Return to Top

TekRed
Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
Just now, Tekred said:

Nah the home button takes you to the home page, Im suggesting a "return to top" button that takes you to the top of the page you're viewing. I've seen it on other forums before and it was a nice feature

im talking about the keyboard keys. not on the website itself. the  "end" key, the "home" key and "pg up/down" keys can be used to navigate the website instead of scrolling.

So not sure if its a thing already and I'm just blind, but having a return to top button at the bottom of the page would be wonderful. Some of these posts get pretty long and instead of having to scroll for days to reach the top we could just hit the return to top button. If its already a thing could someone help me out lol.

8 minutes ago, Tekred said:

So not sure if its a thing already and I'm just blind, but having a return to top button at the bottom of the page would be wonderful. Some of these posts get pretty long and instead of having to scroll for days to reach the top we could just hit the return to top button. If its already a thing could someone help me out lol.

on pc you can hit the "end" key to get to the bottom and "home" key to get to the top. ive got no solution for android or IOS, but im certain there is a way

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

on pc you can hit the "end" key to get to the bottom and "home" key to get to the top. ive got no solution for android or IOS, but im certain there is a way

Nah the home button takes you to the home page, Im suggesting a "return to top" button that takes you to the top of the page you're viewing. I've seen it on other forums before and it was a nice feature

Just now, Tekred said:

im talking about the keyboard keys. not on the website itself. the  "end" key, the "home" key and "pg up/down" keys can be used to navigate the website instead of scrolling.

Brilliant thanks..... now if there was an option for smart phones lol

This is something that gets suggested from time to time, and that I will be considering in the next update (where considering does not mean that it will definitely happen). The home and end keys are usually the best option, but a surprising number of people don't know about them, and they don't exist on mobile.

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

This is something that gets suggested from time to time, and that I will be considering in the next update (where considering does not mean that it will definitely happen). The home and end keys are usually the best option, but a surprising number of people don't know about them, and they don't exist on mobile.

Thanks, yeah im usually on mobile so that's why I started this and I didn't even think about the home and end keys on the keyboard. A few other forums has a "top" button and comes in very handy while viewing on mobile

33 minutes ago, Tekred said:

Thanks, yeah im usually on mobile so that's why I started this and I didn't even think about the home and end keys on the keyboard. A few other forums has a "top" button and comes in very handy while viewing on mobile

Out of interest, what forums in particular?

HTTP/2 203

5 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Out of interest, what forums in particular?

Asus ROG, InWin-style, Overclockers.....to name a few