Tech Youtubers accused of not disclosing Computex Sponsorships

23 minutes ago, mr moose said:

you were paid to say that weren't you? 

I think critical thinking went out the window when everything became a conspiracy.

I don't know why.....but this offends me. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Here is Jayz2cents video on the subject. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

2 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Logan seriously said that? LMAO I guess there's not too many patreons that are still on board with his shitty ways.

1 hour ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Did he really say that? :-O

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

i was going to get the exact quote, but looking back through all the comments on the video, i cant find his comment at all anymore. which makes me think he deleted it after realizing he basically just admitted to what he was being accused of.

I can now 100% confirm  that Logan or Jay deleted the comment that was made by Tek Syndicate on that youtube video.

https://dbase.tube/youtube-search-in-comments?v=z_lqNYxgBDA&term=Tek+syndicate

dbase lets you search a specific video for a comment based on keywords, or by name of who left it.  since it cant find the comment, that means it was deleted because he admitted everything.  

im not going to say every tech youtuber does this shit, but its very obvious that some definitely do.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

This topic is also being discussed in General discussion, and has been replied to by Nick from LMG. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I take back my comments about the tech audience being discerning.

I take it you hate every video on Noctua Fans then. ;)

3 minutes ago, Sypran said:

I take it you hate every video on Noctua Fans then. ;)

Well I can say that I like them as much as I like their signature color theme and I think that color perfectly represents it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

What I don't get is that all of those YouTubers mentioned ( that I watch anyways ) clearly state that they are sponsored in other videos, so why would they stop declaring that they're sponsored in these 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Well I can say that I like them as much as I like their signature color theme and I think that color perfectly represents it.

Creamy Milk Chocolate? Well I guess you do like it!

Though Im just gonna warn you it seems a lot of people don't come to LTT for Tech videos. :P

/s

2 minutes ago, Sypran said:

Creamy Milk Chocolate? Well I guess you do like it!

Though Im just gonna warn you it seems a lot of people don't come to LTT for Tech videos. :P

/s

I'd like to think this period was a very early prequel to the Berkel days of Channel Super Fun

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

We have the basic principle that it's up to the accuser to prove the accused guilty, not the other way around.

You're stuck in 2017. xD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

25 minutes ago, JuNex03 said:

well looks like the guy apologized at least.

image.png.02019f0cf766bf0ea5305506cbca37d8.png

I guess that's one way to meet a celebrity! ;)

On another note: Linus had been accepting bribes from Intel for years.

*excitedly grabs a shirt for Linus to sign when he responds to completely baseless accusations*

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Personally even if it is true (even though I know it's not) what's it matter? No reviews were made all that was given was facts about the products shown so no matter how much they could theoretically give you the video would still have been the same

just like this speculation execution on cpus is getting intel in trouble I think media should have the same criteria

simple report facts and put your speculations separate and back them with some proof through whatever means

but on that note many on these guys do it right(the tek lost my vote of confidence 3 times over) its just when speculated media gets reported copy and paste wise

which we see alot now days especially with quick news outlets to trigger you

and this is in all areas not just tech

many media outlets dont have integrity they just want to be first so they get the clicks

1 hour ago, Raz Ghost said:

Personally even if it is true (even though I know it's not) what's it matter? No reviews were made all that was given was facts about the products shown so no matter how much they could theoretically give you the video would still have been the same

Tech Youtubers live and die by how much their audience trusts them. If this was something they did and were transparent about it, its not a big deal. However, if they're secretly taking money for this kind of coverage it would make people wonder what else they are taking money for without being honest about. It is an erosion of trust and when that trust is lost there is nothing to keep people around. That is why Tech Youtubers get angry or annoyed when people make baseless accusations like this, it is directly attacking their integrity and their business.

4 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Tech Youtubers live and die by how much their audience trusts them. If this was something they did and were transparent about it, its not a big deal. However, if they're secretly taking money for this kind of coverage it would make people wonder what else they are taking money for without being honest about. It is an erosion of trust and when that trust is lost there is nothing to keep people around. That is why Tech Youtubers get angry or annoyed when people make baseless accusations like this, it is directly attacking their integrity and their business.

on that note is why I cant trust the tek

42 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

@mr moose I have a conspiracy theory explaining your conspiracy theory about a conspiracy.

I think Kyle wins as far as responses go.

That was amazing.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

If you look at the replies to his apology hes still technically accusing people.  direct quote " i went about it the wrong way but people should know whats going on" 

8 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Sources: PaulsHardware, JayzTwoCents

Several Tech Youtubers including the following Twitter Handles:

@LinusTech

@hardwarecanucks

@teksyndicate

@GamersNexus

@bitwitkyle

@paulhardware

@JayzTwoCents

@ScienceStudioYT

@OC3D

@HardwareUnboxed

Were accused of not properly disclosing their business practices. Specifically stating that those Youtubers charged money to visit a booth and to create videos and other content.  So far PaulsHardware and JayzTwoCents have refuted such claims and there are rumors of a Lawsuit from GamersNexus.

Personally, I doubt any of them have actually done so, but time will tell.

Given the laws in the USA that Linus has in the past commented about the need to disclose paid sponsorships which 'paying for a booth visit video' would potentially come under.

Provided such was disclosed I have no problem with it.

Linus has endlessly commented about where LMG revenues come from. I see 'PAID SPONSORSHIP' and the like in his YouTube videos straight off the bat. Where they are.

I seriously doubt these accusations are true against Linus in particular. For starters. Gamers Nexus too I doubt also.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

8 hours ago, TheSLSAMG said:

image.thumb.png.3c167068f27242c9a48e8f5f3c76e640.png

This guy, he set his Twitter account to "Protected" now (probably because of all of the backlash.)

I would suggest the route to legal action is find out who he works for given his apparent knowledge of 'paying for a booth appearance' 

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

8 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

So this dude that no one knows just says this and doesnt have any proof? Why is this even being taken seriously.

It's typical of the butterfly effect. A throwaway (or not) accusation can have a huge erosion of trust in the audience.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state... 

... The term, coined by Edward Lorenz, is derived from the metaphorical example of the details of a tornado (the exact time of formation, the exact path taken) being influenced by minor perturbations such as the flapping of the wings of a distant butterfly several weeks earlier. Lorenz discovered the effect when he observed that runs of his weather model with initial condition data that was rounded in a seemingly inconsequential manner would fail to reproduce the results of runs with the unrounded initial condition data. A very small change in initial conditions had created a significantly different outcome.

8 hours ago, LinusTech said:

We've already had someone cancel his/her floatplane membership over these allegations. 

It's amazing how damaging this kind of thing can be. 

Might have to do a stream tomorrow... 

The best way to deal with this is to pre empt it by garnering trust. Transparency. Regular watchers know because we've seen it.

Such as here