what pc would be good for roblox?

Just now, campy said:

First and foremost, this is a super cool motherboard
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A780GXE128M/

Im insanely jealous.

CPU Wise you can get basically any AM2 processor, even the Phenom X6's.

So you can get a 4 x 2gb kit of 800mhz DDR2 for pretty cheap on ebay, it supports up to 16gb if you really wanted to but 4gb sticks of DDR2 are actually pretty expensive because they were only made for a brief bit of time between when DDR2 was still a thing and when higher capacity ram became the norm, around the same time DDR3 was popular.

You could theoretically do SLI/Crossfire if you really wanted too.

Honestly, maxed out, this aging platform could still hold its own with current stuff. But for just roblox, im thinking just a GPU upgrade. Even the more basic dual core Am2 chips should play fine with Roblox.

It just turns into "how much money do you want to sink into it?"

Because you could get one of the Phenom X6 1090T's but theyre 80-100$ still. And that would be well paired with an older although still high end GPU like a GTX 770/780.

i think i need a better cpu, cpu is always on 90 - 100% usage while gpu is mostly on 55 - 60%

3 minutes ago, campy said:

First and foremost, this is a super cool motherboard
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/A780GXE128M/

Im insanely jealous.

CPU Wise you can get basically any AM2 processor, even the Phenom X6's.

So you can get a 4 x 2gb kit of 800mhz DDR2 for pretty cheap on ebay, it supports up to 16gb if you really wanted to but 4gb sticks of DDR2 are actually pretty expensive because they were only made for a brief bit of time between when DDR2 was still a thing and when higher capacity ram became the norm, around the same time DDR3 was popular.

You could theoretically do SLI/Crossfire if you really wanted too.

Honestly, maxed out, this aging platform could still hold its own with current stuff. But for just roblox, im thinking just a GPU upgrade. Even the more basic dual core Am2 chips should play fine with Roblox.

It just turns into "how much money do you want to sink into it?"

Because you could get one of the Phenom X6 1090T's but theyre 80-100$ still. And that would be well paired with an older although still high end GPU like a GTX 770/780.

maximum of $200

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

The i7 4770k is a very solid CPU for roblox, along with a GeForce 780TI.This is my setup, and I can run Phantom Forces easily at 150-200FPS, at 8 settings. Expect a little performance dip when you set it to 10, but overall a great budget setup. Also I have 16GB of ram, not sure what the frequency is or if it's DDR2/3. Would recommend upgrading to 8gb for a smoother experience. Also, try to run your RAM in dual channel mode, 2 sticks run faster than 1.
My pc is from 2013.
You should also try downloading ROBLOX FPS Unlocker, gives the option to uncap fps and providing more smoothness if you're trying to run them roblock fps games. Phantom forces in particular benefits  from lower recoil, and maybe a bit better  recoil recovery speed.

yeah and out of the 7 fans in total in my pc only 5 are running, being the cpu cooler, 1 case fan, 2 gpu fans and the power supply fan. overall still steady performance most of the time, but i recommend you make sure you have optimal airflow, or your pc might thermal throttle
my pc doesnt throttle because i have one of the sides open, which means access to a frick ton of cool air.