Embedded videos in spoilers

Jtalk4456

When posting a video, if I put it in a spoiler, it shows as an empty spoiler box

I'm posting a link in and out of a spoiler box below

Spoiler

image.png.ef05ffc9adfcacaa4d3d267d88bcf8de.png

But if I click in the spoiler box while editing, I can put the link in again and it shows up, like below

Spoiler

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Spoilers are a bit weird on this forum I think. I can't even edit my previous post because the spoiler is in the way and I can't click anywhere else. Also, I can't seem to title the spoiler either. To spoiler something though, it would be something like this

[spoiler]insert stuff here[/spoiler]

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Do not use the spoiler tag before what you want to put into the spoiler. First post what you want, highlight it, and then click on the spoiler tag in the tool bar.

Spoiler

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

8 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Do not use the spoiler tag before what you want to put into the spoiler. First post what you want, highlight it, and then click on the spoiler tag in the tool bar.

Hide contents

that's exactly how i did it when it didn't work, so yeah...

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Gonna test this...

EDIT: Works fine for me, just use the tags rather than the insert spoiler option. Like this:

[spoiler]

URL/Stuff

[/spoiler]

maybe it's my computer somehow

7 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

maybe it's my computer somehow

Works for me with both themes. Browser?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Works for me with both themes. Browser?

chrome i7

I can't reproduce this, even in Chrome. Can you walk me through the exact steps that you're taking, since there are a few different ways to add a spoiler?

HTTP/2 203

Spoiler

ok so i used ctrl v to paste the link, it automatically turned to a video like normal and then i clicked and dragged over the video to highlight

(I noticed it did not appear to shade in any way like when highlighting words, not sure if that's relevant)

when i click the spoiler button it appears as above

2 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:
  Hide contents

ok so i used ctrl v to paste the link, it automatically turned to a video like normal and then i clicked and dragged over the video to highlight

(I noticed it did not appear to shade in any way like when highlighting words, not sure if that's relevant)

when i click the spoiler button it appears as above

That will be the problem. To select the video, you have to drag all the way from top to bottom. This isn't something that we can control, because editor selection is handled by your browser.

The best way to add videos in spoilers is to add the spoiler first, but if you want to add it afterwards then either select the video properly, or just drag it in afterwards.

HTTP/2 203

To Clarify the highlighting, i put it in the editor like normal and made a few enters above and below for space to highlight, I then used shift arrow keys to highlight instead of the mouse. the video did not highlight

image.png.25bd428eb355834dab99bd4adc42375f.png

So next i tried putting text above and below to shift highlight with and it did highlight and works in the spoiler when i do that

image.png.60b5767bfa5525ffdaac21108939069c.png

image.png.a692eb8ec4e375e077e0b400339c7de0.png

Spoiler

So yeah, very interesting

Also might not be related but this just happened

image.png.573cb571464bcd307f99012457132165.png