How a geek should ask a sporty girl out......

1 hour ago, TiresomeToe933 said:

No, I think I'm doing the right thing, most people here are married right?

I don’t think so. Who gets married below 18? Cohabitation is not equal to marriage unless it’s some other country with questionable legal marrying age.  

Try getting into sports? Here’s a tip that works for the most part, “be the person you want to be with”. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It generally takes several dates before you even consider something like that. That's a really easy way to scare someone off. If she's interested, she'll suggest that they get together again sometime.

normally i would agree with you, but the OP has stated that they have known her for 3 years and supposedly her friends have also said that she is interested in him. Both of them should have pretty good ideas of their feelings towards each other

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

normally i would agree with you, but the OP has stated that they have known her for 3 years and supposedly her friends have also said that she is interested in him. Both of them should have pretty good ideas of their feelings towards each other

Then why would you avoid saying it's a date? Then the whole couples question seems like even more of an ambush. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Then why would you avoid saying it's a date? Then the whole couples question seems like even more of an ambush. 

because that would scare her off if she wasn't actually interested in him. At least this way it's more just as friends as OP can determine if it will be worth asking the next question based on how they behave.

if a friend asked me if i wanted to go out on a date with them back in high school then i would be hesitant if i didn't have feelings for them, because of the insinuation of what a "date" entails. just asking to go out somewhere together to a movie or something (as friends) is a much more normal thing to do if you haven't already revealed your feelings to someone.

If she doesn't seem interested in him, then he wont have to ask and potentially damage a friendship.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Haha, oy. I kind of disagree with some of what you said. You don't ask something like 'what would you think about us being a couple" right away. It generally takes several dates before you even consider something like that. That's a really easy way to scare someone off. If she's interested, she'll suggest that they get together again sometime.

Asking someone to be your girlfriend falls into the same category as above. Just comes off as needy, clingy, and rushed.

It's more about the person really. Some girls think its cute, some think its creepy. Personally I would walk away if someone said that, but they've known each other for 3 years so maybe. It also depend on age like a lot. Just really asking if they wanna go catch a movie or something works OK, something on a personal romantic level, but not too much. 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

We don't really know her so we can't say. If you're asking for pickup lines then we can give you pickup lines. 

Just really start a conversation and go from there. 

WikiHow says don't use pickup lines? has it worked for anyone here?

4 minutes ago, TiresomeToe933 said:

WikiHow says don't use pickup lines?

please be a joke 

please be a joke 

please be a joke 

please be a joke 

you're not seriously consulting wikihow for relationship tips are you?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, TiresomeToe933 said:

It's worked for me numerous times, but you only use them on chicks you don't know. You've known her for 3 years and she obviously likes you. Just ask her if she wants to go somewhere. Pickup lines don't really matter, it's confidence and how you say it. 

1 minute ago, Sierra Fox said:

please be a joke 

please be a joke 

please be a joke 

please be a joke 

Well he's asking us on Linus Tech Tips. WikiHow is a step up. 

1 hour ago, Sierra Fox said:

please be a joke 

please be a joke 

please be a joke 

please be a joke 

Sorry, everyone nowadays uses WikiHow, all of my friends..... But it doesn't work on geeks.... Hence coming here.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

It's worked for me numerous times, but you only use them on chicks you don't know. You've known her for 3 years and she obviously likes you. Just ask her if she wants to go somewhere. Pickup lines don't really matter, it's confidence and how you say it. 

Well he's asking us on Linus Tech Tips. WikiHow is a step up. 

Ok, so? do you have a pickup line for sporty girls?

Walk straight up to her, look her straight in the eye and say “you. Me.” And make alike a “click click” sound with your mouth. 

Okay maybe not... go to a hang out place that she’ll be and talk to her. Start with hi and how are you. Ask her some questions and ask for her phone number. If you happen to be sitting alone together at any point, naturally get closer over time. You and her will if things go well. To 100% know if she likes you is by casually touching her. If she doesn’t say anything about it then you’re probably good. Hope she actually likes you & doesn’t just want to do you. Don’t stretch and put your arm around her. I’ve found that your leg touching hers is a good sign. Otherwise through a motion end with your hand on her knee. If she moves back, takes your hand off or says anything, apologize and don’t try again. You didn’t fail, you just didn’t get her trust yet. You should have been talking a few days. 

How to text her, send one message with like hey, how are you? It’s NAME. If you want to make plans say something like “are you busy this Friday around 7?” And hope you’re both talking about the same 7. 

Have confidence in your answers but don’t lie or be too cocky. Girls can tell. 

Never ask to see a picture of her past 7 in the afternoon. 1. She probably took off her makeup & 2. There is a high chance you’re not the only one asking & she really isn’t in the mood. 

Finally timing is really beneficial and I’d say it comes down to luck and per person basis. Some girls on a certain biological timeframe that lasts roughly 28 days are more likely to be into quickly befriending people. Not every girl has this and not all have a certain timeframe for doing this. 

I really hope my answer doesn’t offend anyone & I hope you don’t abuse what I’ve told you. You can use some things I said to manipulate people but I trust you’ll do the right thing even if it’s at your loss. 

i once liked i girl that was way out of my league in high school. i wrote her a note and left it under her seat so she would see it the next morning when she put the seat down from the desk. needless to say i was very shy. first she didnt see it and it straight fell to the ground so her bench neighbour and best firend pointed out something fell down. THEY READ IT TOGETHER. i died of shame. luckily i forgot to sign it. sadly given my dying of shame it was obvious it was me. she asked me directly and i didnt know what to say. her friends started giggeling but she didnt. she later found me when i was alone by herself and we talked awkwardly for like 5 minutes. she borrowed my mp3 player for the day and gave me her number (that was right when everyone started to have phones - Nokia NGage times) we wrote a couple of times but nothing ever really happened.

im not saying follow my example. yes it didnt amount to anything but not because she somehow felt superior to me. what im trying to say is no matter how "sporty" she is, if you have a crush on her it might hurt and be shameful for a while but its always worth it to tell people how you feel. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

8 hours ago, TiresomeToe933 said:

HOLY $H!T that is a lot of responses......

k, I've known her for 3 years ok?

I'm too afraid to get out of the friend zone ok?

I haven't flirted with a girl in 2 years ok?

ok.

thanks!

If you've been a friend for 3 years and you've never naturally progressed or even discussed the likelihood of going further then I'd say it ain't going to happen.  Not that I know her from a bar of soap, but most girls like confident men,  she knows your not so either take the bull by the horns or find a shy girl to work with.

Stop with the questions here and go start watching Jordan peternson on youtube, He is a very prominent psychologist and spends a lot of time talking about men and woman and the differences and why woman are attracted to men,  He knows his shit.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jordan+peterson+girls+are+attracted

EDIT: please watch a few and good luck with it all.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 6/19/2018 at 6:56 PM, TiresomeToe933 said:

Sorry, everyone nowadays uses WikiHow, all of my friends..... But it doesn't work on geeks.... Hence coming here.

Ok, so? do you have a pickup line for sporty girls?

I don't know here age so I don't want to be creepy lol. It's also different culturally. I'm not sure the line, 'On a scale of 1-America how free are you tonight' would go down well with some girls, nor, 'I'd like to go down on you like an Air Malaysian flight' would be applicable to this situation. Or even the classic, 'Do you like fishing?'. [P.S. I hope a mod takes these down]

For your case I would use, 'Hello, I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime'. Girls like it when you are confident and funny, but most importantly yourself. You should have to fake for something other than a casual fling. I don't think you want that right now. 

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

If you've been a friend for 3 years and you've never naturally progressed or even discussed the likelihood of going further then I'd say it ain't going to happen.  Not that I know her from a bar of soap, but most girls like confident men,  she knows your not so either take the bull by the horns or find a shy girl to work with.

Stop with the questions here and go start watching Jordan peternson on youtube, He is a very prominent psychologist and spends a lot of time talking about men and woman and the differences and why woman are attracted to men,  He knows his shit.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jordan+peterson+girls+are+attracted

EDIT: please watch a few and good luck with it all.

Sound like you know your shit. Thanks!

I feel kinda bad for wasting everyone else time so, sorry.

This went a lot better than what I expected (I expected, "just fucking ask")

Well, now know all of the above by my far superior techies, I know what todo....... find another girl.

Now know some knowledge its time for my 4th attempt at making friends and building confidence and asking a girl out!

Hopefully, I'll be back again..... but I will be asking "How to take a girl out...."

Thanks To Everyone again, and sorry for wasting 95% of people's time...

I once saw a funny little advert for a local bar : "And what an interesting place are you meeting your friends tonight to stare at your smartphones?"

you could ask, if she is one with a bent neck (smartphone obsessed) :"Hey whadda you think we go out to this awesome place to stare at our smartphones tonight? and maybe have a "coffee/drink/milkshake/name the favorite beverage" "...

Be yourself, don't try to be something you are not, don't put up false fronts... be honest. =) 

The best will be a "sure when and where?", the worst a funny look and a no.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

21 hours ago, TiresomeToe933 said:

pls help my fellow geeks and nerds....... pls

Stalk her for a couple of months. Learn what she likes, what places she regularly visits and so on. Then one day "accidentally" meet her at one of these locations, preferably one where she doesn't have any friends with her. Casually bring up some of the things you have observed that she likes and slowly build up a friendly relationship with her.

Then, after a few years of friendship she will marry some dude who you will hate. But don't worry, there is a 30-50% chance that the marriage will end in a divorce. Once that happens, you can give her a shoulder to cry on. Once she is crying on your shoulder, you will be able to sniff her hair, which I presume will smell faintly of sweat since the only think I know about the girl is that she is sporty. At the end of the day, isn't that enough?

You could also, you know, walk up to her (preferably when she is not surrounded by friends because it makes things more awkward), say you don't have any plans for the weekend and was wondering if she wants to grab a coffee or something.

Just remember that girls are humans too. Not some strange alien creatures.

Confidence is very important too. Being uncertain and timid are sadly two unappealing qualities.

5 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

If you feel things are going well then ask something along the lines of 

"do you think we'd make a good couple?" 

I would recommend against this. If you enjoy spending time together it will naturally lead to you becoming a couple, without having to explicitly bring it up.

I think it's best to just spend some time together and see where things go, rather than make it very clear that your goal is to become her boyfriend, which can be a bit off putting.

4 hours ago, TiresomeToe933 said:

I can just speak from personal experience.

Pickup lines are VERY hit-and-miss. If you can pull one off with confidence and a bit of originality then it can be a good ice breaker, but that's about it. If you've already known the girl for 3 years, then it will not work. It's more of a bar or Tinder kind of thing.

Guys, I get it.......

This convo has gone from shit advice, good advice, actually good advice, pure jokes and shit....

Nothing I can do will get her to like me ok, @mr moose has told me that it "ain't gonna happen".

THE END

4 minutes ago, TiresomeToe933 said:

Guys, I get it.......

This convo has gone from shit advice, good advice, actually good advice, pure jokes and shit....

Nothing I can do will get her to like me ok, @mr moose has told me that it "ain't gonna happen".

THE END

My post was not a joke. Only the first part was.

As for the "ain't gonna happen" part, of course it won't happen if that's your attitude.

But I strongly recommend you at the very least try. Wanna know what's worse than being rejected? Forever wondering what she would have answered.

28 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

But I strongly recommend you at the very least try. Wanna know what's worse than being rejected? Forever wondering what she would have answered.

Yes, that is my life..... in forever wonder......

but seriously, I had a 50/50 expectation that u guys would say: "aint happening"

So....... yeah. Plus I quoted someone, ok. Their words not mine.

55 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Don't change yourself to be what she wants. Be who you are, and the right person will come to you.

I haven't changed...... minus being a little bit less aggravated....

Ask yourself " Is she for me" and not "Am i for her".

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

14 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

because that would scare her off if she wasn't actually interested in him. At least this way it's more just as friends as OP can determine if it will be worth asking the next question based on how they behave.

if a friend asked me if i wanted to go out on a date with them back in high school then i would be hesitant if i didn't have feelings for them, because of the insinuation of what a "date" entails. just asking to go out somewhere together to a movie or something (as friends) is a much more normal thing to do if you haven't already revealed your feelings to someone.

If she doesn't seem interested in him, then he wont have to ask and potentially damage a friendship.

And asking what she thinks of them being a couple wouldn't? It's the exact same thing.

If a friendship can't recover from something as simple as that, it's not a very good friendship to begin with.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

50 minutes ago, dizmo said:

And asking what she thinks of them being a couple wouldn't? It's the exact same thing.

If a friendship can't recover from something as simple as that, it's not a very good friendship to begin with.

I mostly agree, although human emotions are awkward things.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.