What happens if I take antibiotics then eat ?

WolfLoverPro

It says online don’t eat but going to birthday party and ,,,,,, we’ll we are eating so xD 

whats the worst that that will happen ? 

8 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

it lessens the effect of the antibiotics

but why would you check online?

just read the paper work that comes with it.

Can’t be bothered to go check I am at my computer xD so I just google search it but it still don’t really say what happens if you eat after 

13 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Can’t be bothered to go check I am at my computer xD so I just google search it but it still don’t really say what happens if you eat after 

I mean, if a doctor prescribed you antibiotics, you should really read the documentation that came with it, and follow his directions.

Most likely, the antibiotics will become less effective, and/or you could have an adverse reaction. As @Keith W said, you might get the shits.

I dunno about you, but if I went to a birthday party, I'd rather avoid risking shitting my pants in front of everyone ;) Of course, that depends on how quickly you can get to a bathroom.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

All that happens with any medication that you need to take with food is that taking it without food means you might poop it out before its been fully absorbed.

Linus is my fetish.

Second result on Google when you search for "why not eat after antibiotics".

What food can you take antibiotics with? Antibiotics are usually taken with water because taking them together with fruit juices, dairy products or alcohol can affect how the body absorbs some drugs. Dairy products include milk as well as butter, yogurt, and cheese. After taking an antibiotic you may need to wait for up to three hours before eating or drinking any dairy products. Grapefruit juice and dietary supplements containing minerals like calcium may also work dampen the effect of antibiotics.

If you want an even shorter answer than that:

Don't eat after taking antibiotics because it might reduce the effectiveness of it.

1 hour ago, CK1968 said:

Don't Trust Dr Internet Ask Real doctor

5.jpg.f67f74563a3d074472f41118643a1a45.jpg

I'd say that site is just as good as looking up the information of said prescription (tho nothing beats following that, seriously), or visiting a doctor.

I've got a better question tho... Is OP an attention seeker or something? Because googling the drug that was prescribed to them would have given the same answers as here but in shorter time... (I do it for people I know all the time, because they misplaced the info sheet)

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

I'd say that site is just as good as looking up the information of said prescription (tho nothing beats following that, seriously), or visiting a doctor.

I've got a better question tho... Is OP an attention seeker or something? Because googling the drug that was prescribed to them would have given the same answers as here but in shorter time... (I do it for people I know all the time, because they misplaced the info sheet)

There's this phenomenon on the forums where people will make a thread, when the answer is extremely easy to get outside of the forums (whether it's ask your doctor, call your school, or google a prescription, etc).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

There's this phenomenon on the forums where people will make a thread, when the answer is extremely easy to get outside of the forums (whether it's ask your doctor, call your school, or google a prescription, etc).

I'm sure we've all done it at least once, but this user seem to do it all the time.

-= Locked =-

The LTT Forums is a Tech Forum not a place for medical advice.

As much as I want to help ... LTT/LMG cannot be held liable for any advice given or taken for medical conditions, pharmaceuticals or any other medically related advice.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER