Should i add more case fans?

Dovaogedy

Wasnt sure if i should post this here or in the cases section so if i posted it in the wrong section i apologize

I just wanted to get some feedback on whether or not i should get more case fans for my PC

cam_061618_1.jpg.0fa6aaa497e14de61b29bdfb89652075.jpg

Heres a screenshot i took using Cam, currently i got a few apps open including firefox, i tunes, cam software, discord, steam and uplay

I have a Phantecks P400 with only the 2 case fans that it comes with

Intel I3 8100 is running on stock intel cooler and my GTX 1060 is a single fan card

Ive been considering adding some corsair 120 mm fans but im not sure how much benefit that will add or where i should place them if i should add fans.

Im still relatively new to PC building and my first case was a zalman one that had a bunch of pre installed fans so im not sure what is needed. I watched Linus's video about fans and it seems to hit diminishing returns quickly when it comes to case fans.

Get aida64 and run a benchmark and see if it thermal throttles or not. You only really need more fans if you are have actual heating issues.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

17 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Get aida64 and run a benchmark and see if it thermal throttles or not. You only really need more fans if you are have actual heating issues.

Alright ill give that a shot first, thanks.

The case is restrictive to begin with, so don't expect miracles. You should add 1 more fan. Have stock fans as intakes at front and the added fan as rear exhaust. I would also recommend you tweak GPU cooling. It seems to have fan at rather low speed which results such high idle temps. Otherwise all is good.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

What are your load temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Under load on heroes of the storm in 1440p max my cpu and gpu were in the 60's

56 minutes ago, Dovaogedy said:

Under load on heroes of the storm in 1440p max my cpu and gpu were in the 60's

60c is low. You're fine up to 80-90c at load. There's no need to buy more fans

Make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.