Question about me upgrading to Ryzen 3

Go to solution Solved by G27Racer_188,

Ryzen APUs (2200g and 2400g) came out in February of this year. It has been 4 months since than.

That means that most of the old B350 boards that need a BIOS update have been cleared from the shelves, so you probably won't need a BIOS update to get it working.

Of course there are always few board from long ago that do need an update, in case you are unlucky and get one of those.

My current setup is old and been wanting to upgrade to a ryzen CPU and was wondering if anyone has experience with this concern PC part picket gave me.

I just want to know if I can just get the parts and they function but just update it to get them working well or would I actually need a different processor just to do get a setup up and running?

Screenshot_20180618-113416.thumb.png.8ed961e34f7ea3eb4caffc031c3f84c3.png

it will only need a BIOS update to the B350 board, so you will need to update the BIOS and then you can start using that new CPU

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

11 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

it will only need a BIOS update to the B350 board, so you will need to update the BIOS and then you can start using that new CPU

Okay, so I just turn on the motherboard and on a USB just have the update downloaded from another pc on there and run it from there?

1 minute ago, lajbros said:

Okay, so I just turn on the motherboard and on a USB just have the update downloaded from another pc on there and run it from there?

yes, usually in Asus it's called Q-flash, in MSI is called M-flash utility

Find the latest BIOS of your board in another computer and flash it to that AB350 Pro4 

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

yes, usually in Asus it's called Q-flash, in MSI is called M-flash utility

Find the latest BIOS of your board in another computer and flash it to that AB350 Pro4 

Okay awesome! Thank you!

Just now, lajbros said:

Okay awesome! Thank you!

you are welcome mate, if you are not sure on how to flash it find a guide online

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Ryzen APUs (2200g and 2400g) came out in February of this year. It has been 4 months since than.

That means that most of the old B350 boards that need a BIOS update have been cleared from the shelves, so you probably won't need a BIOS update to get it working.

Of course there are always few board from long ago that do need an update, in case you are unlucky and get one of those.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB