Water cooling basin volume

This is probably a crazy question. Soo a watercooling loop is possible without radiator just by having a big basin with water in it and just pumping that straight to the block. The air will than cool the water basin. 

Anybody here knows a formule of some kind to calculate the surface it needs / watt from the cpu to cool enough ?

This doesn't sound very feasible for long term use. Water doesn't dissipate heat very fast so running system 247 would slowly raise water temps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

Look up Thermal conduction (Fouriersche Gesetz) and Thermal radiation. The values you need for this simple approximation maybe listed in the CRC. Other ways of approximations are also be possible. What all have in common is a large surface area. 

he lives in finland so he can put his basin outside, OP check specific and latent heat capacity of water

its not only the volume that matters, the outside surface is the most important, for example a perfect cube would be the worst since its surface:volume ratio is the smallest, if you have a thin and long basin, it might work since that surface:volume ratio is a lot bigger.

"Aeneas troianus est."

I'm allergic to social interaction in real life, don't talk to me in real life please.

don't forget to quote or tag (@marten.aap2.0) me when you reply!

On 6/16/2018 at 7:18 AM, The321 said:

This is probably a crazy question. Soo a watercooling loop is possible without radiator just by having a big basin with water in it and just pumping that straight to the block. The air will than cool the water basin. 

Anybody here knows a formule of some kind to calculate the surface it needs / watt from the cpu to cool enough ?

Here is an excellent thread that went over just that with testing and results, you will need to seal the tank very well to ensure no contamination.