Two iPhone X Models Confirmed

iPhone Exclusive: Apple's Radical Design 'Confirmed'

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/06/10/apple-iphone-x-plus-design-triple-camera-new-iphone-x-price-specs-cost/#42d753717b06

New iPhone X

The headline news is the schematics show iPhone X Plus will introduce triple rear camera. Huawei beat Apple to market with this technology in the excellent P20 Pro, the iPhone X Plus will be the handset to bring it to the masses.

In addition to this, the schematics show Apple has managed to cram a massive 6.5-inch display into the iPhone X Plus yet kept its footprint smaller than the 5.5-inch iPhone 8 Plus: 157.2 x 77.1 mm (6.18 x 3.03-inches) compared to 158.4 x 78.1 mm (6.24 x 3.07-inches). That said, its steel chassis means it should weigh more than the 202g aluminium iPhone 8 Plus.

New iPhone (iPhone XC)

The budget iPhone X (which I believe will simply be called ‘iPhone’), will measure 147.12 x 71.52 mm (5.79 x 2.81-inches) which is longer and wider than the current 5.8-inch iPhone: 143.6 x 70.9 mm (5.65 x 2.79-inch).

Yes, as widely rumoured, this will be a 6.1-inch phone.

Its budget roots can be seen in the single rear camera (it will also lose 3D Touch), while you’ll note the notch looks more pronounced.

To this end, I have been told the budget iPhone X will have first generation Face ID technology while the new iPhone X and iPhone X Plus have gen two. But take that with a pinch of salt as it comes from an unproven source.

I'm not really too fussed about the loss of 3D Touch. This might be my new phone for sure. I don't really care about FaceID that much, although still impressed with the X. I do wonder what the upsides to buying an iPhone compared to an old iPhone X. We could probably expect to see a CPU bump between the iPhone and iPhone X. Either way this confirms the news we had earlier this year of four new iPhone models being released. Although this means no iPhone SE refresh. Keen as a bean about this. 

I hope Apple makes an iPhone that still has 3D Touch and Touch ID like an iPhone 8s but with the upcoming A12 chip. I don't mind the chin bar and the bezels. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I barely use 3D touch on my iPhone 7. It's usually more of a nuisance than anything when you just want to hold something for copying or opening in another tab.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

8 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

More useless crap from Apple. Just buy an iPhone 7 and call it a day.

Or you know, don't buy an iPhone.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Still don't know who's buying these phones...128GB bit older android phones are under $300 and are likely good enough for most people.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

21 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Still don't know who's buying these phones...128GB bit older android phones are under $300 and are likely good enough for most people.

Well I always buy Apple because it's never let me down and iCloud is a really great feature for me. It's a brand thats earnt its reputation for me. The build quality and design are great, I have a lot of storage and performance - never any issues. No other brand has really coaxed me into buying them for any reason so I'm sticking with Apple, will continue to do so until theres a decent rival product.

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

The build quality

Eh. Have you seen any of the rossman videos on that? I can't bring myself to buy a phone with an notch and no headphone jack, especially one with no hardware interrupt buttons

I also need general OTG support for USB devices.

5b1f944b0d2dc_Phoneboy2.jpg.06d17ec71b17dfcda207a7908c592f50.jpg

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Eh. Have you seen any of the rossman videos on that? I can't bring myself to buy a phone with an notch and no headphone jack

I also need general OTG support for USB devices.

I just use the Apple headphones and thats all I need really. I treat my phone with care so it doesn't bend at all, not to mention not a 6+. The notch isn't really noticeable and I don't have a need for any USB devices. I just use my phone as a phone (Looks cool as a gameboy though ;) ). 

Like you do you though, its your choice to get an iPhone or an Android, but for what I do an iPhone is just better. 

30 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

My friend has an Iphone X, complete Apple fanboy. Says they can't get viruses and that the components don't wear down ever. 

That's who buys them, Apple fanboys with no tech knowledge and too much (of their parents) money.

15 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I just use the Apple headphones and thats all I need really. I treat my phone with care so it doesn't bend at all, not to mention not a 6+. The notch isn't really noticeable and I don't have a need for any USB devices. I just use my phone as a phone (Looks cool as a gameboy though ;) ). 

Like you do you though, its your choice to get an iPhone or an Android, but for what I do an iPhone is just better. 

But does it really make it worth $1000 or w/e over some $300 android phone that's probably fine?

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

But does it really make it worth $1000 or w/e over some $300 android phone that's probably fine?

There's just always going to be that stigma with cheap androids that they are going to break on me or freeze up. I need my phone to work 24/7. Can't beat the build quality of the iPhone. Find my iPhone is also a great feature that keeps peace of mind for me. Like to me $1000 is an ok price to pay for a really rugged phone with great storage, nice app store, a great look and can't be stolen. I want my phone to last as long as I needed it to and iPhones do that, usually for 3 years before I upgrade. 

Other people may not find it so and want to get the Android and pay less or just as much, but my choice is to stick with Apple. Not to mention I own an Apple Watch and MacBook Pro -  having my calls and texts go through automatically to the device i'm using is really convenient. 

23 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Wow, mobile cameras are improving at a breakneck pace. At this rate we'll have 8 cameras on a phone by 2025, 14 by 2030, and 32 by 2040!

LEAKED PICTURE OF IPHONE 12!!!!!!!

Image result for L16 camera

yes that is sadly a real product. The L16 by light.

21 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

There's just always going to be that stigma with cheap androids that they are going to break on me or freeze up. I need my phone to work 24/7. Can't beat the build quality of the iPhone. Find my iPhone is also a great feature that keeps peace of mind for me. Like to me $1000 is an ok price to pay for a really rugged phone with great storage, nice app store, a great look and can't be stolen. I want my phone to last as long as I needed it to and iPhones do that, usually for 3 years before I upgrade. 

Build quality, lol. Rugged, 2xlol. I mean, all the things you listed are not wrong, to an extenct, but only if you choose to see apple as Hephaestuses envoy on earth. Coz, otherwise, they are mediocre on everything listed there.

Im by no way telling you what to do with your money and what to like, im just continiously impressed how apple turns mediocre shit into an icon to worsheep

I personally really like Force Touch. I could live without it but it does feel nice to use and is fairly intuitive

That's an F in the profile pic

58 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Other people may not find it so and want to get the Android and pay less or just as much, but my choice is to stick with Apple. Not to mention I own an Apple Watch and MacBook Pro -  having my calls and texts go through automatically to the device i'm using is really convenient. 

You’re going to get a lot of hate here mate. But don’t worry, people who’ve used iPhones know what you’re talking about and agree with you.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

If you think your iPhone can't be stolen, I suggest you take it for a walk around Croydon. That may change your mind.

4 minutes ago, Morgan Everett said:

If you think your iPhone can't be stolen, I suggest you take it for a walk around Croydon. That may change your mind.

It’s more about there not being an incentive to steal an iPhone due to the tracking and lockable nature of Find My iPhone.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Brace yourself for the comments mate...

Let the flame wars begin... :-D

14 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

It’s more about there not being an incentive to steal an iPhone due to the tracking and lockable nature of Find My iPhone.

Android devices have comparable features. I'm going to suggest that despite these features there's still plenty of incentive, and one's phone remains very much stealable.

4 hours ago, Pandalf said:

Or you know, don't buy an iPhone.

Everyone! Listen! Don’t buy an iPhone because Pandalf said so.

4 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Why Android? I’d get an refurb iPhone 7 with 128GB of storage. It’s an awesome phone. Nobody can deny that. 

5 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

I barely use 3D touch on my iPhone 7. It's usually more of a nuisance than anything when you just want to hold something for copying or opening in another tab.

Umm, you're not supposed to press down hard on it if all you want to do is hold and drag stuff

3 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Honestly, no phone is worth over $1000. But it's also not really fair comparing iPhones and cheapo androids. Sure, these days $300 phones can perform like flagships of yesteryear but they don't have great camera, IPXX rating, good build quality and most importantly longevity where iPhones can easily last for about 4 years while android flagships do for 2 years and, forget budget ones

14 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Everyone! Listen! Don’t buy an iPhone because Pandalf said so.

Why Android? I’d get an refurb iPhone 7 with 128GB of storage. It’s an awesome phone. Nobody can deny that. 

Buy an iPhone because kokakolia says so. "it's an awesome phone. nobody can deny that."

Why buy a refurb phone when you can get a new Android phone for less?

Build quality,rugged? LMAO if you say so. Even after bendgate, touch failures and your phone being slowed down on purpose because still recommend overpriced iphones.

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:
Spoiler

original.jpg

"Why doesn't my camera work right"? Apple: you're holding it wrong.