Possibility of a dead CPU?(Its g guys i've got it sorted )

Ciano

Hey guys

im helping a friend swap to the ryzen platform his first pc but there was a bit of a hiccup. Sadly its not posting 

hardware swapped as follows :

• Asrock B350 ITX
  • Ryzen 5 2600 

sadly this motherboard doesn't have a postcode readout so I popped in a motherboard speaker

after a bit of fiddling around, I have determined that the ram is working and that all the cables are plugged in but I'm getting no buzzer sound, as of Asrocks website (https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=286) the no beep points towards a bad CPU but I have no code to confirm this 

My question is before I RMA the CPU is my abduction correct? or does the bios need to be updated to recognize this CPU ?? or anything else along these lines 

Sorry that I have to ask, I'm not that much into the new AMD line... But is that cpu one of the second (now new) gen of Ryzen CPU?

If yes the motherboard may need a bios update to run it. 

The same with Z170 on Intel side... can run 7xxx CPUs, but needs a new bios for that, else only 6xxx ones.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

yeah its second-gen ryzen ill try an update the bios as see how I get on thanks is there a way on asrock bords  to update the bios without a CPU like the asus ones ?? 

3 hours ago, Ciano said:

yeah its second-gen ryzen ill try an update the bios as see how I get on thanks is there a way on asrock bords  to update the bios without a CPU like the asus ones ?? 

I don't think so.
That feature was built by Asus for Asus. So unless if Asrock have their own then no, you can't.

You can take it into a repair shop and let them know and they can flash it for you, or you can speak to AMD and they can send you a CPU to allow you to flash. Then you send the CPU back. However AMD's way can take up-to 2 weeks to arrive.

It's not a race to the bottom.

3 hours ago, 0x1e said:

I don't think so.
That feature was built by Asus for Asus. So unless if Asrock have their own then no, you can't.

You can take it into a repair shop and let them know and they can flash it for you, or you can speak to AMD and they can send you a CPU to allow you to flash. Then you send the CPU back. However AMD's way can take up-to 2 weeks to arrive.

Ah thanks, I would never known AMD did something like that thanks, ill probably do one of the two and yeah it would have been lovely if it wasn't an Asus only feature