Budget cooler for i5 4460!?

whysomad

@whysomad Get a copy of HWInfo and let it run while you're playing, then tab over to it. It'll give you information on what the sensors are doing.

4 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

@whysomad Get a copy of HWInfo and let it run while you're playing, then tab over to it. It'll give you information on what the sensors are doing.

Yessir. will answer back when done. I just looked at some stuff while playing csgo. After it hit 52°C cpu freq went from 3.390 to 3.290 and is locked in there. Since csgo itself has cpu freq monitoring in it.

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

: While playing The Forest. Honestly 62° is still a lot for me,warming up my room and stuff. I never used to hit 60° before when playing non cpu-heavy games. Was always around 45-55°image.png.f504c6c80b755db0979a8f90cf4e106d.png

39 minutes ago, whysomad said:

While playing The Forest. Honestly 62° is still a lot for me,warming up my room and stuff. I never used to hit 60° before when playing non cpu-heavy games. Was always around 45-55°

62c is low for load temps and your cooler is fine. 

Cooling doesn't affect how much heat the system produces to warm your room. 

Have you tried raising the 3 and 4 core clock turbo ratios to 34 in the motherboard settings?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

62c is low for load temps and your cooler is fine. 

Cooling doesn't affect how much heat the system produces to warm your room. 

Have you tried raising the 3 and 4 core clock turbo ratios to 34 in the motherboard settings?

It does when your case is opened :D (and can be a lil loud when gaming). I did but it doesn't really matter cause the turbo doesn't support it anyway. I did figure out the "issue" and stuff,like these guys up here explained it but I still need a cooler >< 

1 hour ago, whysomad said:

Yessir. will answer back when done. I just looked at some stuff while playing csgo. After it hit 52°C cpu freq went from 3.390 to 3.290 and is locked in there. Since csgo itself has cpu freq monitoring in it.

New cooler isn't going to hurt.

I realize I was looking at the wrong icon, though HWInfo is useful, as it notes the Turbo is there. I was thinking of CPUID HWMonitor. 

11 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

New cooler isn't going to hurt.

I realize I was looking at the wrong icon, though HWInfo is useful, as it notes the Turbo is there. I was thinking of CPUID HWMonitor. 

Well I posted couple of screenshots from couple diff. softwares,hopefully it's same sh*t. But yea,results kinda look decent but like said,that temp is still bothering to me perosonally cause of the room. Since it hit 62° on non cpu-heavy game.. 
But yea,opinion which one should I take from above? Or try ordering the one guy suggested in comments (CC-95 or whatever)

55 minutes ago, whysomad said:

It does when your case is opened :D (and can be a lil loud when gaming). I did but it doesn't really matter cause the turbo doesn't support it anyway. I did figure out the "issue" and stuff,like these guys up here explained it but I still need a cooler >< 

http://deltapcshop.com/artikl/deepcool-cpu-cooler-iceedge-iceedgeminifs

It possible to stretch the budget for that one? Or is there a fit problem for the case?

2 hours ago, DemiGod said:

Well my long time favorite for cheap air cooler upgrade was hyper evo 212 idk maybe its outdated at this point but a few years ago it was the best and only choice for budget overlocking.

The 4460 can't be overclocked.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The 4460 can't be overclocked.

We're not talking about overclock. Turbo boost comes with it. 3.2 is stock,3.4 is turbo. 

4 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

http://deltapcshop.com/artikl/deepcool-cpu-cooler-iceedge-iceedgeminifs

It possible to stretch the budget for that one? Or is there a fit problem for the case?

I mean my budget can do almost 10KM more so I can go slighty above that one. The only problem is that it can take months if I order it since they don't have it on "lager" (available in shop)

6 minutes ago, whysomad said:

We're not talking about overclock. Turbo boost comes with it. 3.2 is stock,3.4 is turbo. 

I realize that. I was just saying how good it is for overclocking doesn't matter.

If you want something that looks good as is low profile, check out the Cryorig C7.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

I realize that. I was just saying how good it is for overclocking doesn't matter.

If you want something that looks good as is low profile, check out the Cryorig C7.

I knew about overclocking when I was buying the cpu back in 2015 so.. Didn't know that I'd require any "better" for atleast 7-10 year span but.. The only reason I need that extra 200mhz is fps stabilization while gaming basicly. 

I did check it and it's above my budget + i gotta pay for shipment :/. Appriciate the suggestion! 

6 minutes ago, whysomad said:

I knew about overclocking when I was buying the cpu back in 2015 so.. Didn't know that I'd require any "better" for atleast 7-10 year span but.. The only reason I need that extra 200mhz is fps stabilization while gaming basicly. 

I did check it and it's above my budget + i gotta pay for shipment :/. Appriciate the suggestion! 

I assumed it was for the noise. The stock cooler should be fine. What temps are you getting at load?

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

I assumed it was for the noise. The stock cooler should be fine. What temps are you getting at load?

Stock is fine,if it wasn't damaged I'd just buy a thermal that's decent and job done but it's kinda broken so.. I gotta buy new one. 
Depends on the game but it hits 70° which overall isn't too bad but heats my room up and cooler gets hella loud. I used to get bout 30° on desktop,now my lowest is like 45°. I gotta order a cooler that's gonna be somewhat a replacement for stock and that can "serve" for atleast 5-7 years even when changing a cpu. 

44 minutes ago, whysomad said:

I gotta order a cooler that's gonna be somewhat a replacement for stock and that can "serve" for atleast 5-7 years even when changing a cpu. 

That's not something we can promise, unless you plan to get an old model. Sockets change size and shape, so old coolers are rarely compatible with newer sockets. The odds of a CPU using an existing socket in 7 years is next to zero.

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

That's not something we can promise, unless you plan to get an old model. Sockets change size and shape, so old coolers are rarely compatible with newer sockets. The odds of a CPU using an existing socket in 7 years is next to zero.

These aren't really old coolers tho.. I mean even tho you're right it's not what I ment. For example if in 5 years I get a cpu and this cooler doesn't fit,that hopefully it works enough that I can re-sell it or give it to someone else who needs. Cause ppl in my country are gonna be years behind PCMasterRace. 

http://deltapcshop.com/artikl/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-x-dream-i117

http://deltapcshop.com/artikl/spire-cpu-cooler-sp990b2-pw

These 2 are only ones that I can order so.. ripz

26 minutes ago, whysomad said:

You're complicating things way too much right now. I'm just here to get an opinion which cooler to buy... :( 

Like said,our country is always gonna be far behind. If I buy a cooler and want it to last for atleast 5 years and that same cooler (that I already listed) is 99% gonna be compatibile with a cpu I buy in future. Which is gonna be another intel anyway,all of the above can fit all i3s,5s and 7s or atleast most of them. And if I even buy something that's not compatible,like said,i'm gonna re-sell the cooler or gift it to someone who needs.

**No need to spam the thread anymore

I realized my mistake and cleared my post.  Not soon enough, sorry. xD

Just get the cheapest thing that works with the LGA1150 socket.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

I realized my mistake and cleared my post.  Not soon enough, sorry. xD

Just get the cheapest thing that works with the LGA1150 socket.

Roger that,I edited my comment too. 

I want to get this i117 but people telling me it doesn't fit LGA1150 :'( 

2 minutes ago, whysomad said:

Roger that,I edited my comment too. 

It does.  The official product page confirms it: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/x-dream-i117/

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

It does.  The official product page confirms it: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/x-dream-i117/

Ik it does (i saw it on website too) that's why I'm questioning bcs people saying it fits on one side but not on the other,you can force it but might "break" something.. Getting worked up whole day about these coolers like it's nuclear science.. 

6 hours ago, whysomad said:

They might be saying that because 1150 might not be listed on some of the cooler's boxes. 

Nevertheless, 1156 / 1155 / 1150 / 1151 sockets use the same mounts. 

What's the highest core temp you see under load? Turbo boost shouldn't stop unless it's over 90c.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

They might be saying that because 1150 might not be listed on some of the cooler's boxes. 

Nevertheless, 1156 / 1155 / 1150 / 1151 sockets use the same mounts. 

What's the highest core temp you see under load? Turbo boost shouldn't stop unless it's over 90c.

Company that ships guarantees that i117 fits in my mobo since I bought mobo from them so.. 

Under load,depends on the game. When I played some really cpu-heavy games it was hittin above 70° and once actually restarted my pc so.. But thermal paste was kinda bad since it was from like a small "aluminium" bag or whatever,basicly got it free so.. But rn,I think max on stress/bench was 74°. Nevertheless still ordered this cooler and htk cm paste,hopefully it fits and that it's quiet since ppl really do have nice words when it comes to loudness (if the word is right) when gaming.

2 hours ago, whysomad said:

But thermal paste was kinda bad since it was from like a small "aluminium" bag or whatever,basicly got it free so.. 

Pastes are commonly contained in packets and it's not an indicator of bad paste. Your temps are good for the stock cooler so the paste is probably good.