Oppo Find X First Look!

LinusTech
2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

@LinusTech I think you posted this to early. video title has something about a 5PM PST Embargo in the title name.

all good. will change in a min.

This should have been the OP6 instead of the notched POS we got.

If you can tell me that the notch is needed when you have a bottom bezel, you deserve waterboarding.

idk

for me the issue with these moving parts, other then that they are bound to fail, just like all those motorized screens on some car audio headunits, is they pretty much eliminate the possibility of a case on the phone and with the glass backs and non-existent bezels you really need a case to be able to hold the phone.

44 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I want one. Can I buy one?

FTFY, and yes.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I don't like it and I'd rather buy another Galaxy S8 instead of this.

04INTHVLRNORTHKOREA-TRUMPOTRUMP.jpeg.e1ba7ef67e7eef49fd5b322759fc91a0.jpeg

Apple has a much bigger, greater (More American) Notch than the Oppo. Fake News strikes again, when will they learn! Crooked Linus. 

Imagine Oppo never created new brands and instead we get the Oppo 6, Oppo NeX and Oppo FindX

55 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

am i wrong or is there a Linux login screen on the tv?

Linus uses linux from time to time.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Anyone else notice that Linus doesn't get excited about phone specs any longer? I think it says more about "flagship" than anything else.

Very subtle, but important move. Good job Linus.

7 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Anyone else notice that Linus doesn't get excited about phone specs any longer? I think it says more about "flagship" than anything else.

Very subtle, but important move. Good job Linus.

Because there's no astounding innovations in phone design anymore.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I don't like curved screen edges, and putting a motorized pop-up camera is just an idiotic idea, it's just another part prone to failure and the "problem" it's trying to solve isn't even a problem at all. I still haven't found any reason to change from my note 4.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, just wanted to add a favorite of mine has been the Xaiomi. I started with the Redmi note two prime that had a mediatek 8 core cpu, and 2gb of ram, and was very similar in size and style to the iPhone 6s+  or the galaxy note 3/4 Era. This was 5 years ago I bought the phone. I eventually upgraded to the Redmi note 3 pro with snapdragon 625, 16mp camera, 32gb of storage and 3gb of ram, fingerprint scanner, aluminum case and 4150 mah battery, that was 2016. I gave my wife the note 2, she used it for the two of the last 3 years and. Only recently upgraded to the Xaiomi Mimax 2. That phone is 64gb/4gb with dual cameras, is practically bezel less, runs flawlessly, has a huge 6" screen and has like a 5000mah battery. When she upgraded we gave her mom the Redmi note 2 because it actually still works 5 years later quite well. 

What I've noticed, is although battery life seems much longer to current American flagship, they do seem to degrade quickly after about a year of abuse. Some do offer removable backs and very affordable replacements if you don't mind waiting on Chinese mail services. I'm very excited to see reviewers as prestigious as Linus checking out flagship that don't fall within the "Big 3" (Samsung, Apple, LG). Xaiomi actually makes a whole range of devices from smart tvs, to smart rice cookers, to smart watches and earbuds. They are considered #4 on the top 5 smartphone makers in the world above brands like OPPO and Ztre. What's great though is they are helping to Prove that Chinese brand phones can be functional, elegant, durable, and very reasonable priced usually around 50% or less of the price of other flagship devices. I strongly suggest anyone check them out. 

I am not a Xaiomi representative nor have I been paid to represent them in any way, I just love their devices. 

4 hours ago, Tech Logic said:

Hey guys, just wanted to add a favorite of mine has been the Xaiomi. I started with the Redmi note two prime that had a mediatek 8 core cpu, and 2gb of ram, and was very similar in size and style to the iPhone 6s+  or the galaxy note 3/4 Era. This was 5 years ago I bought the phone. I eventually upgraded to the Redmi note 3 pro with snapdragon 625, 16mp camera, 32gb of storage and 3gb of ram, fingerprint scanner, aluminum case and 4150 mah battery, that was 2016. I gave my wife the note 2, she used it for the two of the last 3 years and. Only recently upgraded to the Xaiomi Mimax 2. That phone is 64gb/4gb with dual cameras, is practically bezel less, runs flawlessly, has a huge 6" screen and has like a 5000mah battery. When she upgraded we gave her mom the Redmi note 2 because it actually still works 5 years later quite well. 

What I've noticed, is although battery life seems much longer to current American flagship, they do seem to degrade quickly after about a year of abuse. Some do offer removable backs and very affordable replacements if you don't mind waiting on Chinese mail services. I'm very excited to see reviewers as prestigious as Linus checking out flagship that don't fall within the "Big 3" (Samsung, Apple, LG). Xaiomi actually makes a whole range of devices from smart tvs, to smart rice cookers, to smart watches and earbuds. They are considered #4 on the top 5 smartphone makers in the world above brands like OPPO and Ztre. What's great though is they are helping to Prove that Chinese brand phones can be functional, elegant, durable, and very reasonable priced usually around 50% or less of the price of other flagship devices. I strongly suggest anyone check them out. 

I am not a Xaiomi representative nor have I been paid to represent them in any way, I just love their devices. 

Nah, don't like Xiaomi phones, the UI is hard to get used to and there's ads.