can i travel to japan alone?

a7mddiaa
8 minutes ago, a7mddiaa said:

age of consent means the age i can live alone legally right?

The age of consent is the age at which a person is considered to be legally competent to consent to sexual acts and is thus the minimum age of a person with whom another person is legally permitted to engage in sexual activity.

That's a little Wikipedia quote right there btw.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

This thread is hilarious.

You have absolutely no reason to go to Japan by yourself and LIVE THERE. You're 14, for crying out loud. That's not even old enough for a full driving license...

And there's no way your parents will let you do this, regardless of who's paying.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

how easy is it to get a permanent resident visa to japan?

No, it is not easy to get permanent residency in Japan. 

- Japanese permanent residency holder who also had a chance to get citzenship... ;)

4 hours ago, Centurius said:

You'll need to become a citizen first which will take a few years more, and no in general you really don't want to live in Japan as a foreigner.

Maybe OP has a Japanese looking enough face? Japanese people are always interested in people coming back from overseas, such as me. Apparently my elementary school teacher, principle and my sister's teach begged my mother for my sister and I to stay in Japan.

Oh,it made me go from slightly unpopular to instantly extremely popular, for the somewhat brief time my sister and I was there...(came back to Scotland as in my mother's opinion, education is better here, which I agree to a certain point). 

4 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

the consent age in japan is 12 and i am 14 but the consent age in my country is 18

12 my ass. Its a bit like British laws, 16 is the minimum age of consent however there are additional rules attached to it such as a 16 can only do it with another 16/17 (of course, exceptions exists) meaning if a 18 did it with a 16, the 18 can get their ass thrown in prison. In the case of Japan, are you planning on getting married when you get to Japan (when you're not even 16 yet)? If so, have fun with your new wife otherwise, nope, unless you're both 18, you can get in trouble.

Oh by the way, the age in becoming an adult is 20 in Japan. This is either the same or higher than many other countries. 

4 hours ago, Centurius said:

Anyone who is 14 has no business travelling abroad alone, certainly not get a permanent resident visa.

*inserts myself* To be fair, I am probably quite a special case. As my mother was always working (she's now working less but is abroad 6-10 months/year) while my father resides in a country 6000 miles away (for 10-11 months/year), I guess my sister and I gained independence before we even hit 8 or 10 years old. Also, I guess the Japanese attitudes towards independence (i.e. grade one elementary school students typically goes to school alone) grew on my mother when she lived there for >10years so she also forced independence on us...

I mean when I was around 13 years old, I lived alone for 2.5 weeks as my mother's schedule conflicted with a trip my sister (who is only 2 years older btw) went on.

Yeah, I guess having been able to wash+clothes myself since I was 2.5 years old, feed myself 'instant'/quick meals like instant ramen/microwave meals/making sandwiches since I was around 5 or 6 and being able to cook from scratch since I was 10 or 11 is probably skewing my opinions in independence quite badly so to be honest, it all depends on the maturity and capabilities of the person in question. 

Hehe, to everyone who has seen my posts, if you think I'm a tad childish, I am. I never had the chance to be childish when I was actually young meaning my personality as I got older became more and more childish... 

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

Age of consent =/= adulthood

Well age of legally being an adult in Japan is 20 so... :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I have traveled alone since i was 14. Consent age does not have to do with anything. you need legal permission to travel out of your country, once you are out you do not need anything to move around the globe. And I doubt you can get a permanent resident visa, unless you have good reasons, and some hotels require you to be 18 years old to host you, or legal paperwork. 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

Japan doesn't hand out permanent resident visa especially to a kid who has not completed primary education and has no marketable skills whatsoever. 

Japan doesn't even hand out residence to refugees fleeing wars and genocide. They grant asylum status to less than 1% of the applicants so there is absolutely no way you can get permrnane residency there whatsoever unless you married or married into(if you are female) a Japanese family. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Traveling alone depends on the carrier's rules. Some of them allow anyone 15 or older to travel. But for international travel, they usually require you to be at least 18 unless you've made special arrangements.

As for obtaining permanent residency status, you can pretty much forget about it. It's hard for even "normal" people to obtain a permanent residency status (see: https://blog.gaijinpot.com/japans-new-permanent-residency-rules-explained/).

ever heard of United world college? google UWC Egypt 

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

1) Age of consent means that you are legally allowed to have sex. Not that you are considered an adult. In Japan you're considered an adult at the age of 20.

2) You are not allowed to work until you are 15 years old. Even then, you will most likely not be able to find a full time job. It will be part time at best.

3) I think you're greatly underestimating how much money it costs to live alone. You say you have money, but Japan is fairly notorious for high living expenses. In Tokyo it is estimated to be around 1000 dollars a month, not including rent (which will most likely be about 600-700 dollars for a cheap apartment at less than 20 square meters). Do you have ~1600 dollars a month for food and living?

Not to mention the one-time costs like the flight ticket (seems to be around 800 dollars one way)

4) You make it sound easy to get a developer job. It's not. It's not something you just pick up a book, read for a bit and then apply for a job. It's a pretty competitive market.

5) Do you know Japanese? Japanese people are not exactly known for being good at English.

6) Have you looked into what you need to get a visa? Such as work visa or just a visa for being in the country for a long period of time? One of the hardest things to get is a certificate of eligibility, which is a requirement for a working visa. It essentially boils down to one of two things. You either need family inside Japan that you will move to, or you need to have a job offer from an employer in Japan. In order to become a citizen you also need to be at least 20 years old, have lived in Japan for 10 years (5 of which should be under a work visa or related to family status), need to renounce your former citizenship, a decent understanding of the Japanese language, and some other requirements.

Why do you want to move to Japan?

6 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

xD am not rly running not that my family wont know

just that i hate my country

Where do you live?

6 minutes ago, Anjelllo said:

Where do you live?

Egypt, I think.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I worked there for a bit when I was 20, got a placement while at university. I had to pay for flights, but they paid for somewhere to stay which obviously would help a LOT. As others mentioned, the current age of becoming adult is 20, and I got invited to attend the ceremony thrown by the city but didn't go as I mostly hung out with some English speaking Japanese people I knew from before I went there. I saw in the news they're dropping the age to 18, but it wont be for some years yet. Another popular method for people to get to stay/work in Japan was as English language teachers. The more reputable agencies then required degree level education so they don't just take anyone, dunno if that is different now. I have heard of hospitality jobs, where basically they provide you with somewhere to live and food, in exchange for your work, but be careful it doesn't turn out to be modern slavery.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 hours ago, a7mddiaa said:

its the only country that i can travel to alone 

just to make sure i get this , age of consent means the age i can live alone legally right?

2 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

That's a little Wikipedia quote right there btw.

in addition to this, look up NAMBLA

Not North American Marlon Brando Look-Alikes, the other NAMBLA

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

This thread is a great example of children thinking they know everything. You claim you've done "research" but almost every question posed to you has been met with "why?". you have a gross misunderstanding of how the world works if you think you can move there at 14 by yourself and obtain permanent residency let alone the costs of doing so. You also need to know their culture and language well before you get approved for PR (like all countries.

To qualify for permanent residency as a single person, you need to have lived in Japan for ten years or more, with five or more of those years on a work visa or other resident visa (working holiday or student visas don’t count).

Also lol "age of consent" does not mean you're an adult..again, research

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

You need a passport to travel, and probably a Visa. You wont be able to even get on the plane, let alone land in Japan and get past customs in Japan.

No not really your not even 18 wait until then and become a english teacher first lol, anyway but if you go there for a vist with someone like a friend(18+) sure. If you do

my experiences in japan(went with a friend)is fine as long as you have common sense i should say. Only thing i recommend is make sure you have a jr rail pass if you intend to go interstate. Even if not jr pass is usesful note trains kinda stop at 11-12am last time remember, bullet trains stops earlier i think. The only time we where lost is when we arrivee. Also i also recommend renting a personal mobile hotspot or what ever you call it. Just plan ahead you should be fine. 

lives on

BAKABT

On 6/14/2018 at 12:43 AM, a7mddiaa said:

are you sure ? since the consent age in japan is 12 so am considered an adult

You are not. In Japan age of 20 is considered adult. Also, being 16 you simply can not be "highly skilled worker" which can get permanent residence i 3-5 years. For "normal" people it takes 10 years.

Also Japan IS NOT anime and manga. It is completely different world than portrayed in anime and manga.

Sincerely,

foreigner living in Japan

sorry guys i thought consent age meant legal age 

and the replies are so encouraging woow

Doesn't getting Japanese citizenship take like 30 years when you're a gaijin. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

9 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Doesn't getting Japanese citizenship take like 30 years when you're a gaijin. 

You can get it in as short of a time as 10 years if I understand things correctly.

On 6/13/2018 at 5:48 PM, DildorTheDecent said:

Traveling to Japan and nailing 12 year olds doesn't sound like a good idea.

I'll send you a postcard when you're in prison lol.

Sounds awesome to me

It's ajoke chill tf out

On 6/13/2018 at 9:47 PM, Canada EH said:

You need a passport to travel, and probably a Visa. You wont be able to even get on the plane, let alone land in Japan and get past customs in Japan.

Just hire a smuggler to smuggle you into Japan. Careful to stay away from human traffickers though

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Why japan? Do you speak japanese? If not then you can't expect to live yourself there, even less find a job.

i dont know what 14 year old wants to go live by themself at 14 years old. living on your own is an entirely different thing on its own.

age of consent is not legal age. those are two different things.

you would need to know at least enough Japanese to actually strike up a conversation, not none of that "konichiwa, arigato" type shit, like actual conversation.

legally, i dont even think you would be able to even work. 

just because you know programming doesnt mean you can get a job in it. you gotta have years of experience before you could be even hired at a little company that isnt that big.

i could go on, but other people know more about this shit than me.

and why japan of all places? i enjoy anime but im not gonna go and live in japan just for anime. i would wanna experience the actual culture aswell. 

and speaking of that, what about the way you're act there? you cant be acting like logan paul, screaming and shit and being disrespectful. 

haha