USB Error?

Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

For now I would chuck it up to being a fluke. If you see issues with the drive in the future we can re-evaluate it.

FAT is a very old file system. There's FAT, FAT16, Fat32, ExFAT, & NTFS.

I was testing my USB Flash Drive with H2testw 1.4 using the write + verify mode and i got this error message during the verify portion:

Error reading file 'E:\14.h2w', offset 0x3c300000.
(The system cannot find the file specified. Code 2)
Warning: Only 30455 of 30523 MByte tested.
Writing speed: 32.8 MByte/s
Reading speed: 112 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

I clicked verify again multiple times and it returned no errors every single time after that. I've never had any errors with this flash drive before. I tried the same test on another USB of the same model on the same computer on the same port but got no errors. Does anyone know whats happening?

Specs:
Flash Drive: Lexar 32GB USB 3.0 in a USB 3.0 port

PC: Acer Aspire TC-780 Part Number: DT.B89AA.012

Thanks.

its under 100mb were talking about , it maybe usb s/w or a fat

5 minutes ago, jools said:

its under 100mb were talking about , it maybe usb s/w or a fat

What do you mean by that? I never said there was any corruption, i just said that it couldn't find the file one time but every verify after that was fine.

1 minute ago, jools said:

there is no error

Then why did it do that in the first place? Also what is a usb s/w? Are you talking about the fat file system(It is formatted NTFS) when you say: "or a fat"?

For now I would chuck it up to being a fluke. If you see issues with the drive in the future we can re-evaluate it.

yes usb sticks sometimes come with software (s/w) and also a file allocation table (fat) which should be about 80-100mb , so when u first scanned usb stik with h2test it found these and listed a false positive ereror message

Just now, Windows7ge said:

Hmm, okay then. Windows might have been preventing it from reading the file or something. Ill run the full test again(Write + verify) to see. Also i know what FAT is.

yes usb sticks sometimes come with software (s/w) and also a file allocation table (fat) which should be about 80-100mb , so when u first scanned usb stik with h2test it found these and listed a false positive ereror message

I already formatted it though with NTFS. And that's not what happend, it couldn't read the file 14.h2w. I have another USB drive of the same model and never had this error. I think it was just a fluke.

3 minutes ago, jools said:

h2test tried to write where it was not allowed

Writing was not the issue, there was no errors there. It was when it tried to read the file to compare checksum's is when it had the error because it could not find the file. I checked in file explorer and it was clearly there so i clicked verify again(No write) and it came out with no errors.

41 minutes ago, buxoh said:

H2testw 1.4 using the write + verify mode

9 minutes ago, buxoh said:

Writing was not the issue

wrong, the file could not be written at specific area (FAT or s/w) , so checksum would not match hence error reply. the issue was with h2testw prog

wrong, the file could not be written at specific area (FAT or s/w) , so checksum would not match hence error reply. the issue was with h2testw prog

You clearly don't know what is going on or how H2Testw works so we are done discussing this since i already have my answers and know why it did this.

I will leave u in ignorance

okay?