Turning On PSU While Connected To Motherboard

Rainbow Dash

I'm currently trying to figure out if there is a short that is triggering the overcurrent protection on my PSU or if the front panel connectors are just dead. The motherboard is just sitting on a wood table right now. I know that the paperclip test is just Green wire to any Black (Ground) wire for when the PSU is not connected to the motherboard, but what pins do I short in the 24pin connector when it is connected to the motherboard? The PSU works since I'm just borrowing it currently from another computer, and there is power going to the board as the green led is on.

I have a Cooler Master G750M PSU and I'm testing the ASUS P8P67 LE Rev.3 board.

The board uses a 24 pin connector and 8 pin for the CPU connector. I'm reading this document for ATX 12V PSU: http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs/ATX12V_PSDG_2_2_public_br2.pdf ( Pg. 37 ) and I know 

16 PS_ON# Green and any COM Black just powers the PSU on. But somewhere online some people says to short the 6 +5VDC Red with 8 PWR_OK Gray, to power it on while plugged into the board. I want to know if that is correct on the G750M or if the colour is different.

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

if its connected to mobo u need to just tap the power pins wth a screw driver

Shorting the front panel connectors doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Shorting the front panel connectors doesn't work.

test if psu runs without mobo, if not prolly ded psu, else dead mobo coz it should turn on when its connected and u tap the pins for turning on

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

test if psu runs without mobo, if not prolly ded psu, else dead mobo coz it should turn on when its connected and u tap the pins for turning on

Yeah it works, I'm just borrowing it from another computer at the moment.