PC Smaller than an SSD - Zotac PI225

A dual core CPU clocked at 1.1GHz, no thank you :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I'll finish watching the video in a minute but... Madrinas coffee should have sponsored this video, because they too spam their products (cans) with repeated phrases called "fair trade" 7 times...

Those dropped frames in YouTube seem to be because Chrome isn't always using the hardware codecs, falling back on software codecs and raw compute power. ETA Prime got ahold of a BeeLink S2 with a Celeron N4100 (newer, quad core version) and noticed that that chip can handle 400Mb/s 10 bit HEVC at 4K. He saw lots of dropped frames when playing under Chrome and smooth video under Edge: 

I'd love to see some similar comparison with this device. 

You need to hook up an external GPU case with at least a GTX 1080Ti. It has USB-C. I can't think of a reason not to try.

2 hours ago, Andrewf said:

You need to hook up an external GPU case with at least a GTX 1080Ti. It has USB-C. I can't think of a reason not to try.

It probably doesn't have Thunderbolt 3.

Even if it did, I can't see it making use of more than an RX 560 or GTX 1050.

If this had cost $200 or more, I would have written it off as a complete waste of money. Even so, I feel like the smarter choice would have been an Intel Atom x7. It would no-doubt run cooler, and the Atom x7-Z8750 outperforms it in some areas.

Well I guess it would work well as a POS or another context that require low specs and space. But I would never install Windows 10 on it, maybe W7. Still linux is the better option.

Building a laptop with Zotac pi225, FUN !!

Hey,

After thinking a lot , I came to a conclusion that we could build a laptop with this mini PC , just using an external display (eg. Packed Pixels) and a Brydge windows keyboard. Hope you people like the idea.

16 hours ago, Rasbir Singh said:

A dual core CPU clocked at 1.1GHz, no thank you :)

It turbos up to 2.3 so... xD

hi.

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Quite the waste of the Thunderbolt capability, on a PC that has its small size compromise any practically of attaching it to an expensive GPU with enclosure.

Has something like that ever stopped Linus before? Since when has practical been the motto?

Do it, Linus.

This is way better than the raspberry pi competitors. running raspbian or lubuntu would kick ass.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

the reason why the computer shutdown with the huawei charger is capacity.

for safety reason , huawei supercharge charger only output 22.5W(5V4.5A/4.5V5A)when the charger communicate with the device in supercharge protocol and both charge and device should be able to accept this capacity which was depends on the status of charger and device (temperture etc.).

when device didn't support supercharge protocol or can't communicate to charger correctly, the charge only output 5V2A in max.

And i want to see with enough power supply and cooling how fast can it be.

Is the Intel compute stick not a mini pc? its crappier and older but definitely smaller

Has anyone recieved one of this with the "CPU Power management" option missing from the BIOS?
Stock unit did not include the option and updating the BIOS with the one on Zotac's website did not make it appear either. I am kind of at a loss!