Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BuckGup

How bad is Weed?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

Healthy eating takes far more effort than most people are willing to put into it to, the point however was that dismissing the idea that small amounts of alcohol are simply and always still bad for you.

 

Also if youre not going to trust anything without sources, in that case then wheres your legitimate source on why you simply shouldn't start drinking if you already dont, and what are the (valid) reasons not to?

If healthy eating is more effort than buying canned/frozen fruit in juice (for cans), bananas and a bag of apples, then booze up by all means as far as I'm concerned you don't actually take much consideration towards your health anyways. I also never dismissed small amount of wine is bad, but the issues with beer vs the benefits are something I can't tell someone to take it up for, ever. For other drinks I know a few have benefits but to me they are too pricey to justify vs other sources. Seriously is it that hard to throw in frozen berries, mangos peaches or other fruits into a blender then throwing that blender into a dishwasher?

 

Any reputable media source would at least attempt to put their sources or at least the agency who did them... Anything less than that to me is either unreliable possibly misleading or at the very least downright sloppy journalism. I don't need legitimate sources as to why I shouldn't start drinking, because no legitimate source will be dumb enough to encourage people to drink. This is because people are stupid, they will skip lines possibly going so as to go out buy a 12 pack and consume the whole thing then drive home possibly killing someone (or many) in the process.

 

You go find me a source from a reputable agency USA/EU/Canada that states those over 25 should drink to promote health because there is no other source.

 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

Sounds like you’ve been to too many awful parties xD

Or maybe not enough to become used to it yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

If healthy eating is more effort than buying canned/frozen fruit in juice (for cans), bananas and a bag of apples, then booze up by all means as far as I'm concerned you don't actually take much consideration towards your health anyways. I also never dismissed small amount of wine is bad, but the issues with beer vs the benefits are something I can't tell someone to take it up for, ever. For other drinks I know a few have benefits but to me they are too pricey to justify vs other sources. Seriously is it that hard to throw in frozen berries, mangos peaches or other fruits into a blender then throwing that blender into a dishwasher?

 

Any reputable media source would at least attempt to put their sources or at least the agency who did them... Anything less than that to me is either unreliable possibly misleading or at the very least downright sloppy journalism. I don't need legitimate sources as to why I shouldn't start drinking, because no legitimate source will be dumb enough to encourage people to drink. This is because people are stupid, they will skip lines possibly going so as to go out buy a 12 pack and consume the whole thing then drive home possibly killing someone (or many) in the process.

 

You go find me a source from a reputable agency USA/EU/Canada that states those over 25 should drink to promote health because there is no other source.

 

Or maybe not enough to become used to it yet.

The problem is cultural, not scientific. Scientifically, alcohol has benefits in very small doses. However, consuming alcohol in such doses would seem rather strange. You’d be drinking by the teaspoon (so to speak). One can of beer is already excess (for some people). To make things worse, binge drinking is a mainstay in North American culture. 

 

Personally, Weed >> Alcohol. 

 

- takes less space, it literally fits in your pocket

- less harmful for the same buzz

- cheaper than alcohol for the same buzz

- no hangovers!!! 

- makes you less angry/violent

- doesn’t make your poop runny and explosive 

 

The only thing that really sucks with weed is that it is a gateway drug for cigarettes. (I know you expected me to say meth or something far more dangerous)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kokakolia said:

- doesn’t make your poop runny and explosive

Depends on what you eat when munchies take over ;)


For Sale (lots of stuff):

Spoiler

[FS] [CAD] Various things

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

The problem is cultural, not scientific. Scientifically, alcohol has benefits in very small doses. However, consuming alcohol in such doses would seem rather strange. You’d be drinking by the teaspoon (so to speak). One can of beer is already excess (for some people). To make things worse, binge drinking is a mainstay in North American culture. 

 

Personally, Weed >> Alcohol. 

 

-snip-

 

The only thing that really sucks with weed is that it is a gateway drug for cigarettes. (I know you expected me to say meth or something far more dangerous)

 

Don't take me to a bar then, I'll embarrass you (I've done it). But yes drinking like other drugs are mostly social caused...

 

Yes and no, depending on the users take on weed it can, esp if financially speaking they are having issues buying their weeking stash. Tho that's when E-Cigs come in handy, not that I support them moreover cigs, but they are "technically" safer than switching to normal ones.

 

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Depends on what you eat when munchies take over ;)

If the munchies happen when you're high, I'd be that person to slip 2 packs (400 grams+) of Twizzlers and bet $20 they couldn't eat them all :ph34r: Let the mineral oil flow within xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

 

Don't take me to a bar then, I'll embarrass you (I've done it). But yes drinking like other drugs are mostly social caused...

 

Yes and no, depending on the users take on weed it can, esp if financially speaking they are having issues buying their weeking stash. Tho that's when E-Cigs come in handy, not that I support them moreover cigs, but they are "technically" safer than switching to normal ones.

 

If the munchies happen when you're high, I'd be that person to slip 2 packs (400 grams+) of Twizzlers and bet $20 they couldn't eat them all :ph34r: Let the mineral oil flow within xD

I could do one pack of twizzlers, but 2 packs might be a bit much.

 

But I wouldn't even want to eat that many, even if I were stoned.


For Sale (lots of stuff):

Spoiler

[FS] [CAD] Various things

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2018 at 10:01 PM, BuckGup said:

I personally have never and plan on never using it but others around me do and I just want some feedback. If someone does it every 6 months how bad is it compared to someone who does it every other day? I know personally I can see the life decisions being made between the two but what about health risks? Try and be a little serious plz

Smoking anything is bad for you, but Marijuana has no lasting negative effects. Especially if taken as edibles.

The worst thing that happens is if you use weed too often (daily for 2 weeks or so) you might start feeling depressed when you aren't high due to your body stopping dopamine production. But, just take a break from smoking for two days and you'll feel better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

I could do one pack of twizzlers, but 2 packs might be a bit much.

 

But I wouldn't even want to eat that many, even if I were stoned.

True, but it depends on how the drug affects the person, and how many they have had. They might not even remember who gave them the packs.

 

I've had to work with a drunk that the company refused to do anything with. So depending on the day sober workers could have a little fun with that person ;), they were mostly however annoying.

 

Depending on what I just ate the day of or will be eating I can pack down 1 package no problems, but the second one... I think 2 packs is generally overkill for most peoples systems but small enough to not destroy their digestive tract.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mio85 said:

Smoking anything is bad for you, but Marijuana has no lasting negative effects. Especially if taken as edibles.

The worst thing that happens is if you use weed too often (daily for 2 weeks or so) you might start feeling depressed when you aren't high due to your body stopping dopamine production. But, just take a break from smoking for two days and you'll feel better.

Yeah, about that...If you’re feeling sad or worried about something weed will only make things worse. But it’s different for different people. 

 

IMO, it’s important to be in a good mood.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Yeah, about that...If you’re feeling sad or worried about something weed will only make things worse. But it’s different for different people. 

 

IMO, it’s important to be in a good mood.

I don't have depression or anything, I'm simply stating my experience. But yeah, Weed isn't a substitute for actual happiness.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mornincupofhate said:

false and false.

I know plenty of athletes that have used weed for a long, long time.

I've also used weed for a long, long time, I now code even better than before I started.

im not saying it makes you stupid. i am saying that there is medical evidence that suggests that it can lead to worse short term memory. second heat is bad for your lungs it leads to an increased chance of developing cancer


Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS TUF b350m | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1070 FE | Coolermaster MasterCase Pro 3 | Corsair H60 | 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Mac | Mac Mini Late 2012 | OSX | I5-3210m 2.5~3.1ghz | 4gb DDR3 | 60gb SSD + 1TB HDD 

Phone | Samsung Galaxy S6 | Verizon | 32gb

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

im not saying it makes you stupid. i am saying that there is medical evidence that suggests that it can lead to worse short term memory. second heat is bad for your lungs it leads to an increased chance of developing cancer

Only for a short while, once the THC leaves your system you go back to normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to explain weed to OP:

Weed isn't some PCP-like drug that makes you violent and want to go strangle people. It can be related to having a drink or two.

Personally when I'm high, I can't do much, let alone go choke out my landlord. Quite the opposite can happen after you've had a few drinks of alcohol.

 

It's just a mellow substance overall. Shouldn't even be called a drug.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Shouldn't even be called a drug.

Well it is a drug.

 

Thats like saying water isnt H20, doesnt make no sense. Go look up what a drug is first!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

If healthy eating is more effort than buying canned/frozen fruit in juice (for cans), bananas and a bag of apples, then booze up by all means as far as I'm concerned you don't actually take much consideration towards your health anyways. I also never dismissed small amount of wine is bad, but the issues with beer vs the benefits are something I can't tell someone to take it up for, ever. For other drinks I know a few have benefits but to me they are too pricey to justify vs other sources. Seriously is it that hard to throw in frozen berries, mangos peaches or other fruits into a blender then throwing that blender into a dishwasher?

 

Any reputable media source would at least attempt to put their sources or at least the agency who did them... Anything less than that to me is either unreliable possibly misleading or at the very least downright sloppy journalism. I don't need legitimate sources as to why I shouldn't start drinking, because no legitimate source will be dumb enough to encourage people to drink. This is because people are stupid, they will skip lines possibly going so as to go out buy a 12 pack and consume the whole thing then drive home possibly killing someone (or many) in the process.

 

You go find me a source from a reputable agency USA/EU/Canada that states those over 25 should drink to promote health because there is no other source.

 

Or maybe not enough to become used to it yet.

Getting frozen food from the store to your freezer is an even bigger challenge than counting nutrients and making sure you have enough of everything, when all you have to instead is pop vitamin pills and eat anything you like.

 

Also tinned vegetarian foods are often filled with additional syrup / juice / sugars / preservatives / salt. I wouldnt ever call food that comes in a can healthy.

 

A can of peaches with HFCS as its top ingredient isnt healthy. Then some fruits like mangos, pineapples, watermelons are simply a challenge for a lot of people to get back home from the supermarket, especially so if you have medical reasons that prevent you from driving / lifting / carrying as I do.

 

And shopping online isnt ever a solution to this as you never get end of day reductions online to save up to 90%+ on your groceries.


Linus is my fetish.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great new video from Healthcare Triage on the harms of Cannabis:

What's the take away?

 

1. MORE RESEARCH IS NEEDED!

2. The harms are significantly less than many other (including legal) drugs and substances

3. The risks for those at high risk of mental health still seem pretty significant - don't smoke pot if you have a history of mental health!

4. Driving while stoned is bad! You're 20-30% more likely (relative, not absolute) to get into a car accident if you drive while stoned.

 

What does that mean? Should everyone go start smoking pot? No. If you didn't consume Cannabis before, and don't want to start? Then don't! No rational person will pressure you into trying it.

 

However, if you enjoy it, or want to experience it, don't fret too much about whether it'll kill you. Do your own research, be thorough, and understand the risks. But once you've done that? Enjoy it, if you want.


For Sale (lots of stuff):

Spoiler

[FS] [CAD] Various things

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 11:20 PM, dalekphalm said:

What does that mean? Should everyone go start smoking pot? No. If you didn't consume Cannabis before, and don't want to start? Then don't! No rational person will pressure you into trying it.

 

However, if you enjoy it, or want to experience it, don't fret too much about whether it'll kill you. Do your own research, be thorough, and understand the risks. But once you've done that? Enjoy it, if you want.

I don't think recommending smoking weed is a good idea.

It's still very, very illegal in a lot of places. That's possibly the biggest risk with weed. Getting caught and being harshly punished.

 

 

On 6/12/2018 at 11:32 PM, Mornincupofhate said:

Alcohol is a drug. So is caffeine.

You: Weed shouldn't be called a drug.

Him: Well it is a dug. Go look up what drug means.

You: Alcohol is a drug. So is caffeine.

 

What is your point? Weed is a drug. It doesn't make sense to say it isn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 4:32 PM, Mornincupofhate said:

Alcohol is a drug. So is caffeine.

Anything that can get you addicted to or otherwise reach for over something else can be seen as a drug, so basically sugar can be seen as a drug too.

 

On 6/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, Bhav said:

Getting frozen food from the store to your freezer is an even bigger challenge than counting nutrients and making sure you have enough of everything, when all you have to instead is pop vitamin pills and eat anything you like.

Vitamins are 90% junk because your body can't always process them. Vitamin D (forget which) is a prefect example as it requires fat to reach where it functions best. Also that's poor logic and will still cause health issues even if vitamins worked as people think they do.

 

On 6/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, Bhav said:

Also tinned vegetarian foods are often filled with additional syrup / juice / sugars / preservatives / salt. I wouldnt ever call food that comes in a can healthy.

 

A can of peaches with HFCS as its top ingredient isnt healthy.

Read the labels while not sure about where you are, food here you have choices. For example Del Monte low sodium cans for green beans have 10mg per 1/2 can (I think it isn't right next to me).

 

For pears with fruit juice from Walmart it contains no sodium and only has natural sugars from the fruit. That is why I said in Fruit Juice because anything less than that is worst for you than buying the real thing and freezing it.

 

On 6/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, Bhav said:

 Then some fruits like mangos, pineapples, watermelons are simply a challenge for a lot of people to get back home from the supermarket, especially so if you have medical reasons that prevent you from driving / lifting / carrying as I do.

 

And shopping online isnt ever a solution to this as you never get end of day reductions online to save up to 90%+ on your groceries.

True I don't buy watermelons for this reason, I can't be bothered with pineapples due to the skin, and I don't care for mangos, but dragon fruit yum but still a pain to bring back :P Truth be told I have more issues bringing bananas back over anything else due to the shape.

 

The second part of the first line is geo based. Where I live, even with mobility issues requiring a walker/cane there is no excuse (next to bad weather, winter or otherwise hazardous to your health outside conditions, tho this doesn't seem to stop some people). Both of my parents have mobility issues one more so than the other and they cross a intersection nearly daily that has 2 red light cameras and ignorant drivers who rather nearly run over pedestrians than look and yield. 

 

You aslo can't use a 90% off argument for day end goods and eat anything you like in the same argument... I've given up on discounted foods mostly because they are now borderline garbage by the time they get there... 15 years ago you could pick up 2-4 pounds of grapes for $1-2, now it's like .5lb for $2 which depending on location and sales is a complete rip off, yet people still buy it.

 

Over all proper planning even with disabilities you could eat healthy unless regionally speaking it is impossible and the gov has no help for the disabled, and your family/neighbours refuse to assist.

On Saturday I picked up over 6lb of Bok Choy, some grapes and a white radish for under $9 (plus $7.5 in transit), locally I would have spent the same amount (in less time) but nothing would of been as fresh as what I got(the radishes are usually dried out here costing about 5x more), and possibly in less quantity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 5:02 AM, Bhav said:

Getting frozen food from the store to your freezer is an even bigger challenge than counting nutrients and making sure you have enough of everything, when all you have to instead is pop vitamin pills and eat anything you like.

 

Also tinned vegetarian foods are often filled with additional syrup / juice / sugars / preservatives / salt. I wouldnt ever call food that comes in a can healthy.

 

A can of peaches with HFCS as its top ingredient isnt healthy. Then some fruits like mangos, pineapples, watermelons are simply a challenge for a lot of people to get back home from the supermarket, especially so if you have medical reasons that prevent you from driving / lifting / carrying as I do.

 

And shopping online isnt ever a solution to this as you never get end of day reductions online to save up to 90%+ on your groceries.

Wait. You're trying to argue that drinking alcohol is healthy, but when it comes to things that are actually healthy, like eating properly, then you blame disabilities and "it's too hard"? Come on dude...

You don't need to count nutrients if you think a little bit, and cook your own food.

 

As for vitamins. There are only really 3 supplements you want to take (if you have a somewhat decent diet).

  1. If you are a woman, it might be a good idea to take iron supplements since a lot of women has an iron deficiency (about 1 in 10 women).
  2. Omega-3 fatty acids has a lot of benefits, and it is something people often don't get enough of (comes mainly from certain types of fish, nuts and seeds).
  3. And the last one is vitamin D, but only people who gets very little sunlight exposure needs that (like us Swedes during the winter).

Everything else is easily obtained through a decent diet (which is to say, make your food from scratch, eat a varied diet in appropriate portions). You don't even need to read the nutrients labels if you do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I don't think recommending smoking weed is a good idea.

Who is recommending smoking weed?

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

It's still very, very illegal in a lot of places. That's possibly the biggest risk with weed. Getting caught and being harshly punished.

In some places, yes. In many places, it is legal or quasi legal (such as quite a few US states).

 

Everyone should know their local laws. Though the risk largely depends on where you live. Canada, for example? If you consume Cannabis in private and don't bother anyone, there's next to no risk of running afoul of the law, despite it technically being illegal still.

 


For Sale (lots of stuff):

Spoiler

[FS] [CAD] Various things

 

 

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 7:25 AM, Bhav said:

Not really:

 

https://www.eatthis.com/benefits-of-alcohol/

 

Also I will never agree with or understand anti drug rhetorics, when they lead to medicinal cannabis being seized at airports, and doctors being over ridden even if they needed to prescribe it and it worked:

 

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/charlotte-caldwells-medicinal-cannabis-oil-for-son-is-confiscated-at-heathrow-11401552

Errr...you can't transport drugs like that across international lines. That's not new, and frankly makes perfect sense.

Anyone thinking they can ins simply an idiot.

On 6/11/2018 at 8:24 AM, xXxAdamxXx said:

Speaking from experience I think most people should avoid weed until they're into adulthood and have their life in order and are less susceptible to wasting money on addictions. After that - if you've got your stuff in order and are responsible and can do something in moderation - then whatever, it's less likely to give you cancer and organ failure than alcohol.

I'd argue the opposite. If you have your fun with it when you're younger, you have a much lower chance of fucking up a high paying job because of it.  You also know how to control yourself more, as you've had experience with said product. Lastly, most people do it when they're young, and it phases out as they get older.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:04 PM, VegetaFajita said:

First, try and call it Cannabis, not pot or weed.

Second, the real truth is it can replace thousands of over the counter and prescription medication, and completely destroy the paper industry.

Welcome to why "weed" is actually illegal across the world.

It's mostly America's fault, as is everything else wrong with the world.

How does it affect the paper industry?

While the US does have issues, it's far from the cause of everything wrong in the world. There are many, many other worse countries than the US.

Islamic extremists, for example. Or Middle Eastern countries that have much lower rights for women.

 


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dizmo said:

I'd argue the opposite. If you have your fun with it when you're younger, you have a much lower chance of fucking up a high paying job because of it.  You also know how to control yourself more, as you've had experience with said product. Lastly, most people do it when they're young, and it phases out as they get older.

I agree with the last part, but that is all... You're better off not touching it at all rather then trying it when you are young. I was around users but never once used it. No idea where they are now in life but they were smart at using it (once a day to 3 times a week tops), about half went to uni but that's all I know, like I said they were smart about it.

 

If you like it and end up abusing it or get hooked because your dealer adds shit to make it addictive or harm you, it could destroy your life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

I agree with the last part, but that is all... You're better off not touching it at all rather then trying it when you are young. I was around users but never once used it. No idea where they are now in life but they were smart at using it (once a day to 3 times a week tops), about half went to uni but that's all I know, like I said they were smart about it.

 

If you like it and end up abusing it or get hooked because your dealer adds shit to make it addictive or harm you, it could destroy your life.

That's the thing though. You're lumping people who are frequent users in with people that fail or have a harder time with life, and that's frankly incorrect. I have several friends who were/are heavy stoners, every day, multiple times a day. Many of them make well in excess of $100k a year and are very successful in their careers. You know what else ruins peoples lives? Lottery tickets. Casinos. Sports betting. There's tons of things that one can get addicted to. It all comes down to the person. If they already have an addictive personality, then virtually anything will have the same affect. Honestly, if you're smoking every day, you have a good enough relationship with your dealer that he's going to treat you right. Weed isn't like crack. While some dealers do both, it's very rare.


Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

 

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×