LENOVO ThinkPad t470 support is nearly nothing

Hi, 

I have a t470 for an year now. I have been using it almost for any activity throughout my university. Some programming a very little photo or video edit and so on. 

Now recently my webcam has started causing some issues. The laptop is still within on site repair warranty. 

I contacted lolenovo support and they ran through some troubleshoot and had me install and reinstall drivers and so on...it did not help. Guy said he will send the parts rewired to me and then whiting 2-5 working days an engineer will come to your house and fix it. Everything was good up until now (10days later) when I still hadn't received any email from Lenovo saying when will I get my parts. 

I called them only to find out that I need to wait for unknown time because I did not purchased the priority warranty.

I wanted to talk to someone superior like a manager but was not allowed. Guy said he can't pass on... 

Now it is not something that big but I do use the camera for calls and stuff.

Yes I can get a cheap webcam for the time being but that's not the point anymore.... I paid more then a grand for the laptop not so that it becomes unfunctiinak in certain situations...

Lenovo think support won't let me talk to manager, they won't send me a replacement... They won't do or say anything else then wait for unknown time.... 

Any suggestion what should I do

Thanks in advance. 

13 minutes ago, danyaldaniamed said:

Hi, 

I have a t470 for an year now. I have been using it almost for any activity throughout my university. Some programming a very little photo or video edit and so on. 

Now recently my webcam has started causing some issues. The laptop is still within on site repair warranty. 

I contacted lolenovo support and they ran through some troubleshoot and had me install and reinstall drivers and so on...it did not help. Guy said he will send the parts rewired to me and then whiting 2-5 working days an engineer will come to your house and fix it. Everything was good up until now (10days later) when I still hadn't received any email from Lenovo saying when will I get my parts. 

Are you in the US?

How much warranty was originally promised by Lenovo in terms of the number of years?

Did they quote how fast you would be able to get a repair technician in the event that you needed one?

13 minutes ago, danyaldaniamed said:

I called them only to find out that I need to wait for unknown time because I did not purchased the priority warranty.

I wanted to talk to someone superior like a manager but was not allowed. Guy said he can't pass on... 

Now it is not something that big but I do use the camera for calls and stuff.

Yes I can get a cheap webcam for the time being but that's not the point anymore.... I paid more then a grand for the laptop not so that it becomes unfunctiinak in certain situations...

Lenovo think support won't let me talk to manager, they won't send me a replacement... They won't do or say anything else then wait for unknown time.... 

Any suggestion what should I do

Contact support and ask what's going on. If they refuse to talk then demand to speak to their manager.

You might need to be very proactive to get what you want.

Emphasize that you need to speak to their manager.

Ask them roughly how long it'll take for the technician to get there. They have an obligation to tell you and if they don't then perhaps a subtle or no so subtle suggestion to them that don't deserve your money might help.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I was promised 3 years on site, that ends in 2020. Here's what they say on their website:

Description

This product has a three year limited warranty and is entitled to parts, labor and on-site repair service. Service is available Monday-Friday, except holidays, with a next business day response objective. Many parts can also be delivered to you using the Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU) method.

now I tried everywhere on their website to figure out what could be the possible max time to repair, was unsuccessful.

when I contacted them first time, they said I will receive an email shortly telling when will I get the part and then in the next 2-5 days a tech guy will come and replace the faulty part.

yesterday when I called again to figure out whats happening? they told that the part are not available for unknown time, I wanted to talk to manager, was told it is not a big enough issue to pass the call to the manager!!!

I was very clear that this is affecting my job, and I might loose it, so either sort it out or send a replacement for time being once myu unit is repaired I am happy to return the replacement back to lenovo. they said no possible.

I said, ok take you laptop back and refund me!!! they said not possible.

I kept insisting to talk to the manager, was told there is no one in-charge available.

I asked to take my number and have someone call back, so far nothing.

warranty-selection.PNG

Guy said I should have purchased a priority warranty!?!?!?!

whats that? never herd before ... plus where to get that?

the image above is taken from their website when purchasing the unit!!!

I am in the UK.