Watercooling Tube Sleeving [Modding]

Heya!

I've seen posts in the past asking how this is done, yet there never were any straight-forward instructions..

I'm actually not sure why I havn't posted this here yet, but here you go!

Disclaimer: This is NOT like the Cablemod AIO Sleeve, this is quite a bit more challenging.

EbkVz6X.thumb.jpg.f3b6d1654125a871cad8c3022e0f91f2.jpg

I already summed all the steps up in an Imgur Post: https://imgur.com/a/nz8jE3F

Feel free to ask me any questions,

(@Mods: Should I copy pasta the content of the imgur post here?)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Or you can also use fuel hose which already has the braid on it.

06eeabf2-f05b-46c4-ad30-89fb6f76bf7f.jpe

If you tape the end it is a lot easier to put through fittings without it fraying.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Or you can also use fuel hose which already has the braid on it.

06eeabf2-f05b-46c4-ad30-89fb6f76bf7f.jpe

If you tape the end it is a lot easier to put through fittings without it fraying.

Havn't used fuel hoses before so im not sure how this would end up.

Certainly a good Idea.

Regarding the tape at the end, from my experience you are better off without it since it WILL slide around once you tighten the fittings. Also having no tape makes it a cleaner look overall.

I'll look into fuel hoses tho, lets see if they hold up pressure tests once they are used compression fittings.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

8 hours ago, Kukielka said:

Regarding the tape at the end, from my experience you are better off without it since it WILL slide around once you tighten the fittings. Also having no tape makes it a cleaner look overall.

You remove the tape after putting the compressing ring on...

It's just to get the sleeving through without fraying.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020