Steelseries Siberia Elite - where to buy

LinusTech

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1eeHvgK

Amazon: http://georiot.co/2QpS

The Siberia Elites from Steelseries had a lot to live up to. They promised me this was their best sounding headset ever... That's a lot to promise to a 7H lover like me. It turns out I was not disappointed, but I'm also not going to be switching to the Siberia Elites as my daily drivers...

Just noticed your Intro says cats in it. This pleases me, since I'm a cat and I like cats.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

How the devil would you have known 5 minutes ago that this was coming???

I suppose you also know that my next three videos will be about the Silverstone RVZ01, the Cooler Master HAF Stacker and the Asrock M8....

I saw this first and liked it first. You are welcome @LinusTech

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I suppose you also know that my next three videos will be about the Silverstone RVZ01, the Cooler Master HAF Stacker and the Asrock M8....

ohhh, the Stacker looks interesting.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Ah, the RVZ01 I asked you about. Finally! :)

GW2: Vettexl.9726

Linus, you must quote someone in order for them to receive of notification of your response. 

You must be new around here.

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

How do these compare to the 7H's? I got the 7H off Linus' recommedation and they were pretty nice. They weren't that comfortable though and the left side of the headset stopped working on me after 2 years. :(

What other headset's/headphone's have similar sound quality or better that you can recommend around the $200 mark?

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | PSU: Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000W | Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q Cooling: Corsair H100i GT | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Audio: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium with O2 DAC/AMP

How do these compare to the 7H's? I got the 7H off Linus' recommedation and they were pretty nice. They weren't that comfortable though and the left side of the headset stopped working on me after 2 years. :(

What other headset's/headphone's have similar sound quality or better that you can recommend around the $200 mark?

There are lots of options for $200 with great sound quality. These sound awesome: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004444OFK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004444OFK&linkCode=as2&tag=linustechtips-20

Linus, you must quote someone in order for them to receive of notification of your response. 

You must be new around here.

rawr. I supposed double posting is also frowned upon eh?

Are these basically a steal for that price drop?

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | PSU: Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000W | Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q Cooling: Corsair H100i GT | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Audio: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium with O2 DAC/AMP

Sense the left ear went out for me in my SteelSeries Siberia v2 in late november(bought June 2012). I have been looking for a new pair. What you all think of these. While I do not want to go crazy and spend a ton more money for ever reducing increase of quality, I am will to spend the money to get a pair that is soild.

AKG K702
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K702-Headphones/dp/B001RCD2DW/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1388143074&sr=1-4&keywords=akg+k701

Objective2 + ODAC Combo with Rear Power
https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/store/p19/Objective2___ODAC_Combo_with_Rear_Power.html

Just a note, I got a big head and big ears.

Are these basically a steal for that price drop?

The Original price is quite High I believe, but for that price which is not much higher Than the k-701/2 theyre good. And i've Also heard that especially for gaming they are the best of the bunch

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

rawr. I supposed double posting is also frowned upon eh?

I'm contemplating reporting you for spam :P

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I am wearing the Black Version as i type this,and to be honest my Corsair 2000's sound better.

I am speaking about the 7.1 surround sound software. To me Corsair has the better 7.1 sound.

This is strictly from a gaming standpoint as i am not a big audiophile.

.....but i did pay $200.+ for the pretty colors.

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

did u test the sound with 3.5 or usb? and onboard sound or sound card for 3.5mm?

If the question was directed at me it was strictly usb with their 7.1 surround sound software.

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

If the question was directed at me it was strictly usb with their 7.1 surround sound software.

nah i was talking to linus but i got a question about the usb soundcard it comes with. can u tell me the mic and speakers sample rate on that?