Final content patch for Ubisoft's The Division 1 released. RIP

AlTech

The final content patch for Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's The DivisonTM is here in update 1.8.2 and brings some new challenges. 

The news comes as The Division 2 has been given a release date of March 2019.

div-shields.jpg.75a80b709d2363dff521f948166f79f0.jpg

The 1.8.2 patch that was already known of for The Division is now available to agents on Xbox, PC and PS4 and is the last scheduled patch (at least that we know of right now) that will bring new content to the game.

It's not a huge update but it does add the Shield Challenges that were unveiled this week at E3 along with a couple of new legendary missions.

So yeah, RIP The Division 1 owners. The Division 1 has had an okay life but of course Ubisoft wants to kill off the game prematurely.

Source: https://windowscentral.com/division-182-patch-goes-live-bringing-new-shield-challenges

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Given the market, I'd say over two years of updates for a game isn't bad. Maybe a bit weird that they're killing off updates almost a year in advance, but I don't know.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I really do like the game, and an excited to see what Division 2 brings. They've done well with the updates, so u cannot say I'm disappointed. There only bugs I have are due to Nvidia drivers, so not something that is Ubisofts responsibility.

Still a good game, and hope the focus isn't in dark zone in the new one...

Never understood the appeal of the game.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

I definitely need a new game for a bit of a cleanser before TD2 hits. I have Destiny 2 almost untouched but unsure if it's too late in regards to endgame etc?

9 minutes ago, JediFragger said:

I definitely need a new game for a bit of a cleanser before TD2 hits. I have Destiny 2 almost untouched but unsure if it's too late in regards to endgame etc?

Don’t waste your money. Destiny 2’s a trap.

$30 for each expansion that only contains ~5 hours of content and one miniature “raid” which is basically a normal dungeon that just takes six people to clear instead of three.

Bungie sucks nowadays.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060

RAM: 16GB @3200 MHz

Old PC:

CPU: Intel i7 8700K @4.9 GHz/1.315v

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A

Ok thanks, I'll make my way through some single player stuff.

Premature? 

Its pretty inline with recent games. 

ME:A is what I'd call premature

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

whats rip about this lol.
it's a update that lays out things to do till TD2 is out for current players to earn stuff for.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

15 minutes ago, bbqsauce said:

whats rip about this lol.
it's a update that lays out things to do till TD2 is out for current players to earn stuff for.

Was wondering the same lol

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

15 minutes ago, Kukielka said:

Was wondering the same lol

Ubisoft has a history of abandoning games after launch. See Watch_Dogs 1 & 2, AC:BF, AC:Unity, TheCrew 1, 

All of these games have huge bugs in them which should be patched but ofc Ubisoft is too lazy and doesn't see the money in fixing them.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

How is it pre-mature when the sequel is coming out less than a year from now LOL. This post is rediculous. RIP, because you're getting an entire new game? What?

56 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Ubisoft has a history of abandoning games after launch. See Watch_Dogs 1 & 2, AC:BF, AC:Unity, TheCrew 1, 

All of these games have huge bugs in them which should be patched but ofc Ubisoft is too lazy and doesn't see the money in fixing them.

Yea and The Division is out for more than 2 years now, I don't consider this to be "after launch".

For those who have played until now, the game has been well worth it. + They got some more content right until The division 2 releases.

I really don't see your problem tbh.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

24 minutes ago, Kukielka said:

Yea and The Division is out for more than 2 years now, I don't consider this to be "after launch".

For those who have played until now, the game has been well worth it. + They got some more content right until The division 2 releases.

I really don't see your problem tbh.

Game developers should at least fix major bugs in their games before they move onto the next product they're working on. 

All of those games had major issues at launch and still have major issues.

Watch Dogs 2 has all the same issues today than it did in 2017 and yet Ubisoft doesn't care about fixing it. The only games Ubisoft actually bothers to update are the ones which nobody buys because of how bad they are and then they fix it to a point where people will actually buy it and then they abandon it. 

From a business perspective this makes sense but it's a huge F U to customers. I can't in good conscience recommend a game who's developer is unwilling to fix major flaws in their product. 

By the time Division 2 rolls around, The Division will have been out for 3 years.

I'd say that's pretty standard.

Nothing unusual about this, folks. Hopefully the sequel takes the good things and expands upon them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Division 2 should have been an expansion 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 hours ago, Pohernori said:

Premature? 

Its pretty inline with recent games. 

ME:A is what I'd call premature

MEA was so premature that it wasn't even out of BioWare's balls before they pushed it out into the open lol

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

23 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Game developers should at least fix major bugs in their games before they move onto the next product they're working on. 

All of those games had major issues at launch and still have major issues.

Understood, but most of the game breaking bugs have been fixed. Yes, some of them were abortions..

However, in Ubisofts defense, they have learned a lot. With both Division and Ghost Recon (for example), developers have done a great job interacting with fans/consumers, and making updates and changes to fix bugs and make the games better. For The Division 2, I think Ubisoft learned a lot from the first Division, and if they start the game at least where Division 1 ends, then they have a good start. But from the previews, it looks like the Snowdrop engine has been buffed, and the game brings even more aspects the first one didn't have. Taking feedback and making things better.

20 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Division 2 should have been an expansion 

Upgrading the Snowdrop engine may not have worked for Division 1, so I'd rather take the new game. I'd rather Ubisoft not repeat the game design of R6S, with constant additions without much base improvement. Yes, they'll fix some bugs, but some things need a whole redesign which you won't get unless they make a new game with a better engine, better graphics, and an actual story campaign.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:20 PM, AluminiumTech said:

Ubisoft has a history of abandoning games after launch.

That's what I call "launching" :P 

On 6/15/2018 at 3:20 PM, AluminiumTech said:

All of these games have huge bugs in them which should be patched

Now that's a different thing. Bugs should be patched, but constant patching isn't necessarily a good thing: it may just mean a particularly poorly coded game at launch / permanent alpha state (which apparently is something you can get away with now).

On 6/15/2018 at 4:45 PM, AluminiumTech said:

Game developers should at least fix major bugs in their games before they move onto the next product they're working on.  release the game

FTFY

On 6/15/2018 at 4:45 PM, AluminiumTech said:

Watch Dogs 2 has all the same issues today than it did in 2017 and yet Ubisoft doesn't care about fixing it.

(...)

. I can't in good conscience recommend a game who's developer is unwilling to fix major flaws in their product. 

I can't see this passage having something to do with this particular patch, or this patch being the last one for this game, or explaining why this news imply  "rip owners".

On 16/6/2018 at 4:07 PM, Ryujin2003 said:

Upgrading the Snowdrop engine may not have worked for Division 1, so I'd rather take the new game. I'd rather Ubisoft not repeat the game design of R6S, with constant additions without much base improvement. Yes, they'll fix some bugs, but some things need a whole redesign which you won't get unless they make a new game with a better engine, better graphics, and an actual story campaign

many games have had their engines years after their release, latest that comes to mind is Guild Wars 2 with the latest expansion.

And in that same expansion, they added feature and game modes that completely changes the experience.

Are you seriously talking graphics? from a ubi game? at E3? 

... Guess some people never learn.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

47 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Are you seriously talking graphics? from a ubi game? at E3? 

... Guess some people never learn.

I know most of the game demos are far from completed products, so got it. But, if they realized that since of the issues that needed to be resolved were due to the Snowdrop engine, then it makes sense they'd update it.

I mean, yes it would be fun to have more NYC, and it's weird that it's going to be summer instead of winter, so the be game really needs added story and content in order to refresh the game, otherwise you're right, it probably could've been an expansion.

If it's a massive improvement, I'm for it. Time will tell. But for Division 1, i never played when it first came out, and I was a bit disappointed in the reviews. But u got it after a while, and really enjoyed how they updated, fixed bugs, and added additional content. Things that should have, could have, it would have been at release, but I do think it shows that the developers actually seemed to care and LEARNED from their mistakes. Learning is huge, and sometimes, as unfortunate as it can be, learning opportunities arise from mistakes and failure. Moreso than from uninterrupted success.

But those are things you can add with an Expansion, expand the map to let move between NYC and Washington, like you could go from Azeroth to Northrend when Wrath dropped, updated engine like i stated above in Guild Wars, heck even Blizzard updated the engine in WoW and it didn't require a new game from scratch.

It can be done, what Ubi pulled was just a cash grab in the same vein of Bungie with Destiny 2. 

I just hope for them they don't go full bungie and also remove all the improvements they added to the first title.

The Division was an okay game... Especially with a friend. But once said friend decide to just drop the game, it's kind of boring alone.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro