How bad is Weed?

BuckGup
36 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Same problem that affects any progress or research on cannabis affects alcohols (or anything really); people take a single substance and use it as the basis for the whole spectrum being denied. 

Also, WHY IS EVERYONE STILL TALKING ABOUT SMOKING?! YOU CAN EAT THE STUFF AS WELL!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

6 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Same problem that affects any progress or research on cannabis affects alcohols (or anything really); people take a single substance and use it as the basis for the whole spectrum being denied. 

Also, WHY IS EVERYONE STILL TALKING ABOUT SMOKING?! YOU CAN EAT THE STUFF AS WELL!

Aye. There was an interesting argument for the legalization of harder drugs as well.

Haha, yeahhhh but it's a totally different high. I'd say edibles make you less social.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, Jonnyswboy said:

The negative affects of alcohol WAY outweigh the positives.

This was contained in one of those links:

BKPoD8X.png

Uhhh...yeah, no shit Sherlock. If you drink water in excessive amounts it's bad for you. All that says is don't binge drink, which is kind of obvious.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

22 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Can't smoke weed and drive period, legally speaking and nore should you.

The number of people who think this is false is borderline humanity is hopeless.

21 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Just like smoking tobacco it can lead to an increase in cancer risk, but it's a lot safer than tobacco/vapes and even alcohol addiction. It should be legalised and regulated, I don't see why not. Just like any drug however it is an addictive substance, but its probably between alcohol and caffeine in terms of harm. Go ahead and roll up a fat one, It won't do you any harm. 

The highest causing cancer risk is actually not the tobacco itself but the shit they put into the cigarettes. Smoking raw tobacco is "healthier" (not safer) than buying the death sticks

So unless you can buy it legally (like soon in canada, in the raw make your own rolls form), I personally wouldn't try anything unless it's homegrown (you grow it, not someone else, which is illegal afaik in the states). Reason being is if they throw cheap shit in it to give a better buzz or anything else to make it cheaper the long term (possibly very short term) side effects could be devastating.

Over all I think the best answer is still @gabrielcarvfer's post a little up.

Note: I don't smoke anything nor any other recreational drug, I also can't be around people who are soaked in the smell either.

11 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

I'm not wrong on this and I'm not inferring that the DNA is their phenotype. 

I said that different mutations on different genes on different DNAs may change the synthesis of some stuff, that may react differently. That was it.

I've read multiple articles and books exactly on this topic, and as I've said, I can send them (or at least the name) to you to check for yourself.

I do want the reading recommendation.

And my point is that people should be fully aware of what they're using and what it may cause in the short term and long term. 

You are not correct in that statement. 

Lets go through a few basics

- There are no different DNAs. You are thinking of the genome. 

- The phenotype is the representation of the environment and the genetics of an individual, essentially the genome and the epigenome. 

- This is what drugs directly affect. Its pretty hard for a drug, especially marijuana to directly affect your genome. You can inhibit or overexpress the transcription of a gene however. Drugs will affect your epigenome. 

- It's pretty hard to accumulate enough mutations to cause an effect. It's why cancer is such a chronic disease. Remember we have repair processes that regularly fix mutations. Cancers are usually a failure of these processes.

So you're thinking about it in the right way, just not with the right knowledge. Reading articles and books is a bit different to understanding them. I suspect you are trying to troll the forum a bit in this thread. 

32 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

The number of people who think this is false is borderline humanity is hopeless.

The highest causing cancer risk is actually not the tobacco itself but the shit they put into the cigarettes. Smoking raw tobacco is "healthier" (not safer) than buying the death sticks

So unless you can buy it legally (like soon in canada, in the raw make your own rolls form), I personally wouldn't try anything unless it's homegrown (you grow it, not someone else, which is illegal afaik in the states). Reason being is if they throw cheap shit in it to give a better buzz or anything else to make it cheaper the long term (possibly very short term) side effects could be devastating.

Over all I think the best answer is still @gabrielcarvfer's post a little up.

Note: I don't smoke anything nor any other recreational drug, I also can't be around people who are soaked in the smell either.

Don't need to get home grown weed. Though, least with the Ecigs that have THC in it. It's mostly lab made and or grown. As far as rolling one up idk. I never smoked it like that due to coughing too much from the little particles in it. That's why I stick to vaping it.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Don't need to get home grown weed. Though, least with the Ecigs that have THC in it. It's mostly lab made and or grown. As far as rolling one up idk. I never smoked it like that due to coughing too much from the little particles in it. That's why I stick to vaping it.

My main concern about ecigs are long term health risks of fogging your lungs, plus the chemicals they throw in for flavour, both of which are unknown due to it being too new in mass. The second biggest concern is when stupid people decide to use them in enclosed places like buses... Where I live it is seen as smoking by the transit systems, for good reasons too as they still expel tobacco/whatever when you exhale.

https://globalnews.ca/news/2569415/ontario-to-ban-vaping-medical-marijuana-in-spots-where-smoking-tobacco-is-prohibited/ Yet, no one enforces smoke free areas where I live, not even at the local hospital usually...

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

19 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

I found when actively smoking or right after smoking, short term memory was affected, less so the more "experienced" I got, but my long term memory has never been affected. I couldn't tell you how many cookies I ate while high, but I could tell you what my 6th birthday was like for example. Obviously doing something like studying while high is pointless is my point, but if I studied, then immediately went and got high, im gonna remember everything I studied. But I can always focus on one thing. I can be super high, and still throw together a quad core sever perfectly very quickly, and not mess any of the steps up. I can be super high, and still dominate on an intense real time strategy game like Halo Wars or wargame red dragon. This changes person to person. I know some people that become as dumb as a rock if they smoke.

I am talking from a medical perspective, that the portion of the brain that handles short term memory slows down over time making your short term memory become worse

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

1 hour ago, Egg-Roll said:

My main concern about ecigs are long term health risks of fogging your lungs, plus the chemicals they throw in for flavour, both of which are unknown due to it being too new in mass. The second biggest concern is when stupid people decide to use them in enclosed places like buses... Where I live it is seen as smoking by the transit systems, for good reasons too as they still expel tobacco/whatever when you exhale.

https://globalnews.ca/news/2569415/ontario-to-ban-vaping-medical-marijuana-in-spots-where-smoking-tobacco-is-prohibited/ Yet, no one enforces smoke free areas where I live, not even at the local hospital usually...

Idk I haven't had any issues with them so far. As for smoking inside I just don't do it and no one else should either. It's called common courtesy some people forget that. I especially don't smoke weed out in public unless I'm only with friends who are ok with it being around them. Only really smoke it then watch TV in my room before bed so yeah. Can't speak for other people's bad manners.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

53 minutes ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

Yes. Yes. Not necessarily, just need to be irresponsible. For example: using drugs and then driving after few hours (1~2). Even low levels of THC can impact drivers ability and attention. 

"Drivers under the influence of cannabis multiply their risk of being responsible for causing a fatal accident by 1.65 (1.16–2.34), and the proportion of fatal accidents which would be prevented if no drivers ever drove under the influence of cannabis is estimated at 4.2% (3.7%-4.8%)." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5678710/

"In fact, the biggest increase of road accidents was observed when alcohol and drugs were simultaneously consumed. Furthermore, Dubois et al. (39) found that drivers who were positive for cannabis alone had a 16% increase in the odds of an unsafe driving action. However, these odds increased by approximately 8–10% when alcohol and cannabis were combined." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5451498/

We all know you shouldn't/legally can't drive under the influence. That being said cell phones and distracted driving also kills a lot of people too. It's just stupid people doing stupid things. We don't take away phones because a few idiots text and drive. We make texting and driving illegal to do. Also weed doesn't make people drive, they know full well they shouldn't be driving they choose to do it anyway. Some people lack common sense.

IMO I'd rate it a 0/10 for how bad it is given that everything I've read and seen about people who take weed still aren't even 10% as bad as my various uncurable illnesses make me.

Fun fact - When I initially went to a GP to complain of excessive drowsiness / fatigue, I got accused of smoking weed right away. Around 10 years later and they still wouldnt allow me to have Modafilin because to get that prescribed in the UK you have literally be passing out / losing consciousness during the day.

And now I need to come off my SNRIs because I have a recently diagnosed heart condition. I have my next psych appointment in July and am going to do a major push for either or both Modafilin / Buproprion instead, if they dont afftect the heart rate that is which I'm guessing they probably do anyway.

Linus is my fetish.

15 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

I'm not wrong on this and I'm not inferring that the DNA is their phenotype. 

I said that different mutations on different genes on different DNAs may change the synthesis of some stuff, that may react differently. That was it.

I've read multiple articles and books exactly on this topic, and as I've said, I can send them (or at least the name) to you to check for yourself.

I do want the reading recommendation.

And my point is that people should be fully aware of what they're using and what it may cause in the short term and long term. 

Is this what you were referring to?

Most mutations won't produce a significant change in protein expression. A quick excerpt:

"Almost all human genetic variation is relatively insignificant biologically; that is, it has no adaptive significance. Some variation (for example, a neutral mutation) alters the amino acid sequence of the resulting protein but produces no detectable change in its function. Other variation (for example, a silent mutation) does not even change the amino acid sequence. Furthermore, only a small percentage of the DNA sequences in the human genome are coding sequences (sequences that are ultimately translated into protein) or regulatory sequences (sequences that can influence the level, timing, and tissue specificity of gene expression). Differences that occur elsewhere in the DNA—in the vast majority of the DNA that has no known function—have no impact."

I think that you may have been aiming for something like pharmacogenetics, however:

I will provide no conclusion on this matter. Do not ask for my opinion beyond this point...

12 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

My favourite anit-weed meme is that it makes you gay.

Top keks all round.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

My favourite anit-weed meme is that it makes you gay.

Top keks all round.

And if you're already homosexual?

Just now, NMS said:

And if you're already homosexual?

Well I imagine that the anti-weed crowd that consider drugs bad, they'll also consider homosexuality to be bad too. (Assuming they're super religious which lets be honest they probably are).

So, if weed makes you gay (we know it doesn't but lets roll with this), but you're already gay, would it make you straight?

I'm surprised the anti-weed crowd haven't looked into this. /jk

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Well I imagine that the anti-weed crowd that consider drugs bad, they'll also consider homosexuality to be bad too. (Assuming they're super religious which lets be honest they probably are).

So, if weed makes you gay (we know it doesn't but lets roll with this), but you're already gay, would it make you straight?

I'm surprised the anti-weed crowd haven't looked into this. /jk

I can see that for them the decision is quite difficult. It's either the world with all stoned straight guys or the one with gays without drugs... Now that's a pickle:/

12 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

“The deep state satanic globalists are coming to turn evey friggin’ frogs gay” xD 

E12493E7-1F62-4E4A-9651-E3BE9610EF28.jpeg.228b8028c45f24d1dbff515afd253a79.jpeg

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

12 minutes ago, NMS said:

I can see that for them the decision is quite difficult. It's either the world with all stoned straight guys or the one with gays without drugs... Now that's a pickle:/

Somewhere...in a parallel universe...

25 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

So, if weed makes you gay (we know it doesn't but lets roll with this), but you're already gay, would it make you straight

if you were having and some weed, you'd either become Freddie Murcury or Elton John.

Though this one is new to me:

date-rape-ad1.jpg

The title is clickbait but trust me it’s a good one. 

AC22BA04-D742-4DDD-9868-8BB48EF1F39F.thumb.png.c31fd3f5b40f6d09b6c6ec1b948b566a.png

A3BF4F14-A8E3-4F15-A89C-38B8FA64637F.thumb.png.20e7a0dd63dd291c3d5bf356aee34466.png

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Well, it's legal in the netherlands and they don't seem to have many problems.

I mean if it would be the cause of a bunch of issues they would just ban it, but they haven't.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

On 6/8/2018 at 11:10 PM, Blebekblebek said:

It just bad as drinking beer, or breathing.

Government trying so hard to make propaganda about how bad weed is.

Alcohol is demonstrably worse.

That being said, too much of anything is a bad thing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It is as bad as what ever the law is in your country/state of residence.

Is it illegal? It's very bad and you should not touch it

Is it regulated to be medical only? then it should only be used for medical purposes

Is it fully legal for recreational use? it's only as bad as your opinion of it.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒