Upgrading old desktop to Workstation and Gaming rig

I want to upgrade my old PC into a nicer one pretty much, any help on part suggestion/verification would be very much appreciated :).

I currently have:

EVGA Nvidia GTX 760
i5 2500K
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V LX

8GB RAM DDR3

700 Watt PSU

AIO liquid cooling 240mm Radiator

3TB of HDD

I would like to replace my CPU, and therefore motherboard and RAM, as well as getting an M.2 boot drive so I can move off of HDD booting.

I am looking at:

Ryzen 7 2700x

Unsure about motherboard but perhaps ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero

16GB DDR4 RAM from wherever I can find it cheapest

Samsung 960 250GB

Costing roughly £770

1. Budget & Location

Around £700-£800 in the UK but will splash a bit (£100-£200) if it means a good improvement.

2. Aim

The system will be used for both some mild gaming (including major new releases in Fallout etc but not at top quality) as well as a workstation load, it'll be running a CAD-esque bit of software.

3. Monitors

2 Monitors, 1080p 60 Hz. There is a chance I would be upgrading to a better monitor or 2 in the future but not for a while.

4. Peripherals

I already have a fairly decent mouse and keyboard so wouldn't be upgrading those, but if anyone has suggestions on cheapish (sub £40) headsets then that would be very helpful. Already have the OS.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I'm upgrading as I want to be able to run my workstation load without too many issues as well as be able to play a fair amount of games, I'm not planning on upgrading my graphics card as it's still fairly decent but motherboard, CPU, RAM all need upgrading (as well as a new M.2 boot drive).

Many Thanks in advance to any help that anyone can give :).

sell your GPU, CPU, Motherboard and your DDR3 RAM

trust me this will be a well all rounded upgrade

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (£137.94 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£68.22 @ YoYoTech) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£178.90 @ More Computers) 
Storage: MyDigitalSSD - SBX 256GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£65.59 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition Video Card  (£365.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £816.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-18 10:32 BST+0100

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

2 minutes ago, oskanator378 said:

@firelighter487 and @Ordinarily_Greater, do you guys think the step up on Video Card is more important than a big step up on the CPU?

for workstation stuff no. but a 780ti is 93% faster than a 760, and you can get a 780ti for €150 if you try a little bit.. 

EDIT: it does depend. if you do video editing and stuff then a video card upgrade is a good idea. 

She/Her

Just now, firelighter487 said:

@Ordinarily_Greater OP said the current gpu was still decent. it makes more sense to me to get an old used card that's still a lot better in this case..

But why not right? It's gonna be a good all around upgrade

1 minute ago, oskanator378 said:

@firelighter487 and @Ordinarily_Greater, do you guys think the step up on Video Card is more important than a big step up on the CPU?

well it's gonna be more important on the Video Card side. On my list you also get a 6 core CPU which will be suitable for workstation load

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, firelighter487 said:

for workstation stuff no. but a 780ti is 93% faster than a 760, and you can get a 780ti for €150 if you try a little bit.. 

good point, that's definitely in the acceptable range of additional purchase. I see you have one yourself, are they good enough to run a fair few games?

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

But why not right? It's gonna be a good all around upgrade

well it's gonna be more important on the Video Card side. On my list you also get a 6 core CPU which will be suitable for workstation load

8 core is a lot better though.. 

She/Her

Just now, oskanator378 said:

good point, that's definitely in the acceptable range of additional purchase. I see you have one yourself, are they good enough to run a fair few games?

Overwatch at 1080p 60fps on ultra settings is no problem. i bought mine a week ago for €150... 

She/Her

Well being honest you only need to upgrade your cpu if you oc to the walls that 2500k to 4,5ghz

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.