Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

First of all my Setup:

 

Hardware:

  • Ryzen 1700x
  • Asus Crosshair VI Hero
  • GTX 1080
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB

 

Custom Loop:

  • EK-Supremecy EVO
  • Inoovatek Eheim HPPS Plus (silent mode)
  • XSPC EX360 Rad + 3xNocuta NF-12
  • EK-Coolstream CE280 + 2x Stock case fans
  • about 1 Liter of loop volume

I've recently build my new pc mainly from used parts to save money.
I just played around a bit with overclocking and thought my temperatures are a bit high.

 

  • 3950MHz @ 1.3875V (on all cores)
  • During 100% load the temps on the package level out on 57°Celsius (134,6°F).
  • All Fans were set to 100% at 25° Celsius (77°F) ambient temperature 
  • At idle with fans still spinning at 100% the temps bounce between 28°-35°C (82.5°-95°F)

 

I just think the temps are a bit high keeping in mind the two radiators cooling just the cpu, 

what do you think?

2.PNG

Unbenannt.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not at all. Those temps are perfectly normal for idle. Especially since you're pushing that much voltage through it.


Always remember the 80/80 rule of project management. That is, the first 80% of the project takes 80% of the time, and the last 20% of the project takes the other 80% of the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless is you are air or water cooler, your temps WILL always be above ambient temps.


QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

 

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Jrock said:

Regardless is you are air or water cooler, your temps WILL always be above ambient temps.

I can't cool my drinks with my custom loop? what a waste of money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daymin said:

I can't cool my drinks with my custom loop? what a waste of money.

LOL.


QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

 

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daymin said:

I can't cool my drinks with my custom loop? what a waste of money.

Drink your coolant fluid!


Always remember the 80/80 rule of project management. That is, the first 80% of the project takes 80% of the time, and the last 20% of the project takes the other 80% of the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

Not at all. Those temps are perfectly normal for idle. Especially since you're pushing that much voltage through it.

1 minute ago, bellabichon said:

Drink your coolant fluid!

Thanks for the reassuring!

 

I just played around with it and didn't try to get the best clocks with the lowest voltage.
What is the "save long time voltage" for ryzen with adequate cooling?

But distilled water with biocide doesn't taste good :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Jrock said:

LOL.

Should have build a TE-Cooler that can atleast get sub zero temps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daymin said:

Should have build a TE-Cooler that can atleast get sub zero temps.

You should have.

 

Maybe you can cool that cooler with your dual rad setup :P 


QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

 

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daymin said:

Should have build a TE-Cooler that can atleast get sub zero temps.

are you one of those people that think Radiators will actually cool down the liquid below ambient? cuz my friend thinks the same...


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Jrock said:

You should have.

 

Maybe you can cool that cooler with your dual rad setup :P 

I tried it once with a single 280 Rad and no heat load on the cold side of the loop

my tubing froze...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, syn2112 said:

are you one of those people that think Radiators will actually cool down the liquid below ambient? cuz my friend thinks the same...

I've had thermodynamics lectures at uni so no I don't think that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daymin said:

I tried it once with a single 280 Rad and no heat load on the cold side of the loop

my tubing froze...

Did it expand and crack?


QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

 

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daymin said:

I've had thermodynamics lectures at uni so no I don't think that.

thank god


Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Did it expand and crack?

Nope, really boring.

waterblock froze

ice "expanded" into tubing

no water flow through block

heat rises

ice melts

it didn't froze fast enough to crack anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daymin said:

Nope, really boring.

waterblock froze

ice "expanded" into tubing

no water flow through block

heat rises

ice melts

it didn't froze fast enough to crack anything.

Damn. I guess it didnt break anything so thats good but super boring..


QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

 

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Damn. I guess it didnt break anything so thats good but super boring..

Didn't use any of the proper watercooling stuff I own just some cheap ebay stuff so something dramatic would have been fun.

I've got a "spare" ek mx waterblock which leaks a bit maybe I will sometime try it again with that block instead of a aluminium one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daymin said:

Didn't use any of the proper watercooling stuff I own just some cheap ebay stuff so something dramatic would have been fun.

I've got a "spare" ek mx waterblock which leaks a bit maybe I will sometime try it again with that block instead of a aluminium one.

Nah dude, if it only leaks a little throw some superglue on it.


QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

 

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×