Project "Caution! Overclocked" - CrossFire 7970 / X58 Extreme / Xeon / Corsair 800D

AT0MAC

After thinking about it in about 5 minutes, then I just think I should get some painting done, vinyl always ends in a 50/50 success rate...

I imagine something like this style:

06xFh1.png

FHrlZQ.png

My Gaming PC: 27833

3 hours ago, Professor Dingledore said:

The flames on the side bring back nightmares of my computer salesman days. lol. Have a look at this unsightly thing.

Lol yea indeed, but I hope I will do a better job in both the look and also the power.

Just ordered some really nice blue enamel paint similar to the color on the motherboard.

I'm just sitting and counting, in the 4 forums I generally post the thread here on, there are now 6.592 views - quite an amount taken into account it's really just the prelude to this mod.

I have today ordered one of the best spray paints in a color I hope is close to the same as the motherboard so soon I can if everything goes well, update with current work.

Just today, however, it has not completely gone according to plan, my bag was stolen, so I have to now deal with this trough the insurance..... Could easily have been without this problem....
(luckily there was no hardware in it for this build, have not received any shipments today)

I'm still alive, have not totally melted away yet... I'm just waiting on packages as usual, parts for the mod.

I will reveal the theme has evolved and will be somewhat car related!

UtvfeH.jpg

Partly because the blue color Im going to use reminds me of the color some sports cars use.
So some light, carbon, heat shielding tape, decals, paint and other stuff and the mod will be done.

But the paint alone is a pain to get my hands on, so have to be patient.... Be patient to be perfect....

VBtJvs.jpg

First, a close-up of some of my "vision", afterwards a more telling picture of what I actually received.

x3RCjg.jpg

Fan grill(s), car laquer and real carbon fiber plate!
It's not just a foil, but 5 layers of carbon "sewn" together and mat lacquered. It can't be described by a picture how awesome the fiber textures in actual carbon fiber is in reality.

Follow along as the mod hopefully soon take shape

Det her er genialt! ;)

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

I have a few parts stuck in traffic, seems like they are lost in the postal system somehow, so as I wait I agreed to help out a friend building his new LAN rig.... gotta keep busy....

See it in here

7 hours ago, AT0MAC said:

I have a few parts stuck in traffic, seems like they are lost in the postal system somehow, so as I wait I agreed to help out a friend building his new LAN rig.... gotta keep busy....

See it in here

Can't wait to see this complete! I'm a huuuge advocate for used hardware and this is the perfect example of what older hardware can still do. X58 is still very much alive and kicking despite the Ryzen onslaught

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I need your help!

This is the car I have bought, collectors ed. die cast metal car inspired by Fast & Furious:
EhsG5n.jpg

Should I:

1) Unpack my toy car and park it inside my build
- or
2) Leave it in its collectors edition packaging, inside my build?

9q3XhG.png

VKPyqm.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have today received what I expect will be the last part in this build!!! So whenever I am finishing up the project I'm currently working on and the family allows, then this monster will come to life.

Stay tuned within a foreseeable future!

Today I started actually working on this beast!!!

And I found out I need one more part, of course....

KSdgCd.jpg

The paint looks AMAZING!

The color is absolutely the right choice, and it even have silver sparkle in it!
But, it gives a rather dusty surface that needs a brushoff and lacquer to really shine - so I need to find the perfect lacquer now...

Don't mind the uneven "at0mac" logo, it's only a mockup of an even cooler idea I have ;)

Also, those tacky flames that looked like for a toy car, the adhesive was terrible and it was bend in the post, but it became a rather nice stencil for some masked off work

Am only experimenting with the backside panel for now, its the one panel in the case that will be seen the least, so if any mistakes are to be made I think this is the place.

Stay tuned for more!

...btw, right now I am also building a Ryzen system for a friend and my Killer Panda is waiting in the closet, so when ever this is ready, there will be some pretty sweet benchmarks to conclude from.

• 2 weeks later...

Im really really bad at sitting still... But the past few weeks I have been away from the keyboard due to a minor surgery that was much harder to recover from than what I had thought.
I am literally about to be back on my feet and are finishing off the Ryzen thread before going back in time and revive this thread with new exciting updates.

If you can't wait, I am rather easy to find on other platforms where I more often post about whats currently going on, also updates about this you have not yet seen.

Just be a little patient and this thread will be brought back to life.
See you soon

1 hour ago, AT0MAC said:

Im really really bad at sitting still... But the past few weeks I have been away from the keyboard due to a minor surgery that was much harder to recover from than what I had thought.
I am literally about to be back on my feet and are finishing off the Ryzen thread before going back in time and revive this thread with new exciting updates.

If you can't wait, I am rather easy to find on other platforms where I more often post about whats currently going on, also updates about this you have not yet seen.

See you soon

Sorry to hear about that man, but good to hear that you're alive and well and the build is back on track

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

1 hour ago, AT0MAC said:

See you soon

get well soon

• 1 month later...

Well lets be honest, I dont have the time to finish this project now and dont want to do a half bad job, just to rush it, I dont really need this PC, its just for fun.

My best estimate is that I have much better time in December, so am actually thinking to make it into 24 updates and present the 24th of december ;)

Whatever the case may be, you are going to see this again!

2 minutes ago, AT0MAC said:

Well lets be honest, I dont have the time to finish this project now and dont want to do a half bad job, just to rush it, I dont really need this PC, its just for fun.

My best estimate is that I have much better time in December, so am actually thinking to make it into 24 updates and present the 24th of december ;)

Whatever the case may be, you are going to see this again!

Good to see it's still alive and kicking, or alive and kicking to be

She/they 

43 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Good to see it's still alive and kicking, or alive and kicking to be

yea like i said, its not like i really need this pc, already have enough pretty epic machines around me, this one is more like a small arts and crafts project - the advanced way, so no need to rush it. im sure its going to be really sweet in the end and am excited to find out how much power such an old school system actually have in 2018.

lets wait and see

1 minute ago, AT0MAC said:

yea like i said, its not like i really need this pc, already have enough pretty epic machines around me, this one is more like a small arts and crafts project - the advanced way, so no need to rush it. im sure its going to be really sweet in the end and am excited to find out how much power such an old school system actually have in 2018.

lets wait and see

Yeah I know the feeling, I OC'd a Q6600 till I killed it because... reasons

She/they 

• 1 month later...