Low GPU usage in Dota 2

Hi guys!

I'm having a bit of trouble when playing Dota 2. My gpu usage is just around 50-60% and I do not get the full performance of my graphics card.

I also noticed that my fps is stable during the early stage of the game, but when I reach the mid-late game my fps gets worse.

It'll go down below 100 fps and the game feels sluggish during that time. This only happens when I'm playing dota 2. Other AAA games are fine, tho.

I also tried OC'ing both my gpu and cpu, then reverted back to default. Both settings give the same result. I hope someone can give me a solution with this problem.

Thanks in advance!

btw, this is my specs:

i7 3770k @4.4.ghz

MSI GTX 1060 6gb

MSI z77a-g45

2x4 1600 ram

Corsair CX750M

Dota 2 isn't a demanding title, so I'm not surprised that you're GPU is only at 50% load

And for FPS, do you have a monitor that supports a 100Hz? Otherwise all those frames are just being wasted

I'm not sure whats causing the FPS to drop though, maybe you could monitor temps, leave MSI afterburner open in the background while playing and check temps and clocks when you notice the FPS drop

8 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Dota 2 isn't a demanding title, so I'm not surprised that you're GPU is only at 50% load

And for FPS, do you have a monitor that supports a 100Hz? Otherwise all those frames are just being wasted

I'm not sure whats causing the FPS to drop though, maybe you could monitor temps, leave MSI afterburner open in the background while playing and check temps and clocks when you notice the FPS drop

Hi! thanks for the reply.

I only have a 60hz monitor. The problem also is that when the FPS drops and it'll drop for about 70-90 fps, the game feels sluggish. 

I saw some gtx 1060 6gb benchmarks using dota 2, and their fps' are like 150-200 fps. 

I also monitored the temperature in both the cpu and gpu. the temperature stays in the 60c-70c range. 

I suggest Vsync and frame cap that shit to 60fps since your monitor is 60hz, much smoother that way.

I used to be like u that apparently need >120fps in Dota but my CPU didn't allow it, you need a CPU with much higher single core performance and RAM speed to get constant 150fps in Dota 2. Totally not worth it, i actually enjoy the game better with capped frame + VSYNC.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |