Passive coolers for modern GPUs?

XzzDSA

Yo o/

As the title says, I'm wondoring wether or not coolers like these are still made. 
I recall seeing passive aftermarket coolers in the past. Basicly just a big ol' radiator on the gpu and pcb.

Cheers if you know about any that are still being made for the modern cards. 

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

I think you mean the Accelero S1 and S2 by Arctic. Never seen anything since tbh.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Most passive cooled cards are on low power office cards like the GT 1030, higher end cards like a 1060 or 1070 use a system that allows you to turn off the fans at idle to convert it into a passive cooled card. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

22 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Most passive cooled cards are on low power office cards like the GT 1030, higher end cards like a 1060 or 1070 use a system that allows you to turn off the fans at idle to convert it into a passive cooled card. 

The 1060 you can buy with a huge ass passive cooler. Linus did a video on one where he explored a few 10 gen cards from the Asia area that you can't really get in the US.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

hmm... I would love to have a passively cooled GPU. Under load it's hard to beat watercooling for noise on the GPU...
How are the ASUS Strix cards? I'm thinking that's the next best thing to go for as I'm not in the market for 1060s and the like...

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

8 hours ago, XzzDSA said:

hmm... I would love to have a passively cooled GPU. Under load it's hard to beat watercooling for noise on the GPU...
How are the ASUS Strix cards? I'm thinking that's the next best thing to go for as I'm not in the market for 1060s and the like...

Strix are pretty quiet but you don't need passive cooling for a quiet graphics card under load. You could get a large aftermarket cooler like a Morpheus or MK-26 and attach quiet case fans to it like NF-A12x25's. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.