Youtuber smearing lawsuit?

Apparently another Youtuber named Sai has accused several prominent Youtubers of charging companies to visit their booths at events. Is LTT also seeking legal action against this Sai Kumar fellow.

I don't believe the accusation is true, I think it's just an aspiring Youtuber that's bitter because he's not as popular.

Edit: The video below is JayzTwoCents, one of the people being slandered, explaining the situation.

When can I run adblock in real life?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Haven't watched the video but I doubt Jay would risk ruining his reputation tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Haven't watched the video but I doubt Jay would risk ruining his reputation tbh

I'm not sure if you misunderstood or not, I apologize if I am wrong. It's not jay making the accusation, it's the other gentleman. Jay made the video to address the accusations made by the individual.

@Professor Dingledore just a heads up you might add quotes, or risk the thread being moved or possibly locked.

5 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

I'm not sure if you misunderstood or not, I apologize if I am wrong. It's not jay making the accusation, it's the other gentleman. Jay made the video to address the accusations made by the individual.

@Professor Dingledore just a heads up you might add quotes, or risk the thread being moved or possibly locked.

Oh... The video doesn't suffice as a quote? I'm not sure what else to add, Sai's twitter is hidden from non-followers so I can't copy paste from it.

2 minutes ago, Professor Dingledore said:

Oh... The video doesn't suffice as a quote? I'm not sure what else to add, Sai's twitter is hidden from non-followers so I can't copy paste from it.

what is his twitter handle? maybe internet archive's wayback machine can reveal some.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, captain_to_fire said:

what is his twitter handle? maybe internet archive's wayback machine can reveal some.

SaiKrishanKumar

3 minutes ago, Professor Dingledore said:

SaiKrishanKumar

https://web.archive.org/web/20180610165742/twitter.com/SaiKrishanKumar

Looks like he was able to lockdown his Twitter before the Wayback Machine had the chance to crawl over his tweets

Why do I have to be at the office at the moment:/ My computer doesn't have speakers...

2 minutes ago, NMS said:

Why do I have to be at the office at the moment:/ My computer doesn't have speakers...

You can use the headphones of your phone and plug it in unless your IT disabled audio drivers then that will suck.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

no, Jay's consulting his lawyers against the guy ._. not the other way around many times

Saw this on JayzTwoCents' twitter thread. Looks like the guy was acknowledging the possible repercussions from alleged oral defamation

1 minute ago, captain_to_fire said:

You can use the headphones of your phone and plug it in unless your IT disabled audio drivers then that will suck.

Well unfortunately my newly purchased OnePlus 6 does not come with headphones. First world problems!

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

hey umm small PSA: don't brigade on twitter (or anywhere for the matter). let them sort this out among themselves.

mild example, but don't do this

That tweet made me lose the little respect I might have had left for Barnacules. 

The "I have more subscribers that you" argument is ad hominem and extremely immature. 

It's like telling someone that they are poor and therefore wrong and unimportant. 

I don't even care about this YouTube drama. But fuck you Barns. 

Edit: hehe, I looked at barns twitter and it's a goldmine for stupid fallacies, hypocrites and projections. 

For what I can tell barns was never mentioned as one of accused people. Yet he is posting a ton about this, and accuses whoever this nobody is from trying to get fame from YouTube drama.

Dude, he is a nobody. Why are you sicking your hundreds of thousands of fans on someone who hasn't even done you anything? 

Also, reposting tweets he has since deleted does nothing but keep the drama alive. You're clearly demonstrating that you want this to blow up rather than blow over. 

This bloke sounds as bad as adordedtv,  shit on you first for the views then hang the consequences later. evidence? who needs it?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

That tweet made me lose the little respect I might have had left for Barnacules. 

The "I have more subscribers that you" argument is ad hominem and extremely immature. 

It's like telling someone that they are poor and therefore wrong and unimportant. 

That tweet from Barnacules was probably a joke.

These people that make baseless accusations with no evidence to get attention then make their whole twitter page private are the ones that shouldn't be getting any respect.

Charging a company to visit their booth? That doesn't even make any sense.

31 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Edit: hehe, I looked at barns twitter and it's a goldmine for stupid fallacies, hypocrites and projections. 

For what I can tell barns was never mentioned as one of accused people. Yet he is posting a ton about this, and accuses whoever this nobody is from trying to get fame from YouTube drama.

Dude, he is a nobody. Why are you sicking your hundreds of thousands of fans on someone who hasn't even done you anything? 

Also, reposting tweets he has since deleted does nothing but keep the drama alive. You're clearly demonstrating that you want this to blow up rather than blow over. 

I've been watching Jay's streams with Barnacules for a while. I noticed that he always tries to defend or show Jay in good light. He occasionally tries to "criticize" Jay, but only to the extent of seeming "independent" from him. It's getting rather pathetic at this point, but I can't feel pity for guys like him anymore.

Huh, I saw part of this before it blew up into a "thing". That doesn't happen often.

Directly sponsored pieces have to be disclosed in the video. A company won't last long when they don't, as it opens them up to being exposed later. There's a reason Linus went for the "Top Gear of Tech" route, as it allows for access to all of the cool stuff, good money, and he can be up-front with what is going on.  (We also get some hilarious industry information, as Intel REALLY, REALLY wants you to know about Optane.)

32 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Yet he is posting a ton about this, and accuses whoever this nobody is from trying to get fame from YouTube drama.

Because Barnacules is living vicariously through other youtubers :D (Jayz in particular since they are close friends). He posts like 1 video/month (or per 2 months) so he is not the most relevant YTber of them all even if he somehow managed to keep his 900k subscribers.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

he probably make that tweet as a joke

4 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

no, Jay's consulting his lawyers against the guy ._. not the other way around many times

GN are also lawyering up according to a tweet I cant find right now.

Wonder if anything will happen with the lawsuit or if it will be thrown out. IMO these accusations seems equally lame as the random "Linus is a Nvidia-shill" comments on youtube..

LTT and other channels like Jayz2cents have never made it a secret when they had been sponsored to produce a given piece of content, I find it very hard to believe that they'd try to pass something like this under the radar if it were true. Furthermore it's not like LMG is having a hard time making a profit (at least as far as I can tell, considering their channels' growth and the fact that they are constantly hiring more people) so I don't see the point in risking their reputation in exchange for some sketchy money.

I also don't see why they would sue, maybe they'll address it in the WAN show just to set the record straight but taking it to court would probably just give it more weight than it deserves. On top of that the guy would get to play the martyr card, claiming he couldn't win a court case because he's not as rich or whatever. In the end, winning a lawsuit wouldn't erase any potential bad press and it would only give this more attention.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

I also don't see why they would sue, maybe they'll address it in the WAN show just to set the record straight but taking it to court would probably just give it more weight than it deserves. On top of that the guy would get to play the martyr card, claiming he couldn't win a court case because he's not as rich or whatever. In the end, winning a lawsuit wouldn't erase any potential bad press and it would only give this more attention.

If it actually does go to court we likely won't know anything until after it's been resolved. Talking about specifics of the case outside the courtroom can get you into some pretty hefty trouble of it's own in some jurisdictions.

And I mean we really know nothing at this point. We don't know which side filed the lawsuit, we don't know why they filed the lawsuit, I mean for all we know the lawsuit could be from Videocardz or could be an antitrust thing files by one of the companies who are victims. We really know nothing at this point.

7 hours ago, huilun02 said:

How would that one dumb guy sue so many bigger channels?

Its very easy to sue people.

Anyone can sue anyone, its pretty simple.

Anyone can sue based on meaningless, baseless accusations.

Think about it, channels that put out video's to make a profit would indeed visit booths for money.

Common sense really.

Channels have said they are sellouts by putting up silly childish thumbnail videos to gain more viewers and more money. And the channels create drama by putting out drama videos. And channels put out "filler" video's. You guys do not have to look far at all! It is literally right in front of you, right now!

6 hours ago, LAwLz said:

The first and last video I ever watched from him was talking about the set up in his office and "the haters" who are jealous of his "cool stuff". Never went back after that.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Didn't watch the video.  Not going to give it a click.

Though I'm noticing a trend of youtubers slamming bigger youtubers.  I think it's just a tactic to ride off someone else's fame.