Anthem - New information about the game

crosstiger

So EA just gave us a bunch of information regarding the new Anthem. In their 2018 E3s EA Play livestream they told about how the game is going to played and what was involved in the creation of it.

Source https://www.twitch.tv/ea

So first up they talked about what is involved in creating the story and the map at bioware in general. They briefly talked about the story of Anthem and what the plot is about, what the Anthem is and what or who you are fighting. But nothing really in-depth of the game itself. What we know is that the enemy we will fight is called "The Dominion" and are about to destroy what's left of the world.

What we do know for sure is that we will have four different classes:

1. Colossus - The red dude (A basic tank, attacker)
  2. Ranger - The yellow dude (A stealth like character)
  3. Interceptor - The green dude (I would call him a support)
  4. Storm - The blue dude (Not quite sure what he is, looks like a supportive damage dealer or flanker)

classes.thumb.jpg.03e6af81bf2845c3d444f3c2b753d035.jpg

(Dude, I love the art style!)

What is really good to hear is that they will adopt the chances from Battlefield V regarding loot boxes. Yes: NO LOOTBOXES IN ANTHEM. You will be able to buy cosmetics for real world money, that's what they told, but there will be no lootboxes. Me like that.

The game will launch at 22nd February 2019 for PS4, XBOX and PC.

I'm really in the moon for this game. It looks very much like Destiny but with a unique style to it. I really like the fact that you can fly "Ironman style" through the map and play it in co-op with your friends. There was no real information if this game is a mmo like Destiny but it doesn't look like it because they only mentioned co-op and singleplayer. You can play it singleplayer if you like, that is definitely a thing. I'm really looking forward to this game!

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

I remember last year in which E3 was a blast for me.

I didn't even watch EAPlay today, Not in the mood since I have exams (last week) and family visiting tomorrow. 

How long does E3 go on for, Maybe I'll be able to join in on the fun after exams?

Anyway, Anthem does look really cool, But I'm just going to wait for more info until I get too excited about it. I love the artwork though, For that reason, WHO CARES.

Celebration of what was once the standard, no loot boxes. Anyways they didn't show any true gameplay IMHO. it was all pre-recorded and they never stayed in the same physical space for more then 30 seconds, jump cut after jump cut. 

12 hours ago, ErykYT3 said:

I remember last year in which E3 was a blast for me.

I didn't even watch EAPlay today, Not in the mood since I have exams (last week) and family visiting tomorrow. 

How long does E3 go on for, Maybe I'll be able to join in on the fun after exams?

Anyway, Anthem does look really cool, But I'm just going to wait for more info until I get too excited about it. I love the artwork though, For that reason, WHO CARES.

E3 Edit:EA is already wrapped up has been for sometime. BF5 and Anthem were the two big games, anthem got the main spotlight for the end as BFV/5 can get it's own event/hype and doesn't need E3. 

3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

E3 is already wrapped up has been for sometime. BF5 and Anthem were the two big games, anthem got the main spotlight for the end as BFV/5 can get it's own event/hype and doesn't need E3. 

I see. It seems to be that things are getting leaked and we all know what's going to be up at E3 in the leadup to it.

17 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Needs quote boxes to match guidelines.

And what to quote since this is all information I gathered from the stream?

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

1 minute ago, crosstiger said:

And what to quote since this is all information I gathered from the stream?

The information you got from the stream can go in quote boxes.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

13 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Celebration of what was once the standard, no loot boxes. Anyways they didn't show any true gameplay IMHO. it was all pre-recorded and they never stayed in the same physical space for more then 30 seconds, jump cut after jump cut. 

That is true. But for me it is enough to classify the gameplay as quite similar to Destiny.

Greetings from germany

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The information you got from the stream can go in quote boxes.

All right, got it!

Greetings from germany

25 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

E3 is already wrapped up has been for sometime. BF5 and Anthem were the two big games, anthem got the main spotlight for the end as BFV/5 can get it's own event/hype and doesn't need E3. 

I'm sorry but what? E3 doesn't start until Monday (officially at least) but EA have had a separate event for the last 3 years.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm sorry but what? E3 doesn't start until Monday (officially at least) but EA have had a separate event for the last 3 years.

It's EAs E3 press conference starting Saturday, June 9, 11am Pacific Time, or did I miss something?

Greetings from germany

1 minute ago, crosstiger said:

It's EAs E3 press conference starting Saturday, June 9, 11am Pacific Time, or did I miss something?

No, it was EA Play. E3 doesn't kick off till Monday 11th and EA haven't had an E3 event in 3 years.

E3 is held in California, EA Play is held in Hollywood.

Btw I was responding to the dude saying E3 is wrapped up, it isn't, it hasn't even started yet.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

No, it was EA Play. E3 doesn't kick off till Monday 11th and EA haven't had an E3 event in 3 years.

E3 is held in California, EA Play is held in Hollywood.

Btw I was responding to the dude saying E3 is wrapped up, it isn't, it hasn't even started yet.

ok, misunderstood that.

Greetings from germany

inb4 "cosmetic only" microtransactions

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Where is the Battle Royale mode?

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

3 minutes ago, Kirrr said:

Where is the Battle Royale mode?

Hold my pancake, brb.

Greetings from germany

Looking forward to this game, I just hope EA and Bioware don't somehow manage to fuck it up.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Hopefully EAs new adaptive multiplayer algorithm patent will be approved before this is released!

didn't look at that great tbh.  Sure its pretty but they just flew around one shotting everything with AOE missles and crap.

I might get some flak for this, but it just looks like just another cookie-cutter Halo/Destiny clone with some mild inspiration from Warframe. It might end up being good, but from what I've seen so far, the only feeling it gives me is a solid "meh".

Tenno...

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, Humbug said:

is there a Single payer campaign?

Does always connected single player count?

Cause that's what you'll most probably get

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>