Sony E3 Conference news & releases

ItsMitch

S: The Verge 

Morning, I'll be including all the major releases from the Sony E3 Press Conference, I didn't watch it but apparently it was fairly good, not as F bomby as DR or Bethesda's. Wtf am I on about? LET'S GET INTO SOME GAMES ANNOUNCED! 

Death Stranding - Trailer

It’s hard to believe, but the latest trailer for Hideo Kojima’s mysterious Death Stranding shows the actual game for the first time. But don’t worry: it’s still plenty weird, and there’s no shortage of babies.

The Last of Us Part II - Gameplay Reveal Trailer

We’ve known that a sequel to The Last of Us has been in the works for some time, but at E3 Sony finally showed how the game will actually play. After a tender opening starring Ellie, the trailer then made a dramatic shift to the brutal action you can expect from the game. It’s a meaty video, too: you can check out nearly 12 minutes of the game in the clip below.

Ghost of Tsushima - Gameplay Debut

We also got a nice long look at Ghost of Tsushima tonight, the next action game from Sucker Punch, a studio best known for the superhero adventure Infamous. It looks absolutely gorgeous, and has what appears to be a satisfying blend between combat and stealth. No word on a release date, though.

Spider Man - Showcase Demo

Insomniac’s new Spider-Man comes out in September, which isn’t too far from now. And if you can't wait, there’s a great, lengthy look at the most exciting part of the game: web-swinging. There’s definite Arkham vibes, but with a much lighter tone.

Kingdom Hearts 3 - Trailer

For the third time this E3, Square Enix showed off a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts III, and for the third time we got a glimpse at a new Disney world in the game. First it was Frozen, then Ratatouille, and tonight it was Pirates of the Caribbean.

Control - Gameplay Reveal

One of just a handful of announcements at Sony’s event was Control, a new game from Remedy, the studio behind games like Quantum Break and Alan Wake. It has some trippy time-control combat, and looks wonderfully weird.

Déraciné - Announcement

From Software has been busy at E3 this year. In addition to announcing the action game Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, the studio also showed off its first foray into virtual reality, with the PSVR title Déraciné.

Resident Evil 2 - Showcase

Three years ago Capcom said it was remaking Resident Evil 2, but we haven’t seen much of it since then. Today we not only got a trailer, but a release date: the game will be out in January. It’s coming to the Xbox One and PC in addition to the PS4.

Have fun! One more thread to go, Nintendo! @Ryujin2003 have fun my good sir. 

Sony's conference was boring, they showed nothing coming this year at all, hardly anything we didn't already know was coming and most of what they did show wasn't exactly amazing.

LOU2 looked good, if you liked the first then you'll like this.

Ghosts of Tsushima looked incredibly mediocre tbh. Visually is was terrible, everything was over saturated, they had so many post processing filters running it made everything look muddy and blurry and the textures had that weird property of being shiney even when there's no light reflection. Even the gameplay looked far from impressive. Shame cause this was the game I was most looking forward too.

Kingdom hearts looks great, just as it did it Microsoft's presentation.

I'm glad RE2 Remaster finally has a release date, we've known about it for almost 18 months.

Death Stranding, OK I might be the minority but I still have no fucking idea what is going on in that game. It looked like another open world survival game but this time with Amazon Prime delivery missions.

Control was cool actually, game looked like fun. Probably the game of the show for me.

Spiderman looked like the dev team had a meeting, decided the Arkham series was the best superhero video game ever made and decided to just remake that but with Spiderman instead of Batman.

Overall more misses than hits and disappointing from the market leaders.

Can I also say that thanks to Rockstar February 2019 is going to be insane, apart from the usual 3 November releases (COD, BF & AC) no one wants to touch Q3 2018 as a release window, RDR2 is going to destroy holiday 2018 sales figures and EVERYONE knows it too.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Sony's conf was so sad looking, Microsoft was way better in my opinion.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Sony's conference was boring, they showed nothing coming this year at all, hardly anything we didn't already know was coming and most of what they did show wasn't exactly amazing.

Spider-Man and Destiny 2: Forsaken both arrive in September.  There may be other games I'm forgetting that arrive this year, too.

I'm very curious about why there was a lesbian style kiss on the Last Of Us 2 gameplay trailer. I feel that it wasn't entirely convincing that Ellie is gay (But considering how many guys try to kill her, I guess today could be psychologically understandable).

I was hoping for a little light into the WHY of the story. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of zombies in the trailer. Are they gone? Or are they still part of it? Why is Ellie going through this? I guess I'll have to wait for the actual game to come out

Death Stranding still looking mysterious. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

9 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I'm very curious about why there was a lesbian style kiss on the Last Of Us 2 gameplay trailer. I feel that it wasn't entirely convincing that Ellie is gay (But considering how many guys try to kill her, I guess today could be psychologically understandable).

I was hoping for a little light into the WHY of the story. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of zombies in the trailer. Are they gone? Or are they still part of it? Why is Ellie going through this? I guess I'll have to wait for the actual game to come out

They established Ellie's sexual orientation in the Left Behind DLC, so this is really just a continuation of that theme.  It's surprising mainly because Naughty Dog and Sony included it in a gameplay trailer that millions of people were going to see.  And I like that.  It's both companies effectively saying "LGBT people are here to stay, and they're wonderful human beings.  Get used to it."

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

They established Ellie's sexual orientation in the Left Behind DLC, so this is really just a continuation of that theme.  It's surprising mainly because Naughty Dog and Sony included it in a gameplay trailer that millions of people were going to see.  And I like that.  It's both companies effectively saying "LGBT people are here to stay, and they're wonderful human beings.  Get used to it."

I never got the DLC originally, but have it now. An going to play Left Behind after I finish the main story again.

I just didn't want the lesbian thing to be a cheap shot to try and turn Ellie into a sexual idol. If there's reasons, I'm totally on board with that!! Just didn't want it to be a cheap move that would take away from the game.

Kudos to Naughty Dog for doing it right!

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

knowing that Sony is a Japanese company, that kiss is not a big issue for most countries cultures to handle besides the USA. and for a mature oriented game, having a romance element like that does not seem far fetched.

Lets be real here, what it the issue having a kissing scene in a rated M (I think) game, which is like having a kissing scene in a R rated movie and think that's a issue.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

11 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Because Ellie is a lesbian. It was established in the DLC for the first game.

I loved the Sony conference. I expected TLOU Part II to be amazing, but Ghost of Tsushima looked way better than I was expecting. I loved that Sony showed actual gameplay in this conference. Trailers that show two seconds of gameplay at a time are far less effective at getting me to want to buy a game. To me the only downside of the show is that it left me wondering if TLOU Part II and Ghost of Tsushima are going to be PS5 games since they look like they'll be 2020 releases most likely. Death Stranding will almost certainly be a PS5 game. I hate buying a console at launch but if TLOU II and Tsushima are launch titles I probably will bite the bullet and buy a PS5 at full price. If PS5 launches with the kind of crap lineup PS4 did I'd wait a couple of years most likely.

Microsoft's show was good too though. Dying Light 2 will probably be a Day 1 buy for me, Sekiro Shadows Die Twice might be too since I love the Souls series and this might be the closest we get to it again, and Gears of War 5 might be something I buy too.

Bethesda and Nintendo were fucking worthless IMO. I didn't see shit I wanted from either.

53 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I never got the DLC originally, but have it now. An going to play Left Behind after I finish the main story again.

I just didn't want the lesbian thing to be a cheap shot to try and turn Ellie into a sexual idol. If there's reasons, I'm totally on board with that!! Just didn't want it to be a cheap move that would take away from the game.

Kudos to Naughty Dog for doing it right!

I hear you -- to me that portion of the trailer felt very tender and sincere.  Of course, it was promptly followed by some of the more vicious human-vs-human violence you'll see in a game, but that's the purposefully contradictory scene they're trying to set up. :P 

49 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

knowing that Sony is a Japanese company, that kiss is not a big issue for most countries cultures to handle besides the USA. and for a mature oriented game, having a romance element like that does not seem far fetched.

Lets be real here, what it the issue having a kissing scene in a rated M (I think) game, which is like having a kissing scene in a R rated movie and think that's a issue.

To some extent you're right, although it's important to remember that Naughty Dog is very much American and that the Japanese can be conservative in public (privately, of course, is another matter).  Sony clearly had to sign off on this, so the question is really whether it was reluctant, enthusiastic or something in between.

20 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

To me the only downside of the show is that it left me wondering if TLOU Part II and Ghost of Tsushima are going to be PS5 games since they look like they'll be 2020 releases most likely.

According to the devs during this interview, they state that this is the first Last Of Us built for PS4 Pro, so that leads me to believe that this will not be a "next gen" game. @13:50, talking about environment development.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:21 PM, Ryujin2003 said:

Calling it now, it's a flashback and most of the people in that scene are dead, which is why she has become terrifying enough to gain a handle used by her enemies. As for the shroomheads, I'm guessing the fungus has mutated in some way, perhaps becoming less virulent but stronger.