8 core version of 8700k is coming this Fall!

Rakanoth
On 13.6.2018 at 10:17 AM, Rakanoth said:

Sorry AMD :P

Oh yea, they are PISSED about that forced follow-up from intel dayyyuuum!

On a more serious note: It's funny how Intel in struggling to keep up nowadays, just like AMD 5 Years ago. "Oh shit, our stuff is worse? Just slap some more cores on!"

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

On 7/11/2018 at 5:09 PM, Dabombinable said:

Ryzen 2700 don't have a gigantic iGPU. And monolithic means that all CPU cores are in the same die.

And just look at the iGPU-less HEDT CPU from Intel, what you want Intel to offer already exists. Also, simply replacing the iGPU with more cores still doesn't change the fact that the bigger the die, the higher the chance of defects, and the more that is wasted from a silicon wafer.

1. I never said Ryzen 2700 has an iGPU.

2. Thats what i meant by monolithic, all cores are in the same die connected and sharing L3/L2 cache, and memory controllers, PCIE lanes etc.

3. HEDT from intel is an expensive scam, both the cpu's and the boards, no one should buy that for desktop mainstream, i9 and 2066 is a joke.

4. I wont buy it, the fact that iGPU silicon is less defective than cpu cores silicon, id bet anything on the fact that simply replacing iGPU silicon with more cpu cores on the same die has the same yields, and since intel's iGPU and cpu cores arent on separate dies they cannot bin them if the iGPU is defective, for example all coffee lake cpu's have hd 630 graphics with same ammount of graphics cores, but what happens if those graphic cores are defective? they throw away all silicon with cpu cores aswell? i doubt they have 100% yields on the iGPU. On the other side if an i5/i7 coffee lake had 8 cores and no iGPU, if 1-2 cores are broken they can simply disable or cut them off and sell as lower cores cpu, removing the iGPU would be a total win and they could probably reduce the price a bit aswell due to better binning yields. At this present moment everyone is paying the price for an i5/i7   8core version with only 6 cores from coffee lake series, with an useless iGPU, im surprised how people dont get this fact, intel has been getting away with it for soo long lol, hopefully AMD's zen cpu's with 8 cores and no garbage iGPu at a real price will eventually make intel get rid of gpu.

On 6/13/2018 at 3:21 AM, Dabombinable said:

But it will have a monolithic die and thus be quite expensive for a CPU designed to fit a mainstream socket.

Wretch! Your caustic comment has no place here! Based on Intel's marketing history I have inexorable credence that this new 8 core CPU will be fully attainable by all consumer categories! Know this knave... This new 8 core CPU will directly compet- NO EXTIRPATE THEIR COMPETITORS PRICES! Intel has never forsaken their consumer base's need  for affordable high end CPUs nor taken advantage of them in their time of need! Indeed in a dream Intel did appear to me and said... "look upon me, ye~ for i am intel" and I said unto intel "Lord i am unworthy of your presence, I only wish to know the price of the new 8 core CPU" and ye~ intel did say unto me "i need about tree fiddy" and i said unto intel "shit o.o".

Bolivia.

9 hours ago, yian88 said:

1. I never said Ryzen 2700 has an iGPU.

2. Thats what i meant by monolithic, all cores are in the same die connected and sharing L3/L2 cache, and memory controllers, PCIE lanes etc.

3. HEDT from intel is an expensive scam, both the cpu's and the boards, no one should buy that for desktop mainstream, i9 and 2066 is a joke.

4. I wont buy it, the fact that iGPU silicon is less defective than cpu cores silicon, id bet anything on the fact that simply replacing iGPU silicon with more cpu cores on the same die has the same yields, and since intel's iGPU and cpu cores arent on separate dies they cannot bin them if the iGPU is defective, for example all coffee lake cpu's have hd 630 graphics with same ammount of graphics cores, but what happens if those graphic cores are defective? they throw away all silicon with cpu cores aswell? i doubt they have 100% yields on the iGPU. On the other side if an i5/i7 coffee lake had 8 cores and no iGPU, if 1-2 cores are broken they can simply disable or cut them off and sell as lower cores cpu, removing the iGPU would be a total win and they could probably reduce the price a bit aswell due to better binning yields. At this present moment everyone is paying the price for an i5/i7   8core version with only 6 cores from coffee lake series, with an useless iGPU, im surprised how people dont get this fact, intel has been getting away with it for soo long lol, hopefully AMD's zen cpu's with 8 cores and no garbage iGPu at a real price will eventually make intel get rid of gpu.

1.I was stating one of the reasons for Ryzen being cheaper

2. All cores in a Ryzen CPU are split across multiple die. The CPU is not monolithic.

3. Its still what you were saying Intel should make - and its not a scam when the CPU alone do cost a lot to make in any serious quantities.

4. Still doesn't change the facts, and what is.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

On 6/13/2018 at 3:37 PM, Dabombinable said:

That's only because the Ryzen die is of a lower density, which means less chance of manufacturing defects and a lower manufacturing cost. Remember that Intel is trying to cram as many transistors into their designs as the manufacturing node of theirs will allow.

I know the thread is on the older side , but i have to point out that zen is considerably higher density than intel's architecture.

While intel doesn't disclose Tcount anymore , the 8700k is estimated to have somewhere around 2B-ish in their 152mm² die . Ryzen , by contrast ,has nearly 5B in 213mm² .

If you do the math , that's a transistor density 70-80% higher on ryzen . They managed this by using high density libraries like the ones used for GPUs. They did something similar with excavator too . This reduces power and area , but negatively affects maximum clock speeds.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

On 6/13/2018 at 5:06 AM, Some Random Member said:

Just looked at amazon.com and damn the 1920x is so expensive in usa. 800$?

In amazon.de you can get it for under 599€.

Thats more than 800 usd. Also the 1950x is cheaper rn

2 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Thats more than 800 usd. Also the 1950x is cheaper rn

hmmmm

euro.JPG.744e935fb43eca38ec4503d470f6692b.JPG

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

25 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Oh i thiught that the euro was like 1.3, must be brexit lol

Honestly for hardware the conversion is more 1 to 1 for usd to euros or pounds. 

2 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

I know the thread is on the older side , but i have to point out that zen is considerably higher density than intel's architecture.

While intel doesn't disclose Tcount anymore , the 8700k is estimated to have somewhere around 2B-ish in their 152mm² die . Ryzen , by contrast ,has nearly 5B in 213mm² .

If you do the math , that's a transistor density 70-80% higher on ryzen . They managed this by using high density libraries like the ones used for GPUs. They did something similar with excavator too . This reduces power and area , but negatively affects maximum clock speeds.

I'm referring to the node. There is a reason why GloFlo and TSMC need a far smaller node to match intel's current one-the nodes aren't as dense.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

7 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

You can't just divide the number of transistors by the die size, cache and performance targets can cause that figure to vary hugely making it almost a meaninglessness comparison.

The reason Intel are having trouble is because they have been very successful in more than doubling their densities leading into 10nm that they effectively tripped themselves up.  Think of them like a sprinter that got so fast he didn't see the corner.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

8 hours ago, Coaxialgamer said:

There was a publication that compared them, forget which, and they isolated it to only the CPU cores of the die which AMD was slightly denser. Outside of the CCX it's more than likely Intel is significantly more dense. Then you've got other factors like reduced AVX units which means less transistors.

When it comes to high performance CPU fabrication Intel is considered the worlds best.