Android Studio: Errors on creating new project

BigCake

PROBLEM 1: Basically, picture says it all. Any time I create a new 'empty activity' project, this error shows up. I am totally new to Android development and before I continue to expand my knowledge, I need to fix this error.

Here is what I have tried:

- Change API to 21, clean project

- Rebuild project and manually referesh

- Tried creating new projects with same activity

I am using latest Android studio with latest plugins.

Capture.PNG.8cdc4549b20f1f4089f7841590cfed03.PNG

image.png.c0d87715f5823ca7900bac91bd7c8b3e.pngPROBLEM 2: I dont want to just address this issue. I have setup virtual Android of API level 21 cloning Google Pixel(5.0 inch). Everything works fine with the emulator until I exit it. Upon exiting the emulator, my PC just straight up freezes, automatically starts switching apps, closes any irrelevant apps. The whole process takes about 2-3 minutes before emulator releases memory, only then PC becomes use able.

I am suspecting RAM capacity to be the issue creator here. I have currently 8 GB RAM installed, upon running emulator, I am left with about 1.3 GB of use able RAM. Maybe its happening because of RAM? Though I will be upgrading to 16GB for 'future proofing' as well.

Really need your help here guys.

PROBLEM 3: I cant add textView or anything else on my app in 'design' tab. It just doesnt seem to add anything on it. Whats the problem? how can I fix it?

Capture1.PNG

Have you set up what activity the apps starts within your AndroidManifest?

1 hour ago, tp95112 said:

Have you set up what activity the apps starts within your AndroidManifest?

Yes, MainActivity is already set as starting point

Capture3.PNG

Sounds like a setup issue. How did you install?  Portable version or exe installer?  Are your using Android studio bundled Java or did you install jdk yourself?  Try nuking c:/users/username/.Android and I think .androidstudio there too

As for emulator issue, you can adjust emulator memory if you edit the AVD.  Or use genymotion.  Works much better for me

3 hours ago, Jmztaylor said:

Sounds like a setup issue. How did you install?  Portable version or exe installer?  Are your using Android studio bundled Java or did you install jdk yourself?  Try nuking c:/users/username/.Android and I think .androidstudio there too

As for emulator issue, you can adjust emulator memory if you edit the AVD.  Or use genymotion.  Works much better for me

Installed JDK manually. Installed with exe installer.

There is only one problem now, it fails to load appcompat with unkown error. Basically almost every theme is 'dead'. It doesnt works unless I choose holo light theme.