Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wojtepanik

GDPR pop-ups - adblock

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey,
Is there any option in adblock or other plugin to hide all those pop-ups for GDPR consents etc? I couldn't find any obvious one 

13 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

Hey,
Is there any option in adblock or other plugin to hide all those pop-ups for GDPR consents etc? I couldn't find any obvious one 

They're mandated by all EU governments, so deal with it.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 3600X MSI B450M Mortar Max 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

24 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

Hey,

These are required by EU laws.

If you accept or reject them, they should not bother that much anymore.

Skynet: MacBook Pro Late 2016 Space Gray | i7-6820HQ 2.7 GHz | 16 GB LPDDR3 | Radeon Pro 455 2048 MB | 512 GB NVMe SSD | 15" 2880x1800

HAL9000: Intel i5-9600k | Cryorig M9 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Gigabyte Z390I AORUS PRO WIFI | MSI GTX 1080 Ti SeaHawk X | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Corsair TX650M | NZXT H210i | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Xeon E5-2675 v3 | Cooler Master Hyper 212X | 64 GB Kingston/Samsung DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PA-D8 | Corsair HX1000 | 256 GB Samsung 850 Evo + 3x 3 TB WD Red + 2 TB Seagate | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.7.0

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Remember the small "we use cookies" pop ups? I used to be annoyed by those. But now I miss them. The GDPR pop-ups are horrible on many sites. Re-directs you to a different page and blocks half the page..

Here in the UK a lot of sites, and some run by a certain local newspaper (yes we really still have local newspapers) have either an Accept option or choose.

If you click on choose you get a list with over one hundred organisations that want to share/borrow your details/spy on you. Annoyingly each time to be able to reject them all you need to click through 3 different popup boxes!

28 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

I would love to have that just rejects all option on every site I visit

Well, you can block sites that don't respect GDPR but as far as I know you can't auto-accept or auto-refuse as that would go against the whole point of the law: informed, opt-in data sharing. Trying to automate the process is problematic because every site does it differently, we'd need a database of what is considered a GDPR banner much like we have ad databases.

...is there a question here? 🤔

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

4 hours ago, jj9987 said:

These are required by EU laws.

If you accept or reject them, they should not bother that much anymore.

There are websites which show them again unless you say yes to tracking.

And for the EU laws require them argument there are also cookie popup blocker for ublock.

For now just make your own filter. Over time the experience will get better.