Corsair SP140 Fans?

jlangford.9

Today I noticed that the AF140 fans in the front of my 750D did not have enough power to draw air through a small opening and a dust filter. It got me thinking, why does Corsair not make SP140 fans? There are so many uses for them in higher end cases. 

CPU: 4770k @ 4.6 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G-Skill Trident X 16GB @ 1866 COOLER: EK Custom Loop (Supremacy/780 Block/360mm/280mm/MCP35X/Bitspower Res) GPU: Galaxy GTX 780 HOF @1425  STORAGE: 120GB/240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 2TB WD Black, 3TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: EVGA Supenova 1000G2 Case: Corsair 750D with 140mm Akasa Vipers MONITOR: Asus VG248QE

There are better ones than corsair. Noctua makes great fans, so do many other brands. The corsair fans are also louder per CFM/Static pressure that Noctua fans.

Well, there are better alternatives for SP fans, such as Noiseblocker, Noctua, etc. If they came out and I needed radiator fans, I would probably buy it just because of the aesthetics.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

There are better ones than corsair. Noctua makes great fans, so do many other brands. The corsair fans are also louder per CFM/Static pressure that Noctua fans.

However Noctua fans are extremely more expensive and Corsair fans compete neck to neck to Noctua fans... Also TTL likes them more than Noctua fans... Watch this TTL VIDEO

And honestly the Corsair AF/SP series are not loud at all...

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

However Noctua fans are extremely more expensive and Corsair fans compete neck to neck to Noctua fans... Also TTL likes them more than Noctua fans... Watch this TTL VIDEO

And honestly the Corsair AF/SP series are not loud at all...

They preform the same but are MUCH louder.

They preform the same but are MUCH louder.

Did you not watch the video? at 31:33 He literally says "When they start being quieter than Noctua fans then somethings up."

And when considering the Price you can not beat Corsair fans... Do you even have a Corsair fan or are you just saying that because other people say that?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Did you not watch the video? at 31:33 He literally says "When they start being quieter than Noctua fans then somethings up."

And when considering the Price you can not beat Corsair fans... Do you even have a Corsair fan or are you just saying that because other people say that?

I have personally used both. I have a decibel meter and the NF-F12's are quieter than the sp120's

I have personally used both. I have a decibel meter and the NF-F12's are quieter than the sp120's

Well like I said "And when considering the Price you can not beat Corsair fans..."

Hope I could help!

Well like I said "And when considering the Price you can not beat Corsair fans..."

That is up to the user. I will pay extra for NF-F12's over sp120's.

That is up to the user. I will pay extra for NF-F12's over sp120's.

Well that wouldn't be a very wise choice in my opinion... Especially since they are 20 dollars more expensive for 2 decibels

But who am I to judge?

Hope I could help!

Well that wouldn't be a very wise choice in my opinion... Especially since they are 20 dollars more expensive for 2 decibels

But who am I to judge?

You use your fans Ill us mine.

You use your fans Ill us mine.

:P:D

Hope I could help!

CoolerMaster JetFlo fans.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

CoolerMaster JetFlo fans.

. Yeah jetflos are nice but they are only available in 120 version , although a 140 mm version would be very nice. Jetflo is one fan that can be used for rads and has LEDs in the hub as opposed to in the frame

If you are willing to spend 40 € on a FAN, then Noctua is great.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

yes ofc, and with leds too

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

But who am I to judge?

actually, noctua fans at 7v perform much better then sp120 high performance editions. at full volts, noctua fans are quite loud, but not as loud as the sp120 at 12 volts. at 7v, sp120 lose literally all of that static pressure for some reason, and they make clicking noises when undervolted, while noctua fans still produce good pressure. sp120 are not good fans, theyre decent cheap fans that look great, not neck to neck at all. someguy posted on the forum comparing a couple fans and making graphs.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

actually, noctua fans at 7v perform much better then sp120 high performance editions. at full volts, noctua fans are quite loud, but not as loud as the sp120 at 12 volts. at 7v, sp120 lose literally all of that static pressure for some reason, and they make clicking noises when undervolted, while noctua fans still produce good pressure. sp120 are not good fans, theyre decent cheap fans that look great, not neck to neck at all. someguy posted on the forum comparing a couple fans and making graphs.

I would kind of believe TTL he gave them the gold award and found nothing wrong with them... Here I'll link the video like I did in the earlier posts WATCH THIS

Also he didn't post on a forum he is a great Tech Youtuber and is very popular...

Hope I could help!

I would kind of believe TTL he gave them the gold award and found nothing wrong with them... Here I'll link the video like I did in the earlier posts WATCH THIS

Also he didn't post on a forum he is a great Tech Youtuber and is very popular...

and the forum post is

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/90374-fan-review-noctua-corsair-gentle-typhoon/#entry1253507

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

It doesn't prove your point, he recommends them both...

Hope I could help!

Corsair have been developing 140mm SP fans for a long time.

For static pressure fans you can't just up the scale from the 120 version and expect it to work, so it's taken time.

I would guess that you will see them announced alongside a H90 / H110 refresh (H90i / H110i), that would make sense.

It doesn't prove your point, he recommends them both...

look at the graphs. sp120 are louder, and at the same RPM perform worse.

look at the graphs. sp120 are louder, and at the same RPM perform worse.

However he still recommends them and also gave them the gold award...

And not to mention the VERY LARGE price difference, A two pack of sp120 fans costs around $25 when one Nff-12 costs around 35$...

Hope I could help!