Anthem - New information about the game

crosstiger
21 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Does always connected single player count?

Cause that's what you'll most probably get

OK So no offline play but do I get to play through a progressive story driven campaign as the main protagonist, with NPC companions, dialog trees etc in Bioware style like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR etc... ?? 

1 hour ago, Humbug said:

is there a Single payer campaign?

They went pretty hard assuring people you could play it alone in the first 5 minutes of the demo then everything else they talked about or showed seemed to be tailored towards co op play, and I mean hard tailored.

It reminded me of the division, could you play alone? Sure. Should you play alone? Absolutely not.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

53 minutes ago, Humbug said:

OK So no offline play but do I get to play through a progressive story driven campaign as the main protagonist, with NPC companions, dialog trees etc in Bioware style like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR etc... ?? 

Nope, it's kind of a story driven mmorpg hybrid, again The Division is the closest thing I could compare it too.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

12 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm sorry but what? E3 doesn't start until Monday (officially at least) but EA have had a separate event for the last 3 years.

sorry i meant EA. and EA's event not being an part of E3 is utter BS semantics. 

Well looked interesting, the environment and and the suits look fun. Them making Anthem online only gave me some hopy they may make it PvP as well because it really looks it would be fun. Though they're focusing on multiplayer PvE gameplay and such. Still fun

The everchanging world idea lools cool. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

This looks really shallow to me atm with a low skill level required/point and shoot, hope there's more meat on the bones the closer we get!! Looks v console biased...

I mean Halo, Gears of Wars, Mass Effect, Destiny and now this Anthem thing.

I always though it was a silly overreaction over these space marines stereotype but maybe there's something to it.

And that something is that apparently it's a fad that gets resurrected every 3 to 5 years for some fucking reason so it's far more subtle and you don't get your fill immediately.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I have watched the Cinematic Trailer and I must say that my high expectations for this game remain. I really want them to succeed with that one (and hey, it looks like they did the face animations right ;-))

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

18 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I mean Halo, Gears of Wars, Mass Effect, Destiny and now this Anthem thing.

I always though it was a silly overreaction over these space marines stereotype but maybe there's something to it.

And that something is that apparently it's a fad that gets resurrected every 3 to 5 years for some fucking reason so it's far more subtle and you don't get your fill immediately.

Destiny and Anthem have more in common with Warframe then Mass Effect, Halo or Gears Of War. 

On 09/06/2018 at 8:35 PM, crosstiger said:
  • Colossus - The red dude (A basic tank, attacker)
  • Ranger - The yellow dude (A stealth like character)
  • Interceptor - The green dude (I would call him a support)
  • Storm - The blue dude (Not quite sure what he is, looks like a supportive damage dealer or flanker)

The Colossus is basically your Tank, so it can deal out wide AOE damage and somewhat precision damage while draeing agro and taking more than average ammounts or damage.

The Ranger is your generic all round character build but is at its best at CQC while it can be used a mid range. So your generic DPS character.

the Interceptor is gonna be the light nimble class for agile and fast movements (I assume from research) but could also be your support class. My assumption on this class is that it is ideal for forcus damage on one target while moving agile around the enviorment.

Finally the Storm is supposedly an elemental Javalin suit which uses elementals as weapons up9n this it can do rapid movement (short teleportation) so his role is mysterious atm as people can guess.

Anyway i am interested in Anthem but can someone tell me does this not feel like it a reskin of Destiny? 

Only 1 city still stands, a beig or immense power leaves without warning and beings or a evil intent come to destory everything.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

7 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

Anyway i am interested in Anthem but can someone tell me does this not feel like it a reskin of Destiny? 

Only 1 city still stands, a beig or immense power leaves without warning and beings or a evil intent come to destory everything.

Sounds a lot like Destiny. Tbo, secretly I'm hoping for the better Destiny but at the same time I would also like not to see a Destiny reskin. Only time will tell.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

8 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

More like a reskin of Warframe frankly, all those javelin can easily be seen in Warframe's starter frame:

Colossus -> Rhino

Ranger -> Excalibur

Interceptor -> Mag

Storm -> Volt

Even the function you assumed for each are actually, exactly what each of those frames do

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>