Android take a picture over sms not mobile connection after you lost phone

driesmoortgat

Is there an app that enables you to send a coded sms/message to your phone so it will take a picture and you can see it?? I put down my phone alot of times and have no clue where i put it, my mobile data is turned off alot of time thougH. So it would be super handy to be to take a picture after sending an sms and see where it is at. 

I know there are apps that can trigger a full volume alarm when you text it "soundAlarm" or some other arbitrary string like that. I think you can also set it so it only allows texts from specific contacts to trigger the alarm. Its actually very helpful for finding a lost phone if thats what you are trying to do. It would work better than taking a picture because if you put the phone down on a couch or it gets wrapped up in a blanket the camera info will be useless, but you will still be able to hear an alarm.

However if this is a thinly veiled way of trying to find an app that works like a remote camera/nanny cam/ spy cam/ anti theft measure. Im not sure of any apps that have the capability to do that, however I do know that the functionality exists, it would probably be very straight forward to code so if you really want it then give making it yourself a try.

i am not talking about a stolen phone :) i just forget it in my car, work, friends, ....... so if i would be able to take a picture atleast i could try to see where it is :)