One Plus 6 vs Honor 10

Boazie123

I’m going to buy a new phone but I’m still doubting, save 120 bucks on Honor 10 or buy One Plus 6.

If you have either the Honor 10 or One Plus 6 what are the downsides?

I have OnePlus 6, so I'll only comment on that.

Speed - I was previously using a LG Nexus 5X and the speed difference between that and the OnePlus 6 is amazing. I knew I'd be getting a performance increase, but by how much took me by surprise.

Size - The size has taken a little getting used to. Going from a 5.2" screen to a 6.2" screen does make you change how you use your phone. Despite being nearly the same physical size as the Nexus 5X (because the 5X has larger bezels, especially at the top and bottom) your hand usage needs to change to accomodate the size, especially how it fits in your hand and how you use your thumb.

Screen - The screen is good, with nice clear colours. The only downside that I have found so far is it's performance in bright settings, such as outside on a sunny day. The screen isn't as bright as I'd like it to be and does reflect a lot back at you, making it more difficult to see. Like the Nexus 5X, it has a soft home button rather than a physical. That means the bottom of the screen gets nice and close to the bottom bezel, which does look nice.

Battery - I can get approximately two days out of my battery. Though I don't use my phone all the time and is often locked in my pocket most of the day whilst I'm at work. When I am using my phone, I don't play games, I generally just browse or watch videos. It's the same usage that I did with my Nexus 5X and that would just about last me 16 hours. Now I'm close to 40.

Charging - I can't praise Dash Charge more. It's great for quickly charging the phone. A 35 minute charge will give me 60% battery, which is over a day's use for me.

Speaker - Pretty poor mono speaker. It is quite loud, however the sound quality when playing music isn't great.

Camera - Pretty good camera, though I was expecting a bit better. It has some good features like depth perception, etc. It is certainly a lot better than the 5X, but the pictures sometimes look a little washed out.

OS - The OS was an important choice for me, coming from vanilla Android. After much Googling the consensus was that OxygenOS was the closest to vanilla that you'll get. They weren't wrong. It's a nice OS to use and has some extra features that I'd have liked on vanilla Android, as well as not doing some things that annoyed me on vanilla..

Gestures - You can create more screen real-estate too, by disabling the soft/touch buttons and using gestures instead. I've done this and it does take some getting used to. Swipe up from the very bottom of the screen to go back to the home screen. It's just out of the way of confusing it with swiping up for the app drawer, which I thought I was going to do. To go back, you swipe up from the bottom right of the screen. To access your open apps, swipe up from the bottom (like to go to home) and hold in the middle of the screen for a second.

Updates - I was somewhat concerned about updates coming from vanilla Android managed by Google, but so far I've had two updates to OxygenOS. One straight out of the box when I received it after launch and another one a few days ago. Can't complain so far.

TL:DR

I'd go for the OnePlus based on my experience.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

36 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Take a close look at the amount of RAM/storage you be getting from the seller when you pick either phone

For everything else, compare the phone specs to determine which feature set better suits your preference;

Huawei Honor 10

OnePlus 6

Still don't know which to get? Thats because you don't know what you want.

If you don't know what you want, get the best iPhone you can afford. Simple

I just want fast loading, I mostly just browse the Internet and Social Media, sometimes play games. Don’t really use the camera a lot.