Cm 212 evo vs corsair h80i v2

I am considering changing out my current cm 212 evo for a corsair h80i v2 and I'm wondering how much in temps I can expect to drop or if there is another AIO for about $100 I should go with instead? 

I have a i5 6600k overclocked to 4.6ghz 1.35v

Asus z170 pro gaming 

The cpu fan set to hit full rpm at 55°c 

Hope this is better info now 

Edited by Jcb93

people won't be able to help you if you do not give more details like that is your current configuration, maybe you are choking your fans or what cpu you are using now

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

I don't think you'll find anyone here (at least not a regular) who recommends a 120mm radiator.  For the cost of an H80i v2 you could get a badass air cooler like the Cryorig R1 Universal.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

28 minutes ago, Jcb93 said:

I am considering changing out my current cm 212 evo for a corsair h80i v2 and I'm wondering how much in temps I can expect to drop or if there is another AIO for about $100 I should go with instead? 

I have a i5 6600k overclocked to 4.6ghz 1.35v

Asus z170 pro gaming 

The cpu fan set to hit full rpm at 55°c 

Hope this is better info now 

Is there a need to change coolers? The Core i5 chips tend to overclock pretty well on air, what are your temperatures at idle and load?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

@Crunchy Dragon idle is about 30-40°c I think I wasn't looking to much at idle that mite have been while playing fo4, max temp I got in a stability test after 8hours was 75°c but I was hoping to overclock a little higher to 4.7ghz so I would have higher temps then.

@CUDAcores89 and @JoostinOnlineunfortunately I can't fit a bigger cooler in my case the evo is already a tight fit to the ram which is another reason i was looking to change to a AIO but i cant fit a double fan size either 

So should I just not try and squeeze a little higher overclock and leave it as is or could I get better temps with the h80i v2 

2 hours ago, Jcb93 said:

@CUDAcores89 and @JoostinOnlineunfortunately I can't fit a bigger cooler in my case the evo is already a tight fit to the ram which is another reason i was looking to change to a AIO but i cant fit a double fan size either 

So should I just not try and squeeze a little higher overclock and leave it as is or could I get better temps with the h80i v2 

Most cooler size limitations are due to height and the 212 Evo is already 158mm tall. What case do you have? The NH-D14 and NH-D15 are 160mm tall whereas the R1 Universal is 169mm.

The H80i v2 is about as good if not better than most of the mentioned coolers. It'll lower temps but I don't think it's a good value to spend $100 for a 100mhz oc. That being said, it's your money and you could be doing it for the heck of it. You should try and see how much more voltage it might take for 4.7ghz first though. It might be doable with your current cooler.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, Jcb93 said:

That's why I recommended the Universal instead of Ultimate.  It's designed for RAM clearance.  But like WoodenMarker asked, what case do you have?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440