Hitachi Deskstar NAS and Ultrastar He10 or Seagate Barracuda Pro

jim33

i want one hard disk of 10 TB to buy.. i am between Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB and Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB and Ultrastar He10

which is the best?? and which you are suggested me to buy??

and what is the difference between these 3??
which is faster,, quality and speed??

is better to buy 2 Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB instead of one hardisk with 10 TB?>?

can you tell me please??

what is more safe and better?

to buy one hardisk with 10 TB? or to buy 2 Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB ?
look i am between these 3 hardisks

Seagate Barracuda Pro 12TB

Hitachi Deskstar NAS 10TB

Ultrastar He10

i will use one of these drives for games ,movies music,, add files,,, delete files, to play games in this hardisk,, to uninstall , and all these things
so

my question is which from these 3 hardisks to, buy and what is better to take 2 pairs Seagate-Barracuda-Pro-6TB or to buy one Seagate-Barracuda-Pro-12TB

or to buy 2 pairs from Hitachi Deskstar NAS 6TB? instead of one hardisk Hitachi-Deskstar-NAS-10TB

what you suggested me to buy??

which is the best????
Ultrastar He10
Hitachi Deskstar or baraguda??? 

which is better and which is faster??> with less failures?? 
and which is the difference between 128 and 256 cashe?

can you see any difference between 128 and 256 cashe?

Ultrastar He10 is only for nas and server?? is not for destop??

from Ultrastar He10 i see 2 kinds sas and SATA 

i didnt know that there are 2 kinds
Ultrastar He10 is only for nas and server?? is not for destop?? 

because baraguda PRO 1O in the decription says for destop ,, nas and server

I'd go with Hitachi over Seagate any time of day. 

nas and server hard drives work in regular desktop computers.

NAS drives are supposed to be more optimized and designed to handle vibrations from other mechanical drives better (like when you have 4-5 hard drives very close together)

Enterprise drives are supposed to have a higher endurance and have the firmware optimized to run 24/7 and have data read from and written to constantly so you pay extra for longer warranty times.

128 vs 256 mb cache ... it's not much of a difference. higher cache helps if you have applications which constantly read or write very small amounts of data from the disk, like rows from a database, reading the contents of folders with a huge amount of files etc ... cache is less important/relevant if you mainly store music, videos, games etc

ultrastar he  is a drive which uses helium inside, which in theory makes the drive heat less and because of less friction inside there's less vibrations, less noise and in theory again the drive should last longer and be more suited for enterprise where you could have 10-20 hard drives very tightly together in a case.

nas drives are worth it, 5y warranty or higher is better than 3 year warranty drives. imho enterprise drives are not worth it.

sas and sata  - two different types of connectors, sas is used more on servers. regular desktop motherboards typically don't have SAS connectors, you would want to go with SATA drives.

which ones better ...

seagate barracuda pro datasheet: https://www.seagate.com/www-content/datasheets/pdfs/barracuda-pro-12-tbDS1901-7-1707US-en_US.pdf

deskstar nas : https://www.hgst.com/sites/default/files/resources/DS_NAS_spec.pdf

ultrastar he10 : https://www.hgst.com/sites/default/files/resources/Ultrastar-He10-DS.pdf

compare mbft , warranties, load unload cycles, etc

Note that the Hitachi / HGST are owned by WD and gradually they're going to disappear as they'll be incorporated into WD's lineup - they had to keep them separated for some time as a sort of anti monopoly (because wd owned too much of the mechanical hdd market)

so  which to buy  Ultrastar He10 or Seagate Barracuda Pro?

and more  question  for to work  Ultrastar He10 do i need cample?

when  you mean imho enterprise drives are not worth it.

what  drives  are  this??

i want the hardisk  for to play  games  movies  listening music,.,  store  data.. delete  data,, install  games,, unistall games and  more

so if  i will  buy Seagate Barracuda Pro will i be  ok?>? or i will  have  problems  with  failures and  more  things?

Ultrastar He10 is considered Enterprise , for datacenters, for computers with lots of hard drives in them and so on.

I say Enterprise drives are not usually worth it because you're only paying a lot more for what's simply a longer warranty.

For what you want to use the hard drive, you can buy any drive. I would recommend going for a NAS class drive or one with more than 3 years warranty (usually standard hard drives have 3 years or less warranty).

Nobody can tell you if the Seagate is better than Hitachi or if you'll have problems or not. It's up to your luck, for example you could buy 10 super expensive "enterprise class" hard drives and 2 or 3 of them could die within the first few months (although statistically it's unlikely).

Hard drive have an increased risk of failure in the first few months of operation - for some hard drives, up to 3-5% of them die or break down within the first 3-4 months of using them almost 24/7. If they survive this period, there's a very high chance the hard drive will last for at least 2-3 years of continuous operation without any problems. After 3 years or so, the risk of hard drive dying increases with time... but it's just a risk, a probability of failure, your hard drive could last 10 years of continuous operation or even more.

That's why I'm of the opinion that paying much more for enterprise class drives is not worth it, it often makes sense to simply buy TWO hard drives of a cheaper class and keep a copy of the first drive on your second drive.

If you're unlucky and your expensive enterprise drive dies after 2-3 years, you lost 10 TB of data, but if you bought 2 cheaper hard drives and kept a copy of your drive (or the most important stuff) on the 2nd drive, then you won't be as sorry.

I like the Hitachi drives more, over time I've had more problems with Seagate drives failing on me. But like me, there's lots of other people who had no problems with Seagate but had problems with WD drives, or Toshiba drives.  I'm just one person, you shouldn't form opinions or base your buying on just what one person says.

so  the  best  thing is to  buy  2  disks  of  6TB  Seagate Barracuda Pro better  than to  buy one Seagate Barracuda Pro 10 TB

am i correct?

Barracuda Pro 10 TB has  5 years waranty

hitachi has  i think  3 years

Can you stop writing with so big fonts? I'm not gonna answer faster or better if you write like that

No, I'm not saying it's the best thing, make up your own mind.

Buy whatever has the best price per capacity and what you think works best for you. My guess is that 10 TB drives would not be the best value, since fewer people buy such high capacity drives.

If you don't mind have two drives, if your case supports two hard drives, if your motherboard has 2 unused sata connectors etc then maybe you can go for 2 hard drives.

tell me something what is  your  opinion  for Hitachi Deskstar NAS 8TB?

the  only problem is this

Rotational speed

Cache Size

128 MB...

that this disk has  128 mb cashe and 3  years  waranty

but Seagate Barracuda Pro 6TB  has  5 years waranty and this disk has  256 cashe

because i dont  know of  this  things can  yoy see  please  the  links that  you gave me for

seagate barracuda pro datasheet: https://www.seagate.com/www-content/datasheets/pdfs/barracuda-pro-12-tbDS1901-7-1707US-en_US.pdf

deskstar nas : https://www.hgst.com/sites/default/files/resources/DS_NAS_spec.pdf

and to tell me which from  these 2  has  better  compare mbft , warranties, load unload cycles, etc?  please?

because i dont have experience  from  all these

please if  you  can ofcourse and if you  have the time mariushm

can someone  help me  please/?

19 hours ago, mariushm said:

I say Enterprise drives are not usually worth it because you're only paying a lot more for what's simply a longer warranty.

This is simply not true. Enterprise drives like the Seagate Constellation, HGST Ultrastar or WD Gold have additional technology and features for an enterprise environment. It is not only about the warranty. They are higher quality (more reads, writes, bigger cache, higher MTBF), and are designed to run 24/7. Apart from that they are also better at handeling vibrations.

45 minutes ago, jim33 said:

can someone  help me  please/?

What are you going to save? Where do you need a 10TB harddisk for? You mention:
"games ,movies music,, add files,,, delete files, to play games in this hardisk,, to uninstall , and all these things"
But I can't possibly believe that you need that much storage for this. How many games do you have installed? And how big is your music collection?

Look i have installed  more  of 200  games and old and new and also i have  alot of  music and movies more  than  3 TB more  this i want  one 10TB harddisk

because  i have deleted a lot of  things because i dont  have space ..

now  i have  2  questions

first  i am between  these  3 hardisks

seagate barracuda pro 10TB,,  He10 with 10TB ..and  HGST 3.5 10TB 7200RPM Deskstar NAS

what is the difference between  these 3? and  which of these 3 is better  in everything?>?(more reads, writes, bigger cache, higher MTBF))

someone  told me  that  helion technology is an earlier stage  and  he told me not to go in He10 with 10TB

also  i have another  question to  buy 2  pairs  of  6TB or to buy  one  hardisk  of  10TB>?

i am asking  you  this  because  someone told me  that  the most failures  will  be  in 2 pair and not in one  10TB  hardisk.

also  they  told me that  the disks with 3 and  4TB  has  more failures  from one disk  which is  10 TB  because  these  disks  from 3 and 4 TB are  faster and  they have  more failuures from one disk  which is  10TB or  8TB

so  is better  to  buy one single  10TB  and not 2 pairs  this thing the person told me.,.

but i want to hear  more  opinions  for to decide what to do.

also  he told me this

2 disks is more of a risk. if you run them as a pair if one fails the other may not be far behind trying to handle the increased workload

people only think of seagate drives as a risk because of something that happened 10 years ago with faulty drive motors. its long in the past now and they use a different supplier

the smaller the cpapacity a drive is, the faster it has to spin to read data. the read heads move faster everything moves faster

the faster stuff moves, the faster it wears out

i repalce more 4 and 6tb drives at work than i ever do 10tb drives

if  you were  to  my position  which  disk  you  would buy??

seagate barracuda pro 10TB,,  He10 with 10TB ..and  HGST 3.5 10TB 7200RPM Deskstar NAS

A Deskstar just isn't the same level of quality as a Barracuda Pro

IS IS  TRUE  THIS??

that deskstar  sn't the same level of quality as a Barracuda Pro?