Suggestion for elegant non-gamer case, please

Radium_Angel

I'm building a system for a client. It's for his work, so nothing flashy (no windows, if at all possible) mid-tower. Need one slot for a DVD-ROM, and space for 2.5" drives (2) and 3.5" drives (1-2) 

Any suggestions for something that says "professional"?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Fractal Design makes beautifull cases, and their R5/R6 can be bought without a window!

also, i know that the R5 can definitely house a DVD drive, tough i'm not sure about the R6.

41 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i'm not sure about the R6.

R6 has a removable 5.25" drive mount.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

You really can't go wrong with a Fractal Design case.

They are one of my personal favourites and are also generally very popular.

1 hour ago, Christophe Corazza said:

You really can't go wrong with a Fractal Design case.

They are one of my personal favourites and are also generally very popular.

Good cable management and air flow?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Good cable management and air flow?

The Define series is actually a very well rounded case with - indeed - good cable management and air flow. Fractal does a good job of allowing enough clearance in the front of their cases to allow fans to breathe, while maintaining a level of silence through most of their line up. I highly recommend them. They “recently” released their sixth version of the Define series: the Define R6.

What would you guys suggest for a MicroATX case? The Fractal Define is nice, but I'm thinking a tad large for the space it's going to go in. So, same specs apply, 1 CD-ROM bay, several 2.5" SSD bays, and 1-2 3.5" bays if possible.

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

What would you guys suggest for a MicroATX case? The Fractal Define is nice, but I'm thinking a tad large for the space it's going to go in. So, same specs apply, 1 CD-ROM bay, several 2.5" SSD bays, and 1-2 3.5" bays if possible.

Fractal Design Define Mini :-D

8 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'm building a system for a client. It's for his work, so nothing flashy (no windows, if at all possible) mid-tower. Need one slot for a DVD-ROM, and space for 2.5" drives (2) and 3.5" drives (1-2) 

be quiet Pure Base or Silent Base, 600 I find more appealing than the 800.

Nanoxia isn't available where you live, I assume?
They have very nice "boxy" Cases, though they could be a bit better in some areas...

But to be honest, with Cases its mostly Taste and personal preferences, once you know what you need, you can look for that and decide for yourself...

PS: Antec NSK1480 perhaps?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

well  be quiet has my vote this maybe https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JZPzK8/be-quiet-bg022-atx-mid-tower-case-bg022 although you can also get the all black version, but I would go for the 800 version. Not only serious but also has good silent fans and its less revealing for a reason (noise reduction)

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

5 minutes ago, IAnthonyFX said:

well  be quiet has my vote this maybe https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JZPzK8/be-quiet-bg022-atx-mid-tower-case-bg022 although you can also get the all black version, but I would go for the 800 version. Not only serious but also has good silent fans and its less revealing for a reason (noise reduction)

There is one "slight" annoyance with the 800, that dissqualified it for me.

And that is the position of the "Front" USB, while the 600 has it top front in a 45° angle, the 800 has it on top. And that was a nono for me...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

There is one "slight" annoyance with the 800, that dissqualified it for me.

And that is the position of the "Front" USB, while the 600 has it top front in a 45° angle, the 800 has it on top. And that was a nono for me...

what is it? warm temps?

edit: oh I see, well that depends on his client

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

53 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

But to be honest, with Cases its mostly Taste and personal preferences, once you know what you need, you can look for that and decide for yourself...

I completely agree.

Once you know what you are looking for, you can’t really go wrong anymore nowadays when buying a case from a reputable manufacturer. It all comes down to your own taste.

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Nanoxia isn't available where you live, I assume?

There are no shops around me, everything will have to be ordered on-line, which is fine.

16 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

nothing flashy (no windows) mid-tower.

one slot for a DVD-ROM,

2.5" drives (2) 

3.5" drives (1-2) 

something that says "professional"

11 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

MicroATX case

Cooler Master Silencio 352 came up under that criteria. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/C6M323/cooler-master-case-sil352mkkn1

Solid little case. Focuses on silence (hence the name) so it sacrifices a bit of airflow, but as long as this isnt a gaming PC or a high end workstation PC then it will be okay. Cable management is decent considering the case is over 5 years old I believe, not as legendary as Fractal, but it's passable. Also comes with two fans and an easily accessible dust filter for your client to easily clean it.

Runners up would be The Cooler Master N200 (If you needed more airflow for a high end workstation) and The Silverstone SG11B which is more HTPC styled (so it's a bit shorter and fatter), but still functions well.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Cooler Master Silencio 352 came up under that criteria. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/C6M323/cooler-master-case-sil352mkkn1

Solid little case. Focuses on silence (hence the name) so it sacrifices a bit of airflow, but as long as this isnt a gaming PC or a high end workstation PC then it will be okay. Cable management is decent considering the case is over 5 years old I believe, not as legendary as Fractal, but it's passable. Also comes with two fans and an easily accessible dust filter for your client to easily clean it.

Runners up would be The Cooler Master N200 (If you needed more airflow for a high end workstation) and The Silverstone SG11B which is more HTPC styled (so it's a bit shorter and fatter), but still functions well.

I just bought the CM Silencio because of the big dust filters. I realized his office is messy. Looks like room for sata drives and standard spinners as well. Thank you everyone who suggested a case. You guys rock.