Need an LED strip

AskTJ

I am going to be having chickens in my backyard soon, 3 of them, and was wanting to put an LED strip inside so they know where to go. 

I live in Australia. Only eBay links.

Needs

• Waterproof - Chickens are going to be outside
  • CAN BE POWERED BY USB - So I can use a power bank and not external cables
  • Length of 0.5 - 1m. - Doesn't need to be long

hi.

While chickens have poor night vision, they are very sensitive to light and it can cause stress if you put out the wrong kind of light.

You will want to avoid anything white and go with a soft orange type of light. Also get a timer so its not on 24/7

What is your budget? 

On 09/06/2018 at 8:34 PM, Dujith said:

While chickens have poor night vision, they are very sensitive to light and it can cause stress if you put out the wrong kind of light.

You will want to avoid anything white and go with a soft orange type of light. Also get a timer so its not on 24/7

What is your budget? 

I have $20 Australian. Good to know that they don't like sensitive light. I will take that into consideration.

hi.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-5M-5050-RGB-LED-Strips-Lights-Power-Supply-Kit-USB-24key-IR-Remote-Waterproof-/153048804635?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&&var=452876984051&varId=452876984051 this has a IP60 waterproof rating so its not actually waterproof but it could work if u place infront the door if you have like a small roof above it

Another possible idea is get a non waterproof strip and cover it with something transparent to make it waterproof