Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shreyas1

Gigabyte Is Making Fake RGB RAM

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

1. Buy this RAM kit twice
2. Sell the functioning RAM sticks
3. Have a PC with 0 GB of RAM, but cool RGB
4. Listen to the symphony of bleep codes

5. Release bleep code symphony

6. DCMA and sue anyone who dares to use bleep codes.
7. Profit

 

If I ever care this much about lighting in my computer, fill free to punch me right in the face.

Corrected.

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

... THIS. This is how we know RGB has gone too far and will never stop.

image.png.b84965979eb86fbc9988584eebf21352.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you come up with ghetto solution by using some kind of dummy sticks and RGB heatspreads from ebay (yes, you can buy RGB heatsinks for your non-RGB RAM)?


Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really stupid. Don't understand... I feel like this is for those kids who brag about getting 300+ fps on CS:GO or Minecraft while playing on a 60hz monitor.

 

 

5b19203ed20d8_RGBRam.jpg.7b9cadc4bd0443d92e653b40a51a5df1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Next - cases with fake components because you can't afford them xD.....:(

A fake RGB 1080ti to place in an empty PCIe slot. For those running on integrated and don't want flack for not having a "real" gpu.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Really stupid. Don't understand... I feel like this is for those kids who brag about getting 300+ fps on CS:GO or Minecraft while playing on a 60hz monitor.

 

 

5b19203ed20d8_RGBRam.jpg.7b9cadc4bd0443d92e653b40a51a5df1.jpg

I can see the reason for it if you've got 2 RGB sticks but four slots. The gap doesn't look strange. Not that I'd do it, but I understand the market.


Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, this is a smart move and I'm surprised no one else has done this, esp with current RAM pricing. There's always gonna be someone that wants that full RGB look but doesn't want to drop another $200+ on more RAM. Of course eventually we'll all just stick some RGB Optane DIMM's into those slots to fill them

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Swatson said:

Honestly, this is a smart move and I'm surprised no one else has done this, esp with current RAM pricing. There's always gonna be someone that wants that full RGB look but doesn't want to drop another $200+ on more RAM. Of course eventually we'll all just stick some RGB Optane DIMM's into those slots to fill them

Yeah, but it costs 50 dollars on top of already inflated RAM prices. 


 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shreyas1 said:

Yeah, but it costs 50 dollars on top of already inflated RAM prices. 

Well it's not on top of, it's instead of. You would buy less RAM and buy these instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swatson said:

Well it's not on top of, it's instead of. You would buy less RAM and buy these instead.

Yeah buying less ram and purchasing fake RGB ram sticks helps these memory companies keep their high profit margins.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yeah buying less ram and purchasing fake RGB ram sticks helps these memory companies keep their high profit margins.

 

Hey I'm not saying it's something I'd buy LMAO, I would consider RGB optane DIMM SSDs though

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Swatson said:

Hey I'm not saying it's something I'd buy LMAO, I would consider RGB optane DIMM SSDs though

I agree it's cool but meh, I'd rather be able to fill up every slot with some real ram. Optane DIMMs with RGB i'd want but i hope Intel has some competition from Samsung so those DIMM SSDs wouldn't be so overpriced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blademaster91 said:

I agree it's cool but meh, I'd rather be able to fill up every slot with some real ram. Optane DIMMs with RGB i'd want but i hope Intel has some competition from Samsung so those DIMM SSDs wouldn't be so overpriced.

Samsung's 3dxpoint competitor isnt quite mature enough yet, and it's just tweaked slc nand. But here's hoping

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

R  - RGB

I   - Inspired 

C  - Cosmetic 

E  - Enhancements 


AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | Asus Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 250GB WD SATA | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.3.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×