WOW Classic will be based on Patch 1.12 but will contain some modern improvements

Master Disaster
15 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

No , no you didn't have the option to play what you wanted, thats exactly my point, for pve especially , you play warrior ? -> you are a tank , paladin,druid,shaman - all healer specs or gtfo, in vanilla you pretty much had 1 spec that was viable(with the exception of mages, but you still pretty much had to respec if you happen to be fire for MC).

I specifically remember having non-tank warriors in raids. Granted, it was basically one or two guys being allowed that but there was some viability to it. Some fights benefited from Mortal Strike to negate bosses with healing and in later raids Fury DPS was pretty damn good. 

Other than that I do think I recall most other classes being single spec with a few getting exceptions (often if geared well and being willing to respec and having a raid on farm status would help their case tremendously).

Later expansions opened up the viability of other specs but not to the degree we see today. I personally lament the loss of the old talent trees in particular. I think it was a great loss.

The essence of vanilla WoW was the server community though. It died a little bit in each expansion release. I mean even 1.12 started encroaching on it through crossrealm battlegrounds. Some would even say the introduction of battlegrounds themselves would be bad for the community because it reduced if not outright killed world PvP. 

If they can re-create the community aspect they've got a winning formula. If it's anything like the live servers it'll be dead fairly quickly.

51 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Now you can play with whatever class you want, and it doesn't make any difference on the outcome. Is that the kind of game you want? 

You could play with the right class and build on your guild raids. People had to think of what they would build before simply clicking on a button to play a raid. 

Now you don't need guilds, you don't need to know how to fight with the boss, you don't need to think how to build you character, which gems to use (spell power, agility, mana regen, dodge, parry, etc), just click stuff on the right order or write few macros.

I'd like to see you do Mythic Argus with a pug and without really getting your gear right or not paying attention to the boss strategies. It has been shown that throughout the expansions the truly endgame content has been getting harder and harder. The reason Vanilla seemed hard is because pretty much no one actually knew how to play the game and we had a ton of useless grinds.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Why is it short sighted and planned poorly (see my points below)? And who asks for portals? You can just take the Dalaran portal from Stormwind or Orgrimmar, and then you have portals to everything from there. Besides, you don't need portals or summons for things like dungeons anymore. You just get teleported there automatically.

Planned poorly and short sighted if your only 'tank' was sick or had other plans, you were SOL. Now you can have anyone step up that knows WTF they are doing and fill the role at the drop of a hat, provided they had a tank spec. How is that not planned better?

Wotlk was peak wow for me, and I did get talked into playing a private server done about as well as possible based in the uk last year.  The thing that killed that for me was the code was not quite perfect and you could cheese a lot of the hm’s and see glaring glitches across the board.

I can’t imagine a sanctioned vanilla not doing well and will prol try it for a while but hopefully it’s successful and they do open up bc and wotlk.  I like the idea of letting you run your own blizz sanctioned servers too

Is WoW Classic to Wow is gonna be like what Runescape OldSchool is to Runescape? If so I can see it doing well.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Is WoW Classic to Wow is gonna be like what Runescape OldSchool is to Runescape? If so I can see it doing well.

And prove to the devs their current changes added up over the last 10 years really were a bad idea because over twice as many people are playing the old game instead of the new one? (as in the case with OSRS and RS3)

Can't wait

I honestly don't understand peoples fascination with going back to vanilla WoW, i played it at the time and some of my fondest memories were made there don't get me wrong but its mostly something that cant be captured again, BC and WOTLK were probably my two favorite expansions but i wouldn't want to go backwards.  I love my account wide mounts and pets, i love doing high level M+ with friends.  Absolutely no interest in going back to farming two soulshard bags full of shards in preparation for a raid so i can hand out a shitload of individual healthstones, don't even get me started on how utterly broken some specs were.  

6 hours ago, killertek78 said:

Planned poorly and short sighted if your only 'tank' was sick or had other plans, you were SOL. Now you can have anyone step up that knows WTF they are doing and fill the role at the drop of a hat, provided they had a tank spec. How is that not planned better?

Not sure what you mean by better planned, but what you're describing is, again, what killed wow for me. 

Nobody is special or needed anymore. Anyone can be replaced by anyone. Dungeons feels like quick matches in an fps game rather than a social event which requires planning work your friends. 

Was it inconvenient? Yes, but that's also what made it more gratifying when you managed to do it. 

What you see as a quality of life improvement, is what caused wow to lose all charm to me. It's sterile, and has very little "soul" or community left. It became very casual friendly, which is nice for a lot of people but a lot of other people did not like that. 

A lot of work for something that will explode with popularity and die off fairly quickly once the rose tint wears off.

To each their own i guess.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

18 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Not sure what you mean by better planned, but what you're describing is, again, what killed wow for me. 

Nobody is special or needed anymore. Anyone can be replaced by anyone. Dungeons feels like quick matches in an fps game rather than a social event which requires planning work your friends. 

Was it inconvenient? Yes, but that's also what made it more gratifying when you managed to do it. 

What you see as a quality of life improvement, is what caused wow to lose all charm to me. It's sterile, and has very little "soul" or community left. It became very casual friendly, which is nice for a lot of people but a lot of other people did not like that. 

Again, the easiest content is absolutely that way, but anything more then LFR/Heroic Dungeons is most definitely not. You still need people that can play, not just faceroll, and still need to actually get to the dungeon/raid(atleast a couple people to the summoning stone, like since forever ago..).

100% nobody is special, when you do the easiest version of something.

18 hours ago, asus killer said:

who cares. give us Warcraft not WOW. remaster or a new version.

I still just want old EQ with updated graphics. :$

As much as I would love to play World of Warcraft I know its going to be like crack for me. I just got rid of my Civilization V addiction lol.

Studying for Google IT Professional Certification

14 hours ago, Jito463 said:

Original?  No thanks.  Corpses runs were a huge pain if you died in a high-level area, and I still have nightmares of "TRAIN TO ZONE!".

train-death.jpg

*shudder*

Still would take it, corpse runs, trains, horrible travel, running through Kithikor at night for the first time at level 19, getting killed by giants and griffons in EC, druids never wanting to be the healer, spawn camping.

Will never see it, but still want it.

On 18/06/2018 at 2:35 AM, Eaglerino said:

And prove to the devs their current changes added up over the last 10 years really were a bad idea because over twice as many people are playing the old game instead of the new one? (as in the case with OSRS and RS3)

Can't wait

When I checked tonight:

58-80 players in 6 worlds!

Knpou9F.png

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

When I checked tonight:

58-80 players in 6 worlds!

Man even the free worlds