War Field - A Pay to Live Genre

fRcIkaA.pngf3XJ8Qp.png

Gaming redefined by blockchain, WAR FIELD is a multiplayer first-person shooter that uses Ethereum-based tokens you can buy, sell, and win for skilful play.

The Setting:
Profit or death await you on our first Battleground aboard the Mystery Freighter MS VANGUARD. The captain is missing, the crew presumed dead...and there's a price on your head. Do you have what it takes to turn the tables on your enemies and take it all from them? Additional Battlegrounds coming soon: Amusement Park, Area 51, Pleasure Island...play them all to win GLDR from your opponents!

Q: With a setting like that are you sold?

A: Na, me neither! Lets continue then...

This game uses a Ethereum-based GOLDER (GLDR) coin that is used as your WAR FIELD lucre.

Screw dollars and euros. WAR FIELD has a crypto-powered game economy, with more games coming to the platform in the future!

P.s. As you can tell I'm highlighting the important parts.

HEcw4rQ.png

Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong, if you want to use your money for this then go ahead. But 'Dude from the Internet', seriously?

I'm not a Crypto Miner so to joey blogs this all sounds like a ripe-off and just a little extra info, 2,571 BILLION coins are available to start with at a 1 GLDR = USD 0.01 ratio so if you want to make some money, now is the time.

The following currencies will be accepted:
● US Dollars ● Euros ● British Pounds ● Bitcoin ● Ether ● Litecoin

This is a US and Europe only game as of right now. Release Date: 2018-06-21

War Field Development Roadmap:

Spoiler

Vbsb6KP.png

I had chance to have a conversation with them and here is what they had to say:

Spoiler

Me:

Is this like a free to play but you pay for each match/life with coins?

War Field Rep:

Hi! It’s absolutely free to play:)

War Field Rep:

Currently, the game is available online as a desktop PC/MAC version only. No installation is needed and everything works in the Chrome browser. The minimum PC requirements are: Intel i3 processor or higher, 4 GB of RAM, 200 MB of free disk space, 512 MB video card, Chrome browser version X+.

During later stages of development, more platforms will be added, with iOS and Android coming first, then editions for gaming consoles.

Me:

How does the crypto currency work?

War Field Rep:

Could please specify?

Me:

Does it mine crypto whilst I’m paying?

War Field Rep:

No!

War Field Rep:

WAR FIELD is the first multiplayer first-person shooter game you play to win real cryptocurrency. Join now and get free tokens to start playing...and winning!

Every Kill = Real Crypto in Your Pocket

WAR FIELD has a blockchain-driven gaming economy that uses tradeable Ethereum-based cryptographic GLDR Tokens you can buy, sell, trade, and win for skilful play. You can use GLDR for in-game purchases and win them by defeating your opponents.

Prior to and during the WAR FIELD Token Sale Event, you can obtain GLDR Tokens at substantially discounted rates. After the Sale has ended, you can withdraw GLDR and save them in your ether wallet, transfer them to friends…even sell them on crypto exchanges.

We are here to answer your questions and help you get started. Join now to get the best deal!

During the Token Sale Event, GLDR are available only at www.warfield.com. Do not accept offers to buy GLDR from anyone, including individuals impersonating our admin staff. True WAR FIELD staff will not contact you by PM.

Me:

It says about winning Crypto and what are the tokens used for?

Me:

kills equal crypto, what are tokens for?

War Field Rep:

Every player is required to choose an amount of GLDR tokens to stake on his or her life.

This amount represents an initial “Life Cost”. When damaged in gameplay, a player loses (surrenders) a certain amount of the GLDR (s)he has staked. A player gains GLDR from another player by damage or "killing" that player. Every “hit” from a bullet or other weapon causes damage to a player's character and a certain amount of GLDR is transferred to the player who has caused the damage. If the balance of GLDR a player has staked as his or her or “Life Cost” reaches zero, the player’s character “dies”. In the event of “death”, gear that a player has purchased is not forfeited. It remains with the player and can be used for new “Lives”

Me:

So it’s not Free to Play then if you have to Pay to Live

War Field Rep:

You can start for free:)

Me:

Yes but it’s not Free to Play in the sense you can pay or play free like other games.

War Field Rep:

Then you will have the further explanation. Please join our waiting list, then you can receive alll info regarding upcoming crowdsale.

War Field Rep:

Hi! WAR FIELD is the first multiplayer first-person shooter game you play to win real cryptocurrency. Join now and get free tokens to start playing...and winning!

Every Kill = Real Crypto in Your Pocket

WAR FIELD has a blockchain-driven gaming economy that uses tradeable Ethereum-based cryptographic GLDR Tokens you can buy, sell, trade, and win for skilful play. You can use GLDR for in-game purchases and win them by defeating your opponents.

Prior to and during the WAR FIELD Token Sale Event, you can obtain GLDR Tokens at substantially discounted rates. After the Sale has ended, you can withdraw GLDR and save them in your ether wallet, transfer them to friends…even sell them on crypto exchanges.

We are here to answer your questions and help you get started. Join now to get the best deal!

During the Token Sale Event, GLDR are available only at www.warfield.com. Do not accept offers to buy GLDR from anyone, including individuals impersonating our admin staff. True WAR FIELD staff will not contact you by PM.

My Final Explanation:

So it’s not Free to Play then if you have to Pay to Live unless you are good enough to kill anyone.

Full disclosure: I found this game by chance on a Facebook Ad served to me on the iPhone App. I have no affiliation, nor am I profiting in anyway from this.

Ending out by saying:

What I would like to know is, how many Crypto Mines see this as a good thing or do you see it as a scam to those who aren't good at a game and those that are will profit from them. Maybe you have a different opinion on this.

Anyway, have a good day and I hope @LinusTech & @Slick, you might be able to talk about this tonight or next week on WAN Show.

White paper is in the attachments else it can be found here: warfield_wp.pdf

warfield_wp.pdf

AMD FX 6350 @4.3GHz | Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 Rev. 3.0 | 8GB Dual Channel @1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP | 2GB MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition

CiT Vengeance x11 | 500GB Segate, 2TB WD Green, 2TB WD Red | OCZ ZT 650W | Akasa Venom Voodoo | Ozone 5.1 Strato Evolution

Not interested.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

6 minutes ago, Mr Velocity1577 said:

I'm not a Crypto Miner so to joey blogs this all sounds like a ripe-off and just a little extra info, 2,571 BILLION coins are available to start with at a 1 GLDR = USD 0.01 ratio so if you want to make some money, now is the time.

Sounds like a big scam. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

13 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Sounds like a big scam. 

People play Free-to-Play and get scammed all the time for more lives, this just has you buying lives first. Read into it further and you'll see what it is about.

I thought exactly the same way to start with and that's why I wrote this article.

AMD FX 6350 @4.3GHz | Gigabyte 990XA-UD3 Rev. 3.0 | 8GB Dual Channel @1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP | 2GB MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition

CiT Vengeance x11 | 500GB Segate, 2TB WD Green, 2TB WD Red | OCZ ZT 650W | Akasa Venom Voodoo | Ozone 5.1 Strato Evolution

2 hours ago, Froody129 said:

Gonna be overrun by cheaters in a couple days if it draws any kind of playerbase at all

I was going to say that. I don't care for crypto but I want to have some fun so I may revive my old game hacking base code and adapt it to this to see. Even if I cant find hooks I could still do something like a color and shape based aim bot. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Pay to win?

Hold my beer

It’s not pay to win, it’s pay to live/play. You have to stake GLDR each life and each kill pays you 1 GLDR back unless you die and you lose GLDR.

16 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

what if you run out of that? o_o

You have to buy more at current market prices if they are on sale because someone has to be selling them first I believe because there is a hard cap on how many are available to buy.

Future will be like Gamer the movie. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

6 hours ago, Mr Velocity1577 said:

It’s not pay to win, it’s pay to live/play. You have to stake GLDR each life and each kill pays you 1 GLDR back unless you die and you lose GLDR.

I thought based on the description you could stake variable amounts, and got variable amounts from other players as you damage them. That GLDR represents life and as you damage them you steal their GLDR. 

My impression of of this was all very "C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control".

2 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

I thought based on the description you could stake variable amounts, and got variable amounts from other players as you damage them. That GLDR represents life and as you damage them you steal their GLDR. 

My impression of of this was all very "C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control".

Yeah it's like bleeding money like you say. It's quite complicated so that's why I said you lose money when you die.

1. Crypto
  2. Pay to Win
  3. "Battlegrounds" so almost certainly Battle Royal
  4. "F**king awesome game" review style
  5. From an Ad on Facebook

image.png.793872e2d5b5fddaca2a4a21b59bd78e.png

2 minutes ago, James Evens said:

how do you can't honor the ICO they plan?

Could you rephrase that? Thanks

33 minutes ago, James Evens said:

no.

ICO: this word don't need more explonation

37 minutes ago, James Evens said:

how do you can't honor the ICO they plan?

I know what an ICO is. Assuming question is: How do you know they cannot honor their ICO?

I don't, however most ICOs are scams, hence why Google and Facebook planned to stop advertising them, and are often "pumped and dumped" - drive up hype, sell when at peak value and then let the price fall.

Sounds absolutely stupid

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

sounds like join to get the coins, then wait for the price to go up some and make free money xD

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.