[HELP] PC won't turn on

Hi, this is a weird issue I have been having with my desktop PC. I live in an area where there are a lot of power outages(at least one per day), hence I use an UPS with my PC. Recently my PC won't turn on after a long power outage, even if the PC was shutdown when power outage happened. Initially I thought it was an issue with the UPS because when I tried plugging in the PC directly from the power outlet and the PC turned on. However yesterday I left my PC plugged in to the power outlet (It was shutdown), after a power cut the PC wouldn't turn on. I tried unplugging and plugging it back in but it wouldn't turn on. Finally I tried plugging it back to the UPS and it turned on. This issue only happens when there has been a long power outage(an hour or more). The PC functions perfectly well when it's powered on.

It's an old build, here are the specs:

• Intel i7 2600k
  • Four Kingston DDR 3 4GB RAMs
  • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
  • Cooler master 650W power supply
  • Intel motherboard (Can't remember the model number. Sorry)

Any help on what is causing this issue is much appreciated.

Is it possible that you can check the PSU in another system or test another PSU in your system? 

Sounds like a power supply failure. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

Unfortunately no I don't have any other PSU nor do I have another system to test this on.

1 minute ago, SJPunk said:

Unfortunately no I don't have any other PSU nor do I have another system to test this on.

what happens after you power the pc back on? Does it boot up normally or does it give you an error of what happened? My Asus motherboard will give me an error that the previous shutdown was due to a PSU power surge or smth. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

It boots up normally. Sometimes the power button lights up and switches off in a flash. It doesn't throw any errors.

I think your PSU might be cooked, but I'm not sure. I can't say. 

try unplugging everything that you don't need (dedicated gpu, HDDs, Peripherals, DVD drives etc)

5 minutes ago, dionkoffie said:

I think your PSU might be cooked, but I'm not sure. I can't say. 

try unplugging everything that you don't need (dedicated gpu, HDDs, Peripherals, DVD drives etc)

Yeah, I will try that and get back to you. :)

I had same issues on my city and the main issue is a cheap psu with outages , I had like a psu per year till i bough a decent psu (1 psu last me less than 24h) pick a tier 1-2-3 psu from forum. (it happened to me with a i5 2500k gigabyte h87m?(i think?) ) and a lot of cheap brand psu (tacens-tooq...) picked a 850w silver and 0 problems with that pc , now i got a 550 bronze from evga and 0 problems. 

That 2500k with those psu's took 1mobo out my gtx 570ti 2 sticks of ram and 2 usb ports XDDD so watch out with cheap psu

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

You need to check output voltages on the PSU using either a multimeter, or your BIOS might have voltage readouts displayed.  Check with your manual on what are acceptable voltage ranges