Status Audio CB-1 vs CORSAIR HS60

Drkrinklez

I'm going to be listening to music and playing games. What would be the best option for me? I'm not sure how much different the sound would be, but the corsair headset would be nice because it has a mic. I have a desk mic that I can use for the CB-1's, but I much prefer a headset mic, because I really dont have room for the desk mic, even with an arm stand. Would I hear a major difference in sound quality? Thanks everyone! 

go for the CB-1, if you have a desk mic why not use it?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

33 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

go for the CB-1, if you have a desk mic why not use it?

I'm using the desktop mic right now, and it's just a personal thing. I much prefer headset mics. And I know I can just pair headphones with a Vmoda Boom pro or a mod mic, but for 40 bucks, the Corsair headset just looks so good. However, I'm not really sure about the sound.

"Gaming headsets" from companies other than like, Sennheiser/AKG/AudioTechnica/Plantronics are generally garbage audio quality.

18 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Sound quality on Corsair, Logitech, and Razer headsets in terrible.

I use ATHm30X's. Could I expect same quality  worse quality, or better quality with the corsair headset?

Just now, Drkrinklez said:

I use ATHm30X's. Could I expect same quality  worse quality, or better quality with the corsair headset?

M30X isn't great either, I would expect worse or around the same.

5 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

No, don't game in K240s, monitoring headphones and way too narrow for gaming. Look for SHP9500S, Status Audio CB-1, HD558, Takstar Pro 82, AKG K553, or AKG K612.

I so should have gotten the shp500S for 50 bucks when I could... any chance of them dropping that low again?

2 minutes ago, Drkrinklez said:

I so should have gotten the shp500S for 50 bucks when I could... any chance of them dropping that low again?

They should, I'm confused why they are so much right now. 

These are very good and worth a look.

https://www.amazon.com/ammoon-Professional-Monitoring-Appreciation-Case(Black)/dp/B0785T1KTR/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1529443295&sr=8-2&keywords=takstar+pro+82&dpID=41wuAHbgPLL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

6 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

thats an option. Say, I've heard many amazing things about the SPH9500's, Z Reviews taking it as far as comparing them to the Senheiser600's... Is this true? Also, I know this is a VERY strange question, but how do the SHP9500's compare to the status audio CB-1's?

54 minutes ago, Drkrinklez said:

thats an option. Say, I've heard many amazing things about the SPH9500's, Z Reviews taking it as far as comparing them to the Senheiser600's... Is this true? Also, I know this is a VERY strange question, but how do the SHP9500's compare to the status audio CB-1's?

6 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

IIRC, someone on reddit mentioned they just passed the license to a HK company and hence the prices are jacked up to $100. Philips passed to Gibson and Gibson passed to the HK company. For source i will try to dig them up again but i remembered reading this around a week ago. I was also surprised seeing the SHP9500 at the $100 price..

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.