Old Samsung Galaxy won't boot

StillOnH81

I have a Galaxy S1 here that I keep as a spare phone. My sister just broke the LCD on her phone, and she was going to temporarily use this phone instead.

My plan was to upgrade this phone to Android 6, but in doing that, this happened. (see attached image)

I have no idea what this means or how to fix it. All I know is that I can't get into any menus or bootloaders to master reset, it won't go to android, and that it is completely unresponsive to any input.

I quite like this phone, so please help!

IMG_20180620_095932[1].jpg

firmware upgrade encountered an issue.  Get samsung Kies and get the S/N from your phone.  Use Kies to upgrade firmware.  I recommend searching a tutorial on process.

19 minutes ago, Praxis727 said:

firmware upgrade encountered an issue.  Get samsung Kies and get the S/N from your phone.  Use Kies to upgrade firmware.  I recommend searching a tutorial on process.

Thanks, I'll give this a try now.

Softbrick is what happened. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully when you flash custom ROMs, don't skip any steps and make sure the ROM is even for your model. The Galaxy S1 has a multitude of models that aren't compatible with eachother ROM wise. 

The most common models are the GT-i9000 (regular Galaxy S) and the GT-i9001 (Galaxy S Plus).

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I think what happened was that I had downloaded a corrupt ROM or something along those lines. I was very carefully following the steps and the ROM was for the correct model.