GPU Black screen issues

Hello. I have an nvidia GT 740 sc that I installed on my Asrock h270 pro4 and I’ve booted into the OS with the card and installed the gefore driver for the card and restarted my computer. However, once it was done restarting there were a bunch of weird blue lines (phone image attached) and then a black screen for 10/15 seconds before booting into windows in 800x400 resolution. Now in device manager it’s saying that “windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)”. Any idea on what to do from here?

E605B644-E65E-4E88-AB9F-204B8E5C0F08.jpeg

Are you sure the gt740 isn't broken?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

2 minutes ago, NoRomanBatmansAllowed said:

Are you sure the gt740 isn't broken?

Is there a way I could check that? It’s coming up when I installed the driver and in device manager. 

11 minutes ago, Awaismshahzad said:

Is there a way I could check that? It’s coming up when I installed the driver and in device manager. 

Do you have another computer lying around?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

2 minutes ago, NoRomanBatmansAllowed said:

Do you have another computer lying around?

Sure do. I’ll try installing in that. Anything to look out for that may indicate it’s busted?

If you put that in your other computer's PCIe slot, and the same blue problem happens, then it's probably the card that's broken.

Spoiler