8 core version of 8700k is coming this Fall!

Rakanoth

I could not be happier :D

Sorry AMD :P

So you just picked up that six-core Core i7 8086K? Well, Intel will release their 8-core mainstream part in the Fall, the processor will be based on Coffee Lake, meaning a new SKU with two more cores. The LGA 2066 platform will also get an update towards a 22-core processor.

The news reaches us through the otherwise well-informed PC Watch, The Coffee Lake Refresh with the 8-core part would be available in the market by September. The processor is released by Intel to close the gap towards the competitor's Ryzen refresh.

There is other news, the Basin Falls platform will also receive a refresh. Intel's LGA-2066 platform for Skylake-X and Xeon W would see another SKU with four more cores, moving from 18 cores towards processor with up to 22 cores. Cascade Lake would be been postponed towards 2019.

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/intel_8_core_coffee_lake_to_be_released_in_this_fall.html

For the original source news in Japanese:
https://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/ubiq/1126720.html

But it will have a monolithic die and thus be quite expensive for a CPU designed to fit a mainstream socket.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Seems like pulling an AMD-FX to get market share. It will come down to the cost.

Now THIS is a panic move if I ever saw one. AMD seem's to have caught Intel off guard again :) Good. We need more competition and choices for our products. Nothing but good can come with this. 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Thanks Sherlock - Z390 PCH is coming out for a reason.

Not an actual reason, but just so Intel can suck more money out of you.

Remember, 300-series PCH is required for 8th gen CPUs, goyim! They totally don't work on 100/200-series PCH.

idk

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

But it will have a monolithic die and thus be quite expensive for a CPU designed to fit a mainstream socket.

Yep. Seeing how the 8086K is already 400+ with 6 cores, I'd expect the 8800K or whatever to cost $500+.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4ecee0f5178201ab81cea2fcec9a7801a48f2e41

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

LOL.

Now it's at the point where I would rather buy AMD who are executing their roadmap plan properly and gives me an upgrade path.

Rather than buying Intel who are chopping and changing their roadmap everyday in a reactive manner trying to piece together competitive products.

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Would be funny if AMD decided to move down the pricetier for threadripper 2. You know...... 500$ for a 12 core part. 

Just looked at amazon.com and damn the 1920x is so expensive in usa. 800$?

In amazon.de you can get it for under 599€.

45 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Thanks Sherlock - Z390 PCH is coming out for a reason.

Not an actual reason, but just so Intel can suck more money out of you.

Remember, 300-series PCH is required for 8th gen CPUs, goyim! They totally don't work on 100/200-series PCH.

"but the socket can't take the extra power needed for the extra cores huuur duuuur" 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Just looked at amazon.com and damn the 1920x is so expensive in usa. 800$?

In amazon.de you can get it for under 599€.

I just looked aswell. was kinda surprised, but AMD doesnt really have a response to this other than a low priced threadripper. 

17 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Why? CPUs are fairly cheap these days. Especially on the AMD side.

Because we've gotten used to there being no buyer's remorse in the CPU market. Now "the best" is constantly being replaced, and no matter what you buy you're going to feel shitty for it in a few months. xD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Because we've gotten used to there being no buyer's remorse in the CPU market. Now "the best" is constantly being replaced, and no matter what you buy you're going to feel shitty for it in a few months. xD

At first I was feeling a bit shitty for getting the 1700X instead of the 1800X but they're both really awesome :D.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, Droidbot said:

Well they don't. The best people have been able to manage is a semi-stable i3 last time I checked. They simply didn't provide enough power for a six core, or even an unlocked i3.

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

If it's still based on Coffee Lake, does that mean that all the branching- and prediction-vulnerabilities are still there? If yes, then I see no reason to get excited.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I hope this trend continues and in 2-3 years the 8700K is considered like we consider the FX-8350 now, but I doubt it. I just hope GPUs don't follow the same shitty stagnating trend as CPUs did between Sandy Bridge and Kaby Lake.

Either way, a eight-core 8700K is pretty fucking great, such a thing makes one wonder why the mesh bullshit was ever necessary.

6 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

I hope this trend continues and in 2-3 years the 8700K is considered like we consider the FX-8350 now, but I doubt it.

Well nobody but hard core fanboys ever considered the FX series to be very good, so that's kind of impossible. xD

I'm concerned about the heat output. Coffee Lake isn't that much better than Kaby Lake in that regard, and I feel like an 8 core one will be a space heater.

12 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Well they don't. The best people have been able to manage is a semi-stable i3 last time I checked. They simply didn't provide enough power for a six core, or even an unlocked i3.

Incorrect. That was modding the Z170 BIOS, now we modify BIOS using leaked Intel FIT versions to Z370 and flash using SPI and it works on most boards.

For hexa you patch some pins and it just works.  

^premamod laptop bios 

^8400 on B150 with DDR3

^Z170 Gaming Pro Carbon mod creation

idk

Can't wait for LGA1152! *-*

#notgonnagobacktointelanytimesoon

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

11 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

I hope this trend continues and in 2-3 years the 8700K is considered like we consider the FX-8350 now, but I doubt it. I just hope GPUs don't follow the same shitty stagnating trend as CPUs did between Sandy Bridge and Kaby Lake.

Either way, a eight-core 8700K is pretty fucking great, such a thing makes one wonder why the mesh bullshit was ever necessary.

It's not that GPUs aren't increasing at a fairly brisk pace, it's that Gaming doesn't take advantage of it. Yet. That's the reason for all of the discussion of new APIs.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Well nobody but hard core fanboys ever considered the FX series to be very good, so that's kind of impossible. xD

I'm concerned about the heat output. Coffee Lake isn't that much better than Kaby Lake in that regard, and I feel like an 8 core one will be a space heater.

It's going to be 33% higher than the 8700k clock for clock. We can expect it to have a slightly higher single-core turbo, but generally the same Turbo Table as the 8700k. This is really a 4.1 Ghz part, which means it'll clock in most contexts around the same spot as AMD parts.

Given it'll be an expanded Ring Bus, unless Intel is rolling out more tweaks, expect this to be no different than the 8700k in gaming. And possibly worse in some instances, given the bigger ring will introduce some more latency compared to the 6c model.

55 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Would be funny if AMD decided to move down the pricetier for threadripper 2. You know...... 500$ for a 12 core part. 

Actually you can already buy a 1920X for just 550€ here on Germany :P

A 8700K for comparison is 340€.

Cheapest TR4 board is almost 300€ though. 

Also, 1950X dropped to 750€ which is pretty fucking tempting rn. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List